Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raj100 View Post
    how about tchani relegated to the bench? and then play with frings AND JDG in a triangle midfield 3?
    This will likely be the case for now.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will it though? If you are building for next year it makes sense to use the players who will actually be around. Suspect we might see Frings, Tchani and Santos as the midfield triangle with JDG and Sturgis as cover and Yourassowsksy competing for the left back spot with Borman.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--------------------------Frei----------------------------
    -Eckersley------Williams---------Tchani-----------Borman-
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    -------------de Guzman--------Frings---------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------Zavarise----------------------------
    --Martina-------------------------------------Plata-------
    ---------------------Koevermans-------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Will it though? If you are building for next year it makes sense to use the players who will actually be around. Suspect we might see Frings, Tchani and Santos as the midfield triangle with JDG and Sturgis as cover and Yourassowsksy competing for the left back spot with Borman.
    You really think that Deguz is going to sit? If that is the case they may as well dump him because I truly believe he will check out completely if that's the case. You could be right though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    You really think that Deguz is going to sit? If that is the case they may as well dump him because I truly believe he will check out completely if that's the case. You could be right though.
    Kinda think thats gonna happen, why else would we get a better player in his position?

Even then

Frings-Tchani-DeGuzman

Does that look so wrong to you with Tchani going forward?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Kinda think thats gonna happen, why else would we get a better player in his position?

Even then

Frings-Tchani-DeGuzman

Does that look so wrong to you with Tchani going forward?
    It doesn't look wrong. It could work for sure as we need to address our defensive woes. But what of Santos and Gordon if we go this route? Tchani is no AM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really think that Deguz is going to sit?
    Up to now De Guzman has been pretty much an automatic selection when he hasn't broken curfew because he was the franchise player making the big bucks and the team was supposed to revolve around him. That's no longer the case now. All depends on his attitude and whether he can help the team meet some short term goals. If I were Winter I would not have been impressed by the It's Called Football stuff about JDG buying out his contract. An obvious attempt to turn up the heat on Winter after the 2-6 game in the hope the MLSE board would pull the plug on him and move in a different direction. Suspect he has a lot to prove before Winter will want to rely on him in any way from here on.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I already saw 2 Frings TFC jerseys in 113 today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up to now De Guzman has been pretty much an automatic selection when he hasn't broken curfew because he was the franchise player making the big bucks and the team was supposed to revolve around him. That's no longer the case now. All depends on his attitude and whether he can help the team meet some short term goals. If I were Winter I would not have been impressed by the It's Called Football stuff about JDG buying out his contract. An obvious attempt to turn up the heat on Winter after the 2-6 game in the hope the MLSE board would pull the plug on him and move in a different direction. Suspect he has a lot to prove before Winter will want to rely on him in any way from here on.
    I agree completely. Having said that I believe that he will get his shot at turning things around now. He will have the quality that many said he needed around him to make him play better. If he fails to do so quickly, you are right, he'll sit. There are many things Winter can do having Frings added to the lineup. We could see Deguz playing further up as he does with the national team, where he seems to look more impressive. Frings cab also play up further if that's what Winter wants. I would love to see the 2 of them gel though, in the triangle pointing forward, with either Gordon or Koevermans playing at the peak. Perhaps Gordon and Koevermans could switch in and out during the game. Anyways, possibilities are endless and I hope JDG will be an active, productive part of turning this around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't look wrong. It could work for sure as we need to address our defensive woes. But what of Santos and Gordon if we go this route? Tchani is no AM.
    Agreed, he's more box to box. Prob is Santos and Gordon aarent either. The amount Gordon has been injured I bet this is his last year and Santos is good but too inconsistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Agreed, he's more box to box. Prob is Santos and Gordon aarent either. The amount Gordon has been injured I bet this is his last year and Santos is good but too inconsistent.
    You're right about Santos. But if we can rotate players so that they are getting ample recovery time or 60 mins a game versus the full 90 we may get more from all of them.

Another thing with Frings would be that in a pinch he could easily fill in as a CB if needed. Probably do a better job than many especially if he had Deguz and Tchani as our DM's. Anyways, we are supposed to be getting a quality defender before too long and with all that has transpired we should most definitely be better, immediately.

Can't wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These were clearly soccer signings, not marketing department signings, so that's good.

Even if you assume JDG is gone, I still don't understand the Frings signing. I don't think using the DP slot for DMs is necessary. Plus, you are forcing one of Frings or Tchani out of his natural position. Why? When you add in Peterson and Sturgis, we have a lot of people playing DM around here.

I guess they have more cards to play, so we'll see.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-29-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be very interesting in the Team selections for now, I am just hoping that these two guys work. Because boy do we need some Luck. I have seen Frings play and I was pleased from what I saw, I do not know much about Koevermans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yourassowsksy....has to go,......made up my mind after watching tonight poor passing, standing around, two completely horriblly inaccurrate shots with good opportunities. and he does piss off refs with his diving, all show no go. Borman at least is very good crosser
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very impressed with Koeverman's interview on the TFC website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are great signings for our club right now. Frings is the leader that is so sorely missing in our squad, and I think people are underestimating him as a box to box type player with some quality playmaking ability. De Guz may be on his way out, but if he's around the rest of the season, I could see Frings playing the top of the diamond with Tchani and Julian supporting.

The thing is both players are very experienced in the style of football Winter is trying to instill in this squad, as opposed to just signing up whoever's available. They aren't long term solutions, but they're intelligent choices, as opposed to the stopgap type players we've seen in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the other day that Ivica Dragutinovic was considering the MLS, maybe hes the defender Winter wants?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if the league would allow that sort of relatively high profile signing as an "injury replacement" for Cann? The two empty DP slots are now gone along with the six discovery signings allowed for 2011 so squeezing in the defender could be tricky. Not sure how allocation signings work these days and if TFC would have enough of that after helping out other teams on DeRosario and Barrett's salaries and potentially paying down one of both of the new DPs so "injury replacement", or a trade within the league are probably the only viable options right now. They may have to wait until the winter window to address that issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't see this on the mls articles, but when are they signed until? ... just read Koevermans is til 2014
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think Winter said both through to the end of 2013 as with his own contract during the press conference. The Toronto FC TV clips of that would be the best way to double check on that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxygenatedbrain View Post
    Point me to your source with regard to how Bekker is eligible to sign, please.
    Bekker is still not eligible for draft and that means if TFC offers him a good $$$$ he can sign with them tomorrow,once he becomes draft eligible they can't get him anymore except through the draft.

I saw him every day this week .My son is with same academy as Bekker,he is helping coaching during the Sigma International soccer camp (Tuesday TFC practice was held at the same field were kids were practicing)and Boston College head coach is also here and he knows that Bekker is practicing with TFC.

He is just training with TFC, both coaches(Winter and De Klerk) know him from 2007 when he was with Sigma in Holland and they asked him to stay with Ajax,he was there for 6 months and the knee injury was the only reason why he did not sign with Ajax back then.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Winter I would not have been impressed by the It's Called Football stuff about JDG buying out his contract. An obvious attempt to turn up the heat on Winter after the 2-6 game in the hope the MLSE board would pull the plug on him and move in a different direction. Suspect he has a lot to prove before Winter will want to rely on him in any way from here on.
    I think it's the opposite - Winter's done with him already - the ICF source was probably the team - they want JDG to accept a buy out, and JDG wants the full amount of his contract, so while they sort it out, they make him miserable, and he sits.

Either way, same outcome. JDG is gone.

I doubt JDG will see the pitch again, except as maybe an emergency replacement.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't completely discount your scenario given the Koevermans rumour would probably have been from an internal TFC source but seems to me that the ICF guys are part of what Paul James has referred to as the CMNT's "entourage" in some of his more negative comments about the Voyageurs fan group. As you say though it's difficult to see a way back for JDG now and hopefully some sort of mutually beneficial parting of the ways gets sorted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't completely discount your scenario given the Koevermans rumour would probably have been from an internal TFC source but seems to me that the ICF guys are part of what Paul James has referred to as the CMNT's "entourage" in some of his more negative comments about the Voyageurs fan group. As you say though it's difficult to see a way back for JDG now and hopefully some sort of mutually beneficial parting of the ways gets sorted out.
    Hmmm I don't think that is the case with ICF - I don't think PJ thinks of the Vs like that now but is referring to the board/forum from 5-10 years ago.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serb_Star View Post
    Read the other day that Ivica Dragutinovic was considering the MLS, maybe hes the defender Winter wants?
    No,Winter said it will be Canadian/American,no more spots for international players.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Yourassowsksy....has to go,......made up my mind after watching tonight poor passing, standing around, two completely horriblly inaccurrate shots with good opportunities. and he does piss off refs with his diving, all show no go. Borman at least is very good crosser
    Don't forget that Yourassowsksy is LB nod MD.You put Yourassowsksy on his natural position and he will be way much better that Borman.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    i didn't see this on the mls articles, but when are they signed until? ... just read Koevermans is til 2014
    Think Winter said both through to the end of 2013 as with his own contract during the press conference. The Toronto FC TV clips of that would be the best way to double check on that.
    January 2014 for all of them,Winter ,De Klerk and new DPs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Don't forget that Yourassowsksy is LB nod MD.You put Yourassowsksy on his natural position and he will be way much better that Borman.
    Big time.
    Dudes also reasonably priced.
    He definitely had a bad game yesterday but overall isnt that bad a player for our league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Even when we had a relatively healthy squad he refused to play him at LB. I never understood that. Just like i don't understand why he's thrown in the midfield where he is completely lost. He looked like a more than capable LB, much better than Borman.

Although, after bearing witness to his play acting, i'd rather he was some other team's embarrassment, no matter how good he is.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a bit trivial perhaps, and proably mentioned elsewhere, but it seemed odd that Frings (I think it was) held up a shirt with number 22 on the back... seeing as that's Tchani's number and all.. maybe he gave it up ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha