Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Ah TSN weighs in with their cutting edge commentary on the beautiful game.

All they did was "rip and repost" the story from the CP. All their "journalists" must be in Buffalo trying to whip up interest in the most over-hyped sporting event on Earth, the World Junior Hockey championships.... the only "World" championship that is cared about by only one country.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ if permission was given... having it in writing would be key.

Wouldn't there need to be some form of paperwork filed, either with the league or with Celtic to cover things like injuries, insurance, terms of the trial, costs related (travel, per diem, etc)?

If DeRo can produce that... he wins.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I don't know who gave DeRo permission. It could be Jimmy. It could be Tom. It could be Jurgen. It could be someone at MLS. Or it could be his agent telling him "you got permission" when they didn't. I simply don't know. However, the story I am getting from the DeRo camp once I confirmed that he indeed provided TFC with a trial request was that he only left once he had approval. I can't speak to more than that.
    And that, would be enough for me.

IF he got permission, he did nothing wrong and I for one will welcome him back if he returns.

As for the one who gave him permission, he/she/them better step up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

All they did was "rip and repost" the story from the CP. All their "journalists" must be in Buffalo trying to whip up interest in the most over-hyped sporting event on Earth, the World Junior Hockey championships.... the only "World" championship that is cared about by only one country.
    Yeah, did you see the ticket scheme they have going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It is dishonorable to (i) sign a long term contract, and (ii) publicly complain about the terms of that contract, (iii) within months of signing the contract. It says you are not a man of your word.

This one was a particularly tough situation, though. TFC announced the trade and then offered to renegotiate the contract. Probably there was a lot of, "Just sign now, we'll fix it later," pressure from the league, the team and who knows, maybe the agent. But when "later" came it wasn't what anyone expected and it's been a bad relationship since. It also sounds like there were lots of times since then that more promises to "fix" it were made, including Anselmi himself saying that their "door is open." But was it really?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think you guys should take this post as truth. I can't say why because there could be jobs at stake, but that you should.

What you people should be questioning is who gave Dero permission. Could the MLS have over stepped TFC authority and given the ok? That's what I'm thinking.

Does the league really want a guy like Dero running around demanding DP money, then getting it? do you know what kind of president that would set for the rest of the league?
    If that's the case then there are way bigger issues than what is going on at TFC. How could any organization operate when they could be over-stepped in that fashion by the league???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could the MLS have over stepped TFC authority and given the ok? That's what I'm thinking.
    Apparently you missed MLS releasing a statement saying they were completely unaware that DeRo was trialing at Celtic.

Absolutely no reason to assume DeRo received permission, let alone permission from the correct figures.

If DeRo gets permission from the BMO hot dog vendor, that doesn't make it okay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a hard time keeping track of all the releases. I know TFC has released a statement but did MLS?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    If that's the case then there are way bigger issues than what is going on at TFC. How could any organization operate when they could be over-stepped in that fashion by the league???

It happens. Believe me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amc View Post
    I'm a Celtic fan just decided to voice my opinion on this matter.

You can't blame him for wanting to come to Celtic? He's only on £5,250 a week at Toronto - not very big for your 'best and most prized' player..

As well as that comes the chance to show off his worth on the European stage - which some player can only dream of. North American football isn't any where up to the standard of European football. Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park is one of the many lures to players.

What I am however concerned about is how the Toronto board deny allowing 'DeRo' a trial at Celtic. Celtic are a established club with great responsibilities and roots and it is not in our nature to tap up players. What I think is more likely to have happened is that there was some sort of rift whether to let the player go or not to Celtic and the decision was given but came under fire from fans so this theory was introduced?

Hopefully nothing illegal happened during this trial..
    Your thoughts?
    i wonder how he feels about playing in front of a MLS sized crowds and smaller when he isn't playing at home or at Rangers?

DeRo is under contract with Toronto FC...meaning they own his rights...meaning they get to control whatever they want...what would happen if Stokes or Hooper went on trial to Manchester United without permission and tore his acl on the training pitch? Well United would no longer want him and Celtic would be returned with damaged goods and their salaries to pay for.

Finally, why at age 32 is he now deciding to play in Europe; he has or is currently peaking and it will be all downhill from her

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ if permission was given... having it in writing would be key.

Wouldn't there need to be some form of paperwork filed, either with the league or with Celtic to cover things like injuries, insurance, terms of the trial, costs related (travel, per diem, etc)?

If DeRo can produce that... he wins.
    I have the same questions. One would assume some kind of document would exist to address stuff like this.

Hypothetically - If De-Ro does get injured during training. Who's on the hook for his salary? Anyone? Is he SOL?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a hard time keeping track of all the releases. I know TFC has released a statement but did MLS?
    not that I am aware of ... I checked the MLS site, the news on there is about TFC's statement; not a statement form MLS
    Last edited by Suds; 12-28-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Apparently you missed MLS releasing a statement saying they were completely unaware that DeRo was trialing at Celtic.

Absolutely no reason to assume DeRo received permission, let alone permission from the correct figures.

If DeRo gets permission from the BMO hot dog vendor, that doesn't make it okay.
    Is this on the MLS site?

I'm not trying to start a rumour - but if TFC didn't give him permission, the only other logical group would be MLS - who technically own his contract.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 12-28-2010 at 02:53 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

yep, just posted it to show that the story is breaking, even in non-soccer places.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this on the MLS site?
    No I was referring to the Ben Rycroft release.

I'm not trying to start a rumour - but if TFC didn't give him permission, the only other logical group would be MLS - who technically own his contract.
    Or, crazy thought, he didn't get permission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    No I was referring to the Ben Rycroft release.

Or, crazy thought, he didn't get permission.
    You said there was a release by the MLS that I had missed - I'd love to read it - I can't find it on CDN Soccer blog, Ben's twitter or the MLS site.

Can you post a link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading every story that i could from as many sources as possible the one common thread to every blog,report,story is;TFC is a mess,no real G>M> no real COACH,Klinsman on the beach taking our money,Anselmi on permanent hiatus,and the inmates running the asylum.When o when will somebody make a f------ decision!!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rycroft's tweet:

CSN has comment from MLS on DeRo/Celtic scenario. Gist: Celtic was unaware things weren't cleared with MLS. Post will be up within the hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stepped out for a few hours and this thread more than doubled- can anyone fill me in? What'd I miss? Who are we lynching this aft?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck De Ro. I hope you make the team and hopefully get to play some champions league football.

When i watched the titanic, i was hoping leo would come to his senses and hop up onto the raft and push kate winslet into the cold water. Professionals shouldn't go down with sinking ships. Take care of you and your family, and get as far away as you can from this pooh storm of a front office. As a fan, i'll miss you, but will completely understand your decision.

If you believe the FO knew nothing about this, you're kidding yourself. Another attempt at saving face for an incompetent organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    After reading every story that i could from as many sources as possible the one common thread to every blog,report,story is;TFC is a mess,no real G>M> no real COACH,Klinsman on the beach taking our money,Anselmi on permanent hiatus,and the inmates running the asylum.When o when will somebody make a f------ decision!!!!!
    I wonder if Klinsmann's group is watching this mess and wondering what they have gotten themselves into?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Earl should have thought of that before throwing DeRo under the bus.
    how was he throwing dero under a bus...last time i checked, dero was still receiving his contractual agreeded paycheck ontime

I have several sources and I won't name any of them specifically. Needless to say I have verified everything I learn from more than one source...remember the whole "wait" thing I put up that you guys flipped out over?
    sources is like saying some people say

do you work for fox Roogsy?

So if my sources (who are more often right than wrong) are saying something different, what does that mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Rycroft's tweet:

CSN has comment from MLS on DeRo/Celtic scenario. Gist: Celtic was unaware things weren't cleared with MLS. Post will be up within the hour.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what MLS has to say.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    how was he throwing dero under a bus...last time i checked, dero was still receiving his contractual agreeded paycheck ontime

sources is like saying some people say

do you work for fox Roogsy?

So if my sources (who are more often right than wrong) are saying something different, what does that mean?
    It means you have different information than I do and one of us is wrong. I have no problems admitting the reality of the situation. However, I had information that rebutted what the information at the time and so far it has proven to be accurate. DeRo DID submit a trial request. That was not known at the time. TFC DID know of a trial request for Celtic. The exact opposite was being argued at the time. And DeRo left for Scotland with what he claims was permission. All new news.

Does this mean more news can't come out? No. But certainly there is more information being discussed than there was before when people were freaking out because DeRo left without asking for permission or telling his club. Is that still Fox news? The frustrating part about this board is that no matter how much info you have, it's never enough. You need the smoking gun or the info is worthless. What info do you have for us Priz?
    Last edited by Roogsy; 12-28-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    I've been saying for the last year and a half that this team was fucked from top to bottom. The front office, the GM, the coach, some of the players.
    Vast majority thought I was being overly critical.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I've been saying for the last year and a half that this team was fucked from top to bottom. The front office, the GM, the coach, some of the players.
    Vast majority thought I was being overly critical.
    If and when DeRo leaves, where does this leave out bet Stryker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means you have different information than I do and one of us is wrong. I have no problems admitting the reality of the situation. However, I had information that rebutted what the information at the time and so far it has proven to be accurate. DeRo DID submit a trial request. That was not known at the time. TFC DID know of a trial request for Celtic. The exact opposite was being argued at the time. And DeRo left for Scotland with what he claims was permission. All new news.

Does this mean more news can't come out? No. But certainly there is more information being discussed than there was before when people were freaking out because DeRo left without asking for permission or telling his club. Is that still Fox news? The frustrating part about this board is that no matter how much info you have, it's never enough. You need the smoking gun or the info is worthless. What info do you have for us Priz?
    So Dero submitted a request but TFC never approved it? Isn't that really the same difference? Either way TFC didn't approve of, or know he was going

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I wonder if Klinsmann's group is watching this mess and wondering what they have gotten themselves into?

No way.

As consultants, they are thinking "our billable hours for January are gonna go through the freakin' roof!"

Happy times!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If and when DeRo leaves, where does this leave out bet Stryker?
    Much like our team, up shit creek without a paddle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    So Dero submitted a request but TFC never approved it? Isn't that really the same difference? Either way TFC didn't approve of, or know he was going

I think you missed my post about the organization.

It is feasable (although I am not claiming that this is what happened) that someone other than Earl gave DeRo the permission. Either at TFC or at MLS. I simply don't know. The problem is that in the dysfunction that is TFC as well as the distant communication between the team and MLS, somebody somewhere could have given DeRo permission. That is just a hypothetical situation, by no means do I think or know that this is what happened. Like all of you I am waiting to hear directly from the team on this, starting with their confirmation as to whether DeRo ever submitted a trial request.