Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/sta...32555369533714

Kelechi Iheanacho attracting MLS interest.

would fit the bill for us.
    Would definitely do it. He would have to take TAM money to get him in the summer though...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Would definitely do it. He would have to take TAM money to get him in the summer though...
    How does a Loan-to-Purchase work again?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    How does a Loan-to-Purchase work again?
    he's a free agent in the summer.

would just mean he takes less for 6 months before a DP contract.

he's a quality player, unsure if he's the right profile in terms of being a forward that presses and gets on the end of stuff though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to think Owusu might be good enough as the target man/cleaning up the junk/getting on the end of things type of CF so I would rather us aim for a Cucho or Arango type forward that can make things happen on their own instead of requiring service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Starting to think Owusu might be good enough as the target man/cleaning up the junk/getting on the end of things type of CF so I would rather us aim for a Cucho or Arango type forward that can make things happen on their own instead of requiring service.
    I’ve gone back-and-forth on this. He could always go cold again and we’d surely be kicking ourselves.

But I might be tempted to find the luxury, DP version of Etienne Jr

That would really make us a nightmare to defend against.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’ve gone back-and-forth on this. He could always go cold again and we’d surely be kicking ourselves.

But I might be tempted to find the luxury, DP version of Etienne Jr

That would really make us a nightmare to defend against.
    He could but even when he was cold he held the ball up, made runs, was a bit physical in the box. He relies on service though and that won't always come and could be shut down. I always liked having a different look available if needed and MLS is made for guys who create for themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Another medal to add to the collection 🥇 🏆 . Its been a crazy season! Unfortunately my journey with the tangerines ends here. Just want to thank all the fans for your support and welcoming me into your club. To all the boys congratulations and thank you, all the best in future.
    https://twitter.com/Spoony_10/status...X1ly8jTGA&s=19

TFC ?
    Too old for TFC profiles, I believe. But I think he would be a great bench option in MLS & get paid more than what he is making in Scotland.

Considering he's already made a decision, I feel like he's moving to a league already in session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's 24. The best I can see is he gets a lower-league gig, like Jordan Hamilton did in Ireland, briefly.

Ireland, Malta, Norwegian second division, Iceland, Finland, National League. It'll be one of those gigs if anywhere, I imagine.
    Sounds about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear that a guy in the Cucho mold might not thrive too well with our two DPs who require so much of the ball. Obviously if an elite European forward like Antoine Griezmann wanted to come here, than you do that. But, in the meantime a big, target forward is what we need. Whether that is Prince or a guy in the Bas Dost mold, someone who takes up space, knocks down balls and just needs one touch to put the ball in the net is probably the ideal striker for TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernardeschi has turned a corner and I think he could work with another player who likes the ball. Insigne not so much but if it were me, I wouldn't make too many roster decisions based on a guy with a worse injury record than Jozy but with less productivity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narratives change - player capability is so streaky in this sport - heck most sports (remembers the "dying quail" speech in Bull Durham about the difference between .250 & .300). Especially goal scorers.

Like, I really hope Kerr starts Wednesday and gets a few goals - his confidence is shot (watch him during the Longstaff goal - typical reaction of a striker desperate to score to prove himself - I don't blame him because the pressure must be immense - that having been said, his movement on that play was not so good)

So far this season, Lorenzo has been a god, Prince has been a god and now Berne is a god. 3 weeks from now, lets see who the narrative is about.

I do know that consistency wise, I trust Lorenzo & Berne to keep scoring periodically. I wonder about Prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know at this point I'm probably coming across like I personally hate the guy but I still absolutely do not see an MLS starter in Prince. But if he keeps scoring that's all he needs to do. I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I know at this point I'm probably coming across like I personally hate the guy but I still absolutely do not see an MLS starter in Prince. But if he keeps scoring that's all he needs to do. I just don't see it.
    Okay... as long as you're cool, if he keeps scoring goals, with me bringing this quote up every few weeks for the season.

I mean, the dude is a service striker, but so far it's all been, other than the flying back heel, goals based on very easy finishing and decent movement.

If he keeps getting those looks, he'll keep scoring. If we expect him to score off challenging balls or create anything, it's not going to happen.

He's a poacher. The only question at this point is whether he's a better-than-average poacher.

I suspect he goes in bunches, so we'll see one or two more scoring bursts like this this year, and that's probably it. But if that puts him in the 10-15 goal range, at his money, he's done his job.

Given an open DP slot, we still need to hire a dangerous forward who creates lots of their own goals. I don't count on Insigne staying healthy or Bernardeschi scoring regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... as long as you're cool, if he keeps scoring goals, with me bringing this quote up every few weeks for the season.

I mean, the dude is a service striker, but so far it's all been, other than the flying back heel, goals based on very easy finishing and decent movement.

If he keeps getting those looks, he'll keep scoring. If we expect him to score off challenging balls or create anything, it's not going to happen.

He's a poacher. The only question at this point is whether he's a better-than-average poacher.

I suspect he goes in bunches, so we'll see one or two more scoring bursts like this this year, and that's probably it. But if that puts him in the 10-15 goal range, at his money, he's done his job.

Given an open DP slot, we still need to hire a dangerous forward who creates lots of their own goals. I don't count on Insigne staying healthy or Bernardeschi scoring regularly.
    Done deal. I'll absolutely happily eat crow by having that quote posted every week for the next several seasons if it's because he's banging in goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Done deal. I'll absolutely happily eat crow by having that quote posted every week for the next several seasons if it's because he's banging in goals.
    This happened to me with Vanney. I hated that hire when it happened. It took me 18 months to come around.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially official

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Officially official

I feel badly for him, because he was well on his way before the injury. It's not Nicholas Lindsay tragic, as he made $2M in contract cash since MLS IS BACK, but anytime someone's career is limited by injury seems unfair.

Having said that, I was upset when we kept him over Hamilton. Neither probably would've made it, as Hamilton just didn't have the work ethic or outlook required, but of the two, he had more potential as a striker. Ayo always looked like a converted winger, and it was his speed on the back shoulder that made him a threat. As soon as he lost that speed -- and became a tank -- his potential went out the window, basically.

Having watched a couple of Hassan Ayari appearances, he's already more dangerous than Ayo and would be a better first-team fit even now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all looks like a deal was had for the transfer window and then it fell through - the salary cap amount involved also might have been one of the reasons why "the everyweek starter" didn't get here.

I feel for him - only 2 players from the "team that effin works" are still around.

&

He had his chance at the beginning of the season - we are better off now with him gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    might have been one of the reasons why "the everyweek starter" didn't get here.
    The source is not perfect but I'm told we'd literally agreed terms with a player, but his club woudn't release him, even though he wasn't needed with the end of the season almost on us.

The other half to that story usually is that they were trying to force a transfer fee when his contract was up at the end of June anyway. So whoever it is, they're probably coming here in the mid window.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^We should maybe pivot to Choiniere anyway, if that story was real
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^We should maybe pivot to Choiniere anyway, if that story was real
    I'd hope Hernandez was on the phone the day he made the statement. We must have enough suspect assets that still have value to make that happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will probably go to Inter Miami for the league minimum (wink, wink) but, I would buy Marco's jersey the day it dropped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The source is not perfect but I'm told we'd literally agreed terms with a player, but his club woudn't release him, even though he wasn't needed with the end of the season almost on us.

The other half to that story usually is that they were trying to force a transfer fee when his contract was up at the end of June anyway. So whoever it is, they're probably coming here in the mid window.
    This is what I was assuming, as well (although I have 0 sources, lol)

I am convinced it's a Sheffield United player, probably the RWB they were scouting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel badly for him, because he was well on his way before the injury. It's not Nicholas Lindsay tragic, as he made $2M in contract cash since MLS IS BACK, but anytime someone's career is limited by injury seems unfair.

Having said that, I was upset when we kept him over Hamilton. Neither probably would've made it, as Hamilton just didn't have the work ethic or outlook required, but of the two, he had more potential as a striker. Ayo always looked like a converted winger, and it was his speed on the back shoulder that made him a threat. As soon as he lost that speed -- and became a tank -- his potential went out the window, basically.

Having watched a couple of Hassan Ayari appearances, he's already more dangerous than Ayo and would be a better first-team fit even now.
    I think once the Perruzza move is finalized either Ayari or Staniland is added to the slot Perruzza opens up (supplemental 21-24). I then think Mabika also moves into the Perruzza danger zone to make room for both Ayari & Staniland into the supp 21-24 slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced Jason uses the 3rd DP slot next season & opts to take the 4th U22 slot + $2mil in GAM instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Will probably go to Inter Miami for the league minimum (wink, wink) but, I would buy Marco's jersey the day it dropped.

Not so sure about that destination; maybe. Thinking somewhere else. Supposedly, Angel Di Maria is already engaging IMCF.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-08-2024 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

This guy has Chicago Fire overpaying written all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy has Chicago Fire overpaying written all over it.
    but will he help the Fire win the FIFA World Cup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could go to st louis with burki but unsure if they have a dp spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured this could be possible not only from Berna but also with Insigne. Could open the door to help bring one of their buddies in. I am thinking Berna wants another couple of years added. 2028? Lower the annual value?
    Last edited by GMoneyTalks; 05-08-2024 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Wrong tweet.