Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    This is simply untrue - Cochrane responded to media questions about DeRo being out on trial. He said "no".

When it became evident he was in Scotland, he said there were talks about a loan/trial. He also remained true to the first question in that there was no permission given to the player trial.

Two different questions. There is no about face here.
    I initially thought the same thing, but if you examine Cochrane's initial response, it sounded like he was unaware of DeRo's intention to travel to Scotland at all. It sounds fishy to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I initially thought the same thing, but if you examine Cochrane's initial response, it sounded like he was unaware of DeRo's intention to travel to Scotland at all. It sounds fishy to me...
    Yes, he was unaware that DeRo intended to travel to scotland. He WAS aware that the player was interested in loan/trial arrangements.

I mean - you can't travel to Scotland unless you have permission right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Yes, he was unaware that DeRo intended to travel to scotland. He WAS aware that the player was interested in loan/trial arrangements.

I mean - you can't travel to Scotland unless you have permission right?
    This is semantics though, isn't it? The entire shitstorm could have been avoided if Cochrane's initial response indicated any knowledge of the situation whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This is semantics though, isn't it? The entire shitstorm could have been avoided if Cochrane's initial response indicated any knowledge of the situation whatsoever.
    Not really. It wouldn't be proper of Cochrane to publicly discuss what were up until then private discussions with the player and his agent.

He could have easily said "Yeah, we know he wants to trial elsewhere or go out on loan" but he didn't. IMO his was the proper response, even though he's now being made out by some to look like the fool.