Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Yup. I agree.

But certain fans with an axe to grind want to keep pounding on this issue for no good reason.

The new management team appears to want De Rosario as part of their future plans. I'm happy with that.

But its a joke the way some people are looking for deeper meaning in De Rosario's comments in the hopes that they can continue to roast him.

It appears that some one in the FO fucked up but its De Rosario that is getting the ire of the fans.
    Even if you think the FO fucked up (which I do) how does that absolve DeRo of the ire of the fans?

DeRo brought the ire on himself with that cheque signing shit.

You want to forgive him for that? Fine.

I don't. Many others don't either.

The Celtic thing compounds the situation.

It's water under the bridge for some.

By the way....it's not a joke to look for "deeper meaning" when the questions and answers given and received are nothing but fluff.

There is deeper meaning. How to interpret it is up to the individual.

If you don't care about what DeRo has to say on the subject, that's fine.

Others do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Even if you think the FO fucked up (which I do) how does that absolve DeRo of the ire of the fans?
    The FO made De Rosario look bad. That's why.

They could have simply let De Rosario trial for Celtic and it would have been a foot note in TFC history.

Instead the way they handled it led fans to unfairly vilify De Rosario.

Its as if some vindictive dick in the FO wanted De Rosario to look bad.

The cheque signing is an entirely separate issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They could have simply let De Rosario trial for Celtic and it would have been a foot note in TFC history.
    ... except of course they couldn't just "let" it happen when there were no written "binding legal terms and conditions" of the trial. If the agent had written, binding legal terms and conditions, the trial wouldn't have stopped now would it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO made De Rosario look bad. That's why.

Instead the way they handled it led fans to unfairly vilify De Rosario.

Its as if some vindictive dick in the FO wanted De Rosario to look bad.

The cheque signing is an entirely separate issue.
    Maybe the FO thought it prudent to make him look bad. You know...tit for tat.

He shows up the FO in front of everyone and you want the club to play nice for him to go to Scotland.

Why?

I don't even care that he went to Celtic. He lost me at the cheque signing.

How you can say the two are seperate issues is beyond me. DeRo went to Celtic to try and gain leverage when it comes to his contract. The contract he complained about at the cheque signing. If Celtic decided that they wanted him (WHICH THEY DID NOT), you don't think he would have used that as ammo for the "negotiations".

Hate the FO as much as you want...but DeRo is to blame as well. He's not being wrongfully vilified by anyone.

Read those articles and his quotes and tell me you don't think he sounds like a douchebag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read those articles and his quotes and tell me you don't think he sounds like a douchebag.

He sounds like so many pro athletes. Some management are better at dealing with that kind of attitude than others. As people have said, he came in here with the attitude in place. From the day of the trade he held out and a couple of weeks went by before he signed. Some people have seen this coming since then, but for some reason not the FO of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    He sounds like so many pro athletes.
    Yeah he does.

Many pro athletes sound like douchebags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he does.

Many pro athletes sound like douchebags.
    Yeah, and movie stars and musicians and really anybody who has an agent and gets paid by short-term contract and has most of their earning years in a short period of time. It's a situation that breeds douchebags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and movie stars and musicians and really anybody who has an agent and gets paid by short-term contract and has most of their earning years in a short period of time. It's a situation that breeds douchebags.
    Yeah, especially when the value of their Human Capital depreciates at a rate 3 to 4 times faster than most human beings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, most of these people apparently represent their interests better in contract negotiations, than DeRo or his agent.

It takes a special agent to have an aging client who is worried about having a guaranteed contract, and then have him sign a four year contract with two unguaranteed years.

While I don't sympathize with DeRo's salary demands (or the way he has gone about trying to force TFC's hand), I can sympathize with his concerns about guaranteed money. Of course, my sympathy doesn't rewrite the terms of the man's contract - the one he signed, I assume, completely sober and after reading it at least once.

This whole situation just continues to baffle me.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens