Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Your line of arguing by comparing match fixing to anti vaxxers or chemtrail believers is offensive and out of line. Nobody here is arguing for those things.

While most of us, myself included, believe its gross incompetence, the point that it would be possible to fix an MLS match by just bribing one official (either the VAR official or the ref) is completely reasonable. It's happened in Serie A, a much bigger and richer league than MLS. It's happened in England, Spain, and right here in Canada (the CSL). BTW, Declan Hill is on the record that potential match fixing is a genuine concern in MLS. You claim you've read him, but you must have missed or forgotten that he's said that (I guess you'd consider him a moon landing hoaxer or something like that).

You also are completely ignorant of how poorly MLS refs are paid. They only get a few hundred dollars per game, it's mainly done for the love of it (which boggles my mind, why would someone want the abuse that refs get). So there's motivation.

Of course a flat earth believer like yourself would deny reality, no matter what evidence was provided.
I know how well MLS referees are (or, more accurately, aren’t) paid, and I’m aware that literally anything can be fixed, including MLS.

You claiming that I’m not aware of these things, or that I haven’t read the Hill book (I have) are just baseless accusations (like ones of match fixing). You also claiming something I’ve said is offensive or out-of-line and repeating it with an eye-roll shows just about how specious the line of argument towards this being a fix is.

I also don’t have the burden of evidence in this, as I wasn’t the one claiming it was fixed in the first place, lol. That’s not how this works, unfortunately.

“Ref is poorly paid.” “Experts have said that fixing MLS is potentially possible.” “Ref has a headset.” “MLS refs are incompetent.” “It happened before in other leagues!”

None of these show the match was fixed, nor that it even approached looking like a fixed match, let alone being one. “It’s possible in the vaguest sense” isn’t proof or even justification for making up potentially libellous claims.

This match wasn’t fixed. Prove me wrong. I’ll pick up a new Impact kit at the next possible opportunity.

The government is injecting something nefarious into my body with the flu shot. The doctor/nurse/pharmacist isn’t paid very well for administering the shot. They suspiciously go out of the room to get and prep the vaccine without explaining it to me. Doctors have a history of malpractice, even in this country, even recently. The government has a history of spying on its citizens, even in this country, even recently.

That’s basically a QED by your logic.