Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1712
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pchap View Post
    My guess is if the deal is done... (which is still doubtful), MLSE'd be smart to wait at least until tomorrow morning so as not to take any thunder away from Gerba and White starting tonight?? Just a thought for what it's worth.
    lol wishful thinking

nobody is getting ultra hyped up that Gerba and White is starting tonight
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Its money, its not life or death. Unless he has the IQ of a tree than it shouldn't take a month.
    Besides with the out clause he'll probley jump ship for the first european team who makes him a half decent offer.
    Add to that the problems which might arise from money envy and players needing to be shipped out.
    Not to mention the massive primium we seem to be willing to pay for a "hometown boy".
    He's just a defence mid, he ain't worth it.
    My apologies it is about more than the money.....it is about security, family and his future. IQ of a tree eh.... and you are the authority on sports contracts?

And in your opinion he is not worth it.....fair enough...But to me, I think a player that is truly a box to box midfielder. Attacking and Defending...as I have said many times before, this is valuable to this team. There is no one on our current squad who can perform this role.

You make note that he may jump ship after he gets a better euro offer. Getting a player in his prime to me is more valuable than paying some old geezer DP money. Everyone has made note of all these washed up players who we should be signing as a DP and saying "oh, he would tear up this league...." But that comes with an * attached to it....Is he too old to play. In JDG, you would be getting someone that you know that can perform.

As well, what is it to you what he is paid. 400K counts against our cap...not the full amount rumoured. If other players on the team are not professional enough to see his caliber, than they should not be playing on this team. I am sure everyone wants this team to get better. To you accpeting is a no brainer, but I feel there is a lot more things to consider.
    Last edited by Ageroo; 07-22-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot an "is"
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side Note.....I understand everyone is frustrated this is taking so long. Trust me I am as well...as JDG is my favourite player. That being said.....you know with anything of this proportion is going to take a while. It is only because this has been rumoured for so long that it has been frustrating.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo should offer JDG some hookers and blow and the decision would be made already
    Last edited by Yohan; 07-22-2009 at 03:06 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point taken... just doesn't make too much PR to take away these two boys first suit up...that's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Mo should offer JDG some hookers and blow and the decision would be made already
    Fuck JDG, I'll sign up!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jack knows something, he is being awfully quiet in here yet he posted in the whore thread...
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump...

sry, needs to be the top of any forum

Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Pfft, I know FOR A FACT that he's already signed. In fact, during the River Plate game, a helicopter is going to take off from the island airport, fly up over BMO field, and he will jump out with a parachute. As he's falling, the announcer will be introducing TFC's starting lineup, but only introduce 10 players. Then, the crowd will look up, see the parachute, and suddenly BAM there he is. He will cut the cord, run up, and score a goal.

I heard it from a friend.
    I started laughing so hard when the helicopter passed over in the 1st half....I turned to my dad and said..."look, JDG!!"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck him.
    No reason it should take more than a day or two to decide. He's just hoping he'll get more action from European teams.
    If he wants to go there that bad then I don't want him.
    For once Edmonton and Calgary agree!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i was speaking to Julian about (firm)wear an hour ago and i let him know that im getting a lot of people questioning me about him signing etc lol

He told me to pass this message onto the fans.

Julian DeGuzman: "Tell them im interested but still deciding"

So that lets you know where Julian is at right now but some might have already thought this was the case lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck him.
    No reason it should take more than a day or two to decide. He's just hoping he'll get more action from European teams.
    If he wants to go there that bad then I don't want him.

oh man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    So i was speaking to Julian about (firm)wear an hour ago and i let him know that im getting a lot of people questioning me about him signing etc lol

So that lets you know where Julian is at right now but some might have already thought this was the case lol
    This is completely fine. Julian has every right to do this. It's up to Mo and TFC to decide if or when this has gone on too long.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ +1 ... although, honestly, i'm starting to feel a little strung along
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    ^ +1 ... although, honestly, i'm starting to feel a little strung along
    yeah its long in the tooth but only because we keep posting in threads and reading updates about how its undecided, i will be glad when its over (provided he signs HAHAHA)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Bruva, but there is a fine line between indecision and outright jackassery. De Guzman is testing that line quite well...
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Sorry Bruva, but there is a fine line between indecision and outright jackassery. De Guzman is testing that line quite well...
    well said,

now i just think, he's with fans balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info BB - hopefully some folks here don't have a heart attack from the wait.

I really don't think a few people here get what a huge decision this is. This isn't the same as just deciding what team to play for - this is deciding whether to continue his experience in Europe, or come home to play out what could be the remainder of his career. He's allowed more than a day or two to make that decision.

I think people are just turning their anxiety into anger.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he taken WAY more than a day or two to decide - WAY MORE

but that's his prerogative

it's up to TFC to put a timeline in place and I think it should be soon - we need to shit or get off the pot with this and move on

I REALLY would love to see JDG in TFC red right now but if it’s later that’s ok just not as a DP next time around.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only people complaining about Julian taking too long are those that are wrapped up in these forums
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is completely fine. Julian has every right to do this. It's up to Mo and TFC to decide if or when this has gone on too long.

Just wondering, how long would you let it go on if you were managing TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I really hope is that Mo has a plan B, C and maybe even D. If we don't land JDG it doesn't mean we are all set for a playoff push...we could use another guy at least!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    the only people complaining about Julian taking too long are those that are wrapped up in these forums
    Nice try. Posting in a forum while being critical of people who are wrapped up in these forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as it takes to get him signed!

JDG is fantastic. He's clearly a level (or two, or three) above the vast majority of players in the MLS. I see the attraction;

Do I think its a good move for TFC or JDG or the men's national team for him to come here, now, at this point in time in his career?

No.

(For all the reasons listed by the many many people above this post).

But, if I'm Mo, and I've decided he's what I need; I let him take all the time in the world to decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    he taken WAY more than a day or two to decide - WAY MORE

but that's his prerogative

it's up to TFC to put a timeline in place and I think it should be soon - we need to shit or get off the pot with this and move on

I REALLY would love to see JDG in TFC red right now but if it’s later that’s ok just not as a DP next time around.
    But this is the problem, isn't it? They already put a timeline in place (Canada being knocked out) and it was ignored. Then they put another timeline in place (Monday) which was ignored. So, they have two options, either they walk away with the offer, or they accept the fact that JDG will take his own time.

Personally, I sympathize with Mo. It's like if you ask a really hot girl to prom, and she says she'll think about it. I mean, sure, prom is approaching, and you need to set a deadline so you can find another, less attractive, girl to ask before it's too late; but how do put a timeline on the hot girl? Sure, she might just have said maybe to be nice, but what if she didn't? What if you tell her to fuck off the day before she was going to say yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Man up and take them both! LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    Nice try. Posting in a forum while being critical of people who are wrapped up in these forums.

you don't see me complaining he's taking too long though
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify when I said theres no reason it should take more than a day or two I meant a day or two AFTER being eliminated from the Gold Cup.
    People this deal has been in the works for over 3 weeks now.
    Is there a reason he couldn't have been mulling over this deal when he was alone in his hotel room between practices? Thinking about the changes he'd have to make while eating his breakfast? Weighing a huge pile of money versus having to play on turf during a flight? Asking himself if the chance to return home to spend more time with friends and family was worth not being able to play againest Christiano Ronaldo while taking a shit?
    You honestly think he hasn't had PLENTY of time to think about everything already?
    Wake up and smell the coffee already. This man does NOT want to come here. Stop making excuses for someone who's stringing you along.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify when I said theres no reason it should take more than a day or two I meant a day or two AFTER being eliminated from the Gold Cup.
    People this deal has been in the works for over 3 weeks now.
    Is there a reason he couldn't have been mulling over this deal when he was alone in his hotel room between practices? Thinking about the changes he'd have to make while eating his breakfast? Weighing a huge pile of money versus having to play on turf during a flight? Asking himself if the chance to return home to spend more time with friends and family was worth not being able to play againest Christiano Ronaldo while taking a shit?
    You honestly think he hasn't had PLENTY of time to think about everything already?
    Wake up and smell the coffee already. This man does NOT want to come here. Stop making excuses for someone who's stringing you along.

how do you know he's not mulling over multiple offers?

I think all of us are used to an athlete being wooed by a bunch of teams in the same league and making a decision in a few days.

or maybe because certain hockey players from sweden took forever to make up their minds, so thats also made toronto sports fans what it is.

if he didn't want to come he would of said no by now. theres more to it than we know.
    c'mon you Reds!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides the guy takes like hours/days to reply to blackberry messenger, so im not suprised it takes him this long to make a decision lol.
    c'mon you Reds!