Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also the unbalanced schedule and the crazy MLS scheduling that make the SS not a fair representation of who wins the league. The playoff format is better imo, although still not ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's also the unbalanced schedule and the crazy MLS scheduling that make the SS not a fair representation of who wins the league. The playoff format is better imo, although still not ideal.
    Yep this is my biggest issue with SS. Forget Pro/Rel talks how about the league figures out a balanced schedule. I know travel is a major issue but would like to see a change. I guess the salary cap and general parity between the cubs in theory mitigates this it,
    but it's not the same as knowing you face every team home and away.

Hopefully once league expansion stops the schedule will transition into an even one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Yep this is my biggest issue with SS. Forget Pro/Rel talks how about the league figures out a balanced schedule. I know travel is a major issue but would like to see a change. I guess the salary cap and general parity between the cubs in theory mitigates this it,
    but it's not the same as knowing you face every team home and away.

Hopefully once league expansion stops the schedule will transition into an even one.
    Due to the weather, the league is stuck on Mar to Oct regular season and Nov to mid Dec playoffs. With expansion, I see league leaning more towards playing teams in the conference once every 2 years from current once a year format in the future.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I see this brought up I can't help but think that one is not really more accurate than another. OK so we play home and away, but the outside variables won't ever match. Time of year, weather, time of day, potential injuries/who is available etc. You know what I mean? From a simulation standpoint, home and away doesn't make it more accurate in determining overall greatness over the course of a season. Especially since who the 'good' teams are change year to year in MLS. I mean look at LAG? Hell look at us now versus the majority of our history. I understand the reason for wanting a balanced schedule, but it still doesn't really sway me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally, our record against the West is 5-1-3 for a 2.0 points per game average.

We have beaten up on the West just as much as the East.

Unbalanced or no as far as fixtures are concerned, this team, should it win the SS, can rightfully claim that they were the best team in the league and the apologists for the West can go pound sand.