Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Actually yes, its still is. Because he is still under contract. What grounds does DeRo have to even get a re-nefotiated contract? Absolutely none. Business is cold.

Which means absolutely nothing unless they actually gave him permission.

And there is a fair amount of evidence going against that supposed rumour anyways.
    What evidence is there? The only response from TFC has been that they did not "know" of the trial which at this point most people would agree is flat out inaccurate, whether it's a lie or not who knows?

They have not even addressed the issue of approval or not because they have not even acknowledged that there was even a request!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Or that he was mislead by his agent.
    haha... Dero's Agent just got his christmas Holiday canceled. Better work hard for that 10%
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The context is key. It wasn't "mid contract", it was "early contract"...this started before his first season was finished, as Dero went to the press with this first in September 2009.

I had never seen a pro athlete do this before (ie not even 1/4 of the way through a contract). In world football, these things happen all the time, but only in the last two years of a contract.

Because of the timing, it was definitely evidence of untrustworthiness. I suspect he would say he didn't start it.

So that makes both Dero and MLSE untrustworthy. What a surprise.

DeRo can be accused of many things with his contract situation but "trustworthy" is not something I think can be called into question. Teams had the right to deny him renegotiation did they not? And the fact that they renegotiated only indicated that he accurately perceived a higher value for his contract and played it smart. As a businessperson yourself, do you really find this lacking in honesty?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity, was that the source and information you were referring to?

I have several sources and I won't name any of them specifically. Needless to say I have verified everything I learn from more than one source...remember the whole "wait" thing I put up that you guys flipped out over?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Roogsy, you're okay with DeRo going on the trial with Celtic even if Toronto FC did not approve his trial request?

Because there is absolutely nothing to suggest that permission was granted. Absolutely nothing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    pookie it's time for you to make a video
    No new content for a sequel just yet

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Roogsy, you're okay with DeRo going on the trial with Celtic even if Toronto FC did not approve his trial request?

Because there is absolutely nothing to suggest that permission was granted. Absolutely nothing.
    No, I think he needed to have permission.

The fact that he requested the permission weeks ago and Earl said TFC did not know up until yesterday (and even today) should tell you how they're playing this.

DeRo is in Scotland because he received approval. He waited until he got it. The issue here is who gave it to him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is a fucking mess. Geez.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The fact that he requested the permission weeks ago and Earl said TFC did not know up until yesterday (and even today) should tell you how they're playing this.

this is worth reading again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The context is key. It wasn't "mid contract", it was "early contract"...this started before his first season was finished, as Dero went to the press with this first in September 2009.

I had never seen a pro athlete do this before (ie not even 1/4 of the way through a contract). In world football, these things happen all the time, but only in the last two years of a contract.

Because of the timing, it was definitely evidence of untrustworthiness. I suspect he would say he didn't start it.

So that makes both Dero and MLSE untrustworthy. What a surprise.
    And, it being a single-entity league, you have to throw MLS in here, too. When DeRo was "traded" to TFC he was mid-contract at Houston and by all accounts happy there. Then there was a long time between the trade being announced and DeRo signing with TFC - who all was involved in whatever was said then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet he got permission from JDG.

"yeah man go.......you making me look bad here anyway"

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[

That's ridiculous Pookie. Either TFC did or did not know DeRo wanted to trial at Celtic. There is no room for semantics here. They either mislead or Earl is incompetent. They were fully aware of what was being asked of them. If they said "no" then the answer to the media is "we are not inclined to allow him to train elsewhere". What they did was make Rollins look like a fool.
    These were the answers. This isn't a game of semantics.

"Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club”

... most likely said because they have him under contract and did not grant permission for him to go.

Call it a line in the sand or a public warning or whatever, the point is that they are factual in their statement and in their rights.

If DeRo/Agent choose to mis-represent approval to Celtic, well, good luck to them in parlaying that into a contract.

“We have not received word from anyone and expect him to be with TFC when training camp opens next month.”

... this interpretation is made more credible by the fact that MLS, whom have a vested interest/stake in player transfers, have also stated that they were "unaware" of any permission given to trial

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo is in Scotland because he received approval. He waited until he got it. The issue here is who gave it to him?
    It's really not that difficult to understand. Earl and TFC were likely not aware that DeRo was going to go on trial anyways without permission. It's a logical assumption that since you haven't granted someone permission to do something, they won't do it.

DeRo did not have permission, and he went anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidence, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy - I know for a FACT he did not have permission, if the request was placed or not I do not know. But TFC did not give him permission to trial with Celtic.

Also, the biggest problem with this whole situation is that he is not going make Celtic, Rangers or even Hearts (insert any European team here). He is not that good, he is the perfect MLS player and he makes more than the majority of players. So, by not having permission and having to come back to TFC what is he going to do?

If I am the FO, players I don't want this guy on my team. He went looking for work, not Celtic asking for him. He burnt the bridge and now his handlers are back pedaling. I guess we now need a thread to figure out he replace Dero as I can't see how TFC will take him back
    Last edited by Section 117; 12-28-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Roogsy - I know for a FACT he did not have permission, if the request was placed or not I do not know. But TFC did not give him permission to trial with Celtic.

Also, the biggest problem with this whole situation is that he is not going make, Celtic, Rangers or even Hearts. He is not the good, he is the perfect MLS player and he makes more than the majority of players. So, by not having permission and having to come back to TFC what is he going to do?

If I am the FO, players I don't want this guy on my team. He went looking for work, not Celtic asking for him. He burnt the bridge and now his handlers are back pedaling. I guess we now need a thread to figure out he replace Dero as I can't see how TFC will take him back
    I have confirmed that there was a trial request. I cannot confirm where the approval came from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Evidence, please.

Maybe we'll get a press conference like the famous one with Peddie lip synching the words as Cliff Fletcher spoke.

I'm starting to think this is a much more fun organization that it would be if it was really well-run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity, was that the source and information you were referring to?
    Toronto Star

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have confirmed that there was a trial request. I cannot confirm where the approval came from.
    Evidence of approval, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy look ait this way:

IF I ask my boss for time off, but if he doesn't say yes that doesn't mean I have the time off.

So by asking and not getting an answer and just going he or his handlers who ever fucked up royally. Now if it was his handlers then there might be a way to reconcile this, but if it was Dero's doing then he is SOL with out a paddle.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF I ask my boss for time off, but if he doesn't say yes that doesn't mean I have the time off.

So by asking and not getting an answer and just going he or his handlers who ever fucked up royally. Now if it was his handlers then there might be a way to reconcile this, but if it was Dero's doing then he is SOL with out a paddle.

If you asked them for time off from March first to the tenth, and they didn't reply when march first came around.... how would you feel?

(not saying that happened, but it seems close to it)

This club is so fucked up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whether it was or wasn't his handlers... man, I would love some handlers... the point is that when it comes to bringing information forward to the public... it HAS to be his handlers if you know what I'm saying.

There is no other way out of the corner he has painted himself into.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo can be accused of many things with his contract situation but "trustworthy" is not something I think can be called into question. Teams had the right to deny him renegotiation did they not? And the fact that they renegotiated only indicated that he accurately perceived a higher value for his contract and played it smart. As a businessperson yourself, do you really find this lacking in honesty?
    It is dishonorable to sign a long term contract, and publicly complain about the terms of that contract, within months of signing the contract.

It says you are not a man of your word. Dero would say MLSE didn't keep their word either, based on some sort of secret understanding he had with Mo. I get it. He felt screwed. Happens to lots of people in life. Probably a hundred people on this board got promised a raise or a promotion "next time" at some point, only to get dicked around.

But this stuff is never an excuse to let your teammates down, and make yourself the story in-season, in playoff races. He has done this twice now.

So yeah, based on the public record, I don't trust him. But their are no "white hats" here. It's a plague on both their houses.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-28-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    If you asked them for time off from March first to the tenth, and they didn't reply when march first came around.... how would you feel?
    I would understand that I would be expected to show up for work March 1st.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree.

This the problem I have with this whole situation. And you can back me up on this 117: TFC and MLS are a dysfunctional partnership. You know this. There are elements within TFC that don't even communicate among themselves, and then you have the added problems that there are elements in TFC that don't communicate with the league. So within that structure, of course you have instances of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I don't know who gave DeRo permission. It could be Jimmy. It could be Tom. It could be Jurgen. It could be someone at MLS. Or it could be his agent telling him "you got permission" when they didn't. I simply don't know. However, the story I am getting from the DeRo camp once I confirmed that he indeed provided TFC with a trial request was that he only left once he had approval. I can't speak to more than that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, or you can just quit. It sounds more and more like this is what's happening here

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you guys should take this post as truth. I can't say why because there could be jobs at stake, but that you should.

What you people should be questioning is who gave Dero permission. Could the MLS have over stepped TFC authority and given the ok? That's what I'm thinking.

Does the league really want a guy like Dero running around demanding DP money, then getting it? do you know what kind of president that would set for the rest of the league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkdale - that isn't the question how does he feel about not getting an answer.

The point is he did not have the go ahead from his bosses and he decided to go to Celtic on his own. He is breaching the conditions of his contract period. When Celtic finds out he didn't have permission they will have egg on their face an Dero has no chance of signing with them.... He then has to come back to TFC with tail between his legs and figure out what his next move is.

I think it is time to start a thread where in the world is Dero?