RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Whole organization? No
    Everyone involved in the senior team? Yup

How does TFC benefit (in terms of on field product) by making the new guys keep Brennan, Dichio, Cochrane, Dasovic etc?

Grooming future gms and coaches? Let them learn the trade elsewhere.

I want no remnants of the clusterfuck that was TFC 2007-2010.

I dont care about fan faves or bullshit walls of honour.

How does keeping those guys make the team better?

They are leftovers of a losing culture.

Not to mention that their pressence allows shit disturber players an unhealthy outlet for their shit disturbing ways.

If there are shit disturbers in this squad i dont want them to have a support network. They have to answer to Winter and listen to winter.

Keeping buddies and ex teammates around is a recipe for disaster.
    clearly you're an expert, knowing exactly how much influence each of the back staff had on the team.

while we're at it, let's get rid of Frei, Attakora, Cann and whoever performed well enough, because they were part of the 'old regime'
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    clearly you're an expert, knowing exactly how much influence each of the back staff had on the team.

while we're at it, let's get rid of Frei, Attakora, Cann and whoever performed well enough, because they were part of the 'old regime'
    players and management are two very different things. TFC cleaned out much of the management but left behind apprentices for no good reason.

Give me some reasons why this team needs Brennan and Dichio and Dasovic bearing in mind that we have Winter, DeKlerk and Mariner.

The old bits are dead wood. They serve little purpose.

I await your expert analysis on the benefits of keeping them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players and management are two very different things. TFC cleaned out much of the management but left behind apprentices for no good reason.

Give me some reasons why this team needs Brennan and Dichio and Dasovic bearing in mind that we have Winter, DeKlerk and Mariner.

I'm hoping and assuming Winter has a free hand, and isn't being encumbered by Anselmi.

I'm sure over a bit of time, roles will be clearly defined, (they may already have been, for all we know) and yes, probably one or two will be gone.

On the other hand, no sense dropping everyone before he's had an opportunity to determine which guys he wants to work with going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'm hoping and assuming Winter has a free hand, and isn't being encumbered by Anselmi.

I'm sure over a bit of time, roles will be clearly defined, (they may already have been, for all we know) and yes, probably one or two will be gone.

On the other hand, no sense dropping everyone before he's had an opportunity to determine which guys he wants to work with going forward.
    This organization has a long history of behind the scenes power struggles - from above and below, lots of manouvering for favour and position, loyalties formed and so on. Nothing is ever straightforwad in that place and lots of very experienced guys have lost out. It would be great if TFC could get its management structure in order while it's still too small to really be pulled into the rest of the place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i misunderstood the initial post i quoted, thinking you wanted to get rid of everyone, incl players

anyways

there is a reason why every team keeps some of the old staff around. because the old staff knows the club structure, how things have been running, give feedback on current players, etc.
    or else you'd be throwing Winter and co into the deep end and tell them to start swimming

you don't know exactly what the job of each staff was, and whether they deserve to be fired or no. example. fire Mike Toshack? as far as we know, he's only involved in GK training, and arguably, GK has been TFC's strongest position every year.
    we don't know what Dichio does, but he seems to be more involved in TFC academy, and does some technical training with senior team. just how much input does he have on tactics? which I believe is done mostly by head coach and first assistant coach
    or the physio? fire him too?

point is, we don't know enough about each staff's job to evaluate whether each staff should be fired. all you have is that because they were part of previous regime, they should be fired. which is like some sort of Stalinist purge lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano