Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better make the next trip to someplace I wouldn't mind staying, just in case I'm not fit to fly back.

Hello Rio!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

<-------"Blue Steel Danny" up and running

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Still cannot shake the underlying anger at what might be happening to Danny Dichio.
    I'm fucking pissed!
    I was upset that he was leaving at the end of the season, but if he gets the boot a month before season's end, I'm going to fucking loose it!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Face it, at 35 he's just too old for plane rides.....that must be the truth right?
    I am doomed in 2 years...yikes! Looks like I better invest in that RV and the hovercraft for long trips. There still is a ferry I can take across the atlantic right? I knew I saved up my vacation time for something.

I can understand if altitude issues and concussions/injuries are not good...but come on now. That is issues that Joe the plumber has and not finely tuned athletes......As CB said....something sure does stink. Let's just hope something comes out from the Club or Danny.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

35 is the new 85...didn't you hear?
    I should be fucking retired by now!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Star today, Cummins was saying that Danny's fit and could play if he had to, but he's probably going to stay home and not put himself through the plane ride.

I think this might well be the truth, that Cummins has said to danny that right now he's 4th choice striker beind obw, gerba, barrett. If we only play one proper striker, then there's no need to have 3 strikers on the bench, so dichio probably wouldn't even be selected, so he's let Danny choose if he wants to fly for no reason, or stay home.

what that would mean though is that cummins thinks Danny's our 4th best striker, in which case, can we fire him now please rather than at the end of the year when we've missed the playoffs, because he's obviously clueless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    In the Star today, Cummins was saying that Danny's fit and could play if he had to, but he's probably going to stay home and not put himself through the plane ride.

I think this might well be the truth, that Cummins has said to danny that right now he's 4th choice striker beind obw, gerba, barrett. If we only play one proper striker, then there's no need to have 3 strikers on the bench, so dichio probably wouldn't even be selected, so he's let Danny choose if he wants to fly for no reason, or stay home.

what that would mean though is that cummins thinks Danny's our 4th best striker, in which case, can we fire him now please rather than at the end of the year when we've missed the playoffs, because he's obviously clueless.
    I think this is very close to the truth.

Mo must rue the day he agreed to let Cummins stay on. I remain convinced that Mo squeezed Carver, at least in part, over Dichio's non-role on Carver's team. Cummins inserted Dichio, the team started winning, all was good.

But in the end, Cummins is Carver's guy. And Dichio is Mo's guy. Mo loves Dichio. He always has. He brought in Gerba because of the problems Barrett and Vitti were having. Not because he wanted Dichio playing against Saskatchewan.

Where would we be now, if Daso had been named coach and Dichio were a playing assistant?

Mo won't fire Cummins now because he can't/won't take the career risk of being the only manager in the history of any league to remove two different coaches within the same season. Cummins will be gone the day after the season ends.

If I'm wrong about Mo, and he's involved in this, then he should be fired. Today.

We are totally screwed.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-26-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...what that would mean though is that cummins thinks Danny's our 4th best striker, in which case, can we fire him now please rather than at the end of the year when we've missed the playoffs, because he's obviously clueless.
    That pretty much says it all.

INTERIM (thank God we cannot stress that word enough) coach Cummins is completely CLUELESS. Does he really think that he can quell this issue by chewing out J-Mo for chasing a 'non story' and telling the fans DD is injured even thought he played 90 mins just a few days before the Chivas game?

This whole soap opera has to come to an end now so the team can focus on making the playoffs - it will be hard enough to get in with Cummins screwing everything up and leaving our best striker at home...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<- done.
    c'mon you Reds!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MODERATOR NOTICE:

This is now the catch-all thread for talk, personal opinions and
    everything to do with the 'Dichio Situation'. Please keep everything
    related to this topic in this thread. Mods will merge all new threads
    into this one, unless they are based on a new NEWS article
    (and those will be in the news section)

As the story unfolds, this thread may be closed and a new 'Official Statement' thread may start.

please understand that this is a very touchy issue for all of us,
    and we just want to keep the talk contained in one area.
    We're not trying to censor new topics, we're just trying
    to keep some organization going. cool, thanks.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 08-26-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<- Done and Danny better be in the starting 11 Saturday afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    <- Done and Danny better be in the starting 11 Saturday afternoon.
    according to some reports, Dichio will stay in Toronto again ......that's pathetic!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    according to some reports, Dichio will stay in Toronto again ......that's pathetic!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/686510

^ the team has adjusted their flight schedule.
    Wonder if that's to accommodate Danny, or to keep them from talking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

It's not to accomodate Danny, doesn't sound like he's going:

"At the stage that Danny's at, the last thing he needs is a five-hour plane ride and two hours sitting in the airport," Cummins said of Dichio, who turns 35 in October and has said he's retiring at the end of the season. "He's fit and if he's called upon he'll play, but just speaking to him it's not a great thing for him and his body at the moment."

By sticking with this BS story about the flying, Cummins is ensuring that he is gone. Who would ever trust the guy?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "he's fit" comment I hope puts to bed all those questions about that "what if he has a knock" comments we've been hearing the past couple of days. That argument was always bull anyways.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to say that I have been advocating the consistency approach on here, ie don't fire the coaching staff or GM every time something bad happens, but it's getting to the point where I am losing faith in Cummins big time. Dichio is, and remains, our best footballing striker. He reads the game better than any of the other strikers, is a better FOOTBALLER than any of the them and makes things happen up front, even if he isn't the one sticking the ball in the net every time. Danny's expereicne and never say die attitude will be crucial to us making the play-offs. If you just assume "he's 35 and 4th choice" then get the fuck out of our club, because what the fuck kind of attitude is that?!

I understand about "building for the future" and that DD will retire at the end of the season, but what better way to build can there possibly be than MAKING THE POST SEASON for the first time?! how invaluable would that be for the younger players?

Cummins won't go before the season ends, although once it is confirmed that we mathematically cannot make the play offs (which I fear will happen sooner or later) it may be announced that he won't be made permanent head coach for next season, which is effectively binning him I suppose.

Anyway, bottom line is PLAY DANNY DICHIO if he's fit.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

Don't know what to think anymore.....

here's The Sun article....seems Dichio is staying home for sure....

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/oth...13611-sun.html

TFC's back-to-back trips to play a game in the Pacific time zone is a first in the franchise's three-year history.
    The unusual travel schedule has forced Cummins to adopt what he calls a "very, very light week'' of training.
    One of the victims of the five-hour flight to Seattle will be Danny Dichio, who won't accompany the team amid concerns the veteran's body simply can't cope with the cross-continent trip.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS - great avatars guys!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've supported Cummins in the past... and rightly so. But this...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I've supported Cummins in the past... and rightly so. But this...
    He seems to have painted himself into a corner with all his round about dealings with the media on this issue.....
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, there is some sense in playing Danny for 90 mins against saskatchewan whoever-it-was if it had already been pre-determined that he wasn't making the west coast trips, just to keep him match fit.

but i still think this whole thing is crap. if we suck on the road and lose the next two games with bad performances, then Danny better start the Sept 12th game at home, otherwise it will be all too clear just what the real truth is here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Also, there is some sense in playing Danny for 90 mins against saskatchewan whoever-it-was if it had already been pre-determined that he wasn't making the west coast trips, just to keep him match fit.

but i still think this whole thing is crap. if we suck on the road and lose the next two games with bad performances, then Danny better start the Sept 12th game at home, otherwise it will be all too clear just what the real truth is here...
    Very true...if nothing is said from the team from Danny or TFC from now until the 12th...will will all know come game time what is up.....

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Very true...if nothing is said from the team from Danny or TFC from now until the 12th...will will all know come game time what is up.....
    Could be 23 minutes and 13 seconds of singing the Dichio song, followed by a walkout, at that game

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Could be 23 minutes and 13 seconds of singing the Dichio song, followed by a walkout, at that game
    I think we've already established that people don't want to walk out from a game - a la NEE style.

I'm all for very hateful TIFO's.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One very important fact that I think we've missed is this.

Danny Dichio, irregardless of the fact that he is being benched severely, will NOT be playing for us next season. He is retiring and looking for work as a coach.

Doesn't it make sense to adjust the team where there is no Dichio? Dichio worked in the 4-3-3, but next season it won't work. I think CC's reasoning is fair, he want's to make this squad work without Dichio, because that's how it's going to be next season.

I think they should let him play the 85 minutes on the last game of the season, sub him off and let him take his bow. We'll do the whole TIFO, Celebration thingy then. Until that time, we have playoffs to work for. Danny Dichio can't be there to help us because this team needs to be able to perform without him! If DD is the only way we can win games then we are royally screwed next season.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    One very important fact that I think we've missed is this.

Danny Dichio, irregardless of the fact that he is being benched severely, will NOT be playing for us next season. He is retiring and looking for work as a coach.

Doesn't it make sense to adjust the team where there is no Dichio? Dichio worked in the 4-3-3, but next season it won't work. I think CC's reasoning is fair, he want's to make this squad work without Dichio, because that's how it's going to be next season.

I think they should let him play the 85 minutes on the last game of the season, sub him off and let him take his bow. We'll do the whole TIFO, Celebration thingy then. Until that time, we have playoffs to work for. Danny Dichio can't be there to help us because this team needs to be able to perform without him! If DD is the only way we can win games then we are royally screwed next season.

two things...

first - Dichio is still valuable to this team. He still showed this year that he is capable of setting up teammates with his one-touch passes. We have some other decent, yet underachieving, strikers that would benefit from his style of play.

second - don't use the word "irregardless"... it hurts any argument you try to make... just saying

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just sing the Dichio song for the full 90. That will put Cummins in his place.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^We've not missed this fact. It was discussed in the early pages of this thread.

Anyway, I've changed my picture in solidarity, and they better not be fucking with Danny. Still, I'll repeat what I said yesterday -- we have no solid information to work with here and really don't know what is happening beyond the shlock fed to the media by Cummins two days ago.

Remain calm.