Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    He was never on the "squad" he was training with the squad... there is a huge difference...

They pulled him off the training grounds because they want the proper paperwork in place to have him trail with the club....
    Is that not enough proof that Mero didn't have the proper paper work to train with the squad? This what I meant sorry he is not part of teh squad but when you go on trial or train you are with the sqaud. Thanks for splitting hairs

So I guess the 2 bit newspaper was wrong? So WTF is the difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest bullshit part of this story is the notion that Dero might just be training with Celtic and not on trial. Give me a break, do you think Neil Lennon is going to allow some guy who he has never even heard of just show up for a weeks training so he can get in shape for the MLS season. He was told be someone that Dero would be worth looking at and as such took a chance and gave him a trial. Dero's agent stating that Dero is not on trial was supposed to imply that he was already too good of a player to have to trial. Well guess what, Freddie Lundburg still has to trial and he has already proven experience in a higher league than the SPL. Dero is on trial that there can be no doubt. The paperwork issue, well that is an entirely different story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Parky, you are wrong on this one. TFC did nothing wrong period. This is all Dero's doing period

Why plaster this everywhere?

You can believe that Dero's a prat, and still may find that the blame ultimately lies with TFC/MLS.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading most of the posts on this subject the past few days - People's opinions on this matter were already decided. If you hated MLSE, you still hate MLSE. If you hated DeRo, you hate Dwayne more now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    After reading most of the posts on this subject the past few days - People's opinions on this matter were already decided. If you hated MLSE, you still hate MLSE. If you hated DeRo, you hate Dwayne more now.
    can we have a disappointed in both category for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh fuck this made me laugh.
    it's so true. here comes the sig!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what if you already disliked MLSE and Dero?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hmmm...that's a good question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it means you've been paying attention for the past six months.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times as supporters do we give Dero the benifit of the doubt?

Remeber what happened with him in Houston?

Remember what happened in the most important game of the year for us with the cheque writing display?

And now this? No paperwork, a trip to a club to try and get out of a contract that he is complaining about?

Is TFC a mess right now? Yup

Does this show leadership and the right course of action from our captain?

I don't like this one bit and feel that we are seeing the selfish side of a player that is throwing the entire team under the bus for his own advancement.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but what if you hate gates! (and hate backwaters?)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    but what if you hate gates! (and hate backwaters?)
    I am badge first, gates second.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well any chance of DeRo playing at Celtic will all become a mute point if this rumour is true ..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle659025.html

rumour is they are after Stephen Ireland & Richard Dunne from Villa ... if that happened there would be no spot him on their squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why plaster this everywhere?

You can believe that Dero's a prat, and still may find that the blame ultimately lies with TFC/MLS.
    I was responding to Parkdales' comment.

You think this is all TFC's fault so really WTF do you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying you want to do something and actually getting the proper documentation is two completely different things.

Dero's agent was told bring us the paper work and they will deal with it. A month went by and nothing was given to Earl stating he was going and proper paper work was in palce. Hence a dead issue in the eyes of Earl. WTF people am I the only one that sees this ?
    No you are not. I agree with you. But I frankly could give two shits about Dero now, I am concerned about my club. And this situation just highlights that we are still in trouble as an organization, have yet to hire the right people and still a long way away from being a world class team and organization...but I dont disagree...this particular situation is Dero's fault and doing...he is a desperate man and is getting bad advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was responding to Parkdales' comment.

You think this is all TFC's fault so really WTF do you want.
    My bad. Thought this was a discussion board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is clear that the onus to provide the necessary paperwork rests with DeRo's representative. DeRo was probably assured by his agent that by going to "train" with Celtic as opposed to an official "trial", he would not be violating the terms of his contract. Since the discussion had already been initiated with Cochrane and Cochrane agreed pending the receipt of proper documentation, DeRo's agent felt comfortable telling Celtic that permission was granted to train with the club.

Cochrane is not at fault in this case. I don't believe DeRo intentionally tried to violate the terms of his contract either. DeRo jumped at the opportunity to impress a storied football club in Europe while his agent thought he could circumvent FIFA regulations by referring to it as training stint instead of a trial. It was a miscalculation on the part of DeRo's agent and he is primarily responsible for this entire fiasco...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    well any chance of DeRo playing at Celtic will all become a mute point if this rumour is true ..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle659025.html

rumour is they are after Stephen Ireland & Richard Dunne from Villa ... if that happened there would be no spot him on their squad
    I think its safe to say Celtic will not find a spot for him. He will be back in MLS under a non DP contract living in the US, paying less taxes but making less money and he will be $0 ahead. People like him are not meant to make money.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I'm used to people not agreeing with me (or with anyone on this board) but I think that the underlying issue is very clear - our management isn't doing things correctly, and if they were, this wouldn't be the blowup issue that it has become.
    I don't know if I totally agree with that

DeRo's contract is entirely MO's mess. He promised Dero the world to get him to Toronto. He told him that he would be the DP of the club. Don't forget that Dero's first contract dispute with TFC took place before he had even donned the red jersey.

I don't blame Earl or TFC for telling Dero they don't think he's worth the treasure chest that Mo promised him.

I said yesterday that this looked like TFC were out to make Dero look like the bad guy, but I don't know if anyone is the bad guy here.

TFC is sticking to their guns on the contract (which I agree with)
    Dero is looking for a better opportunity (which I don't blame him for)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy should avoid this thread like a plague for the remainder of its lifespan for the BS he was spewing yesterday.

Chevy astutely called him out on his "sources" and it turns out there was absolutley no truth to anything that his "sources" were claiming. Here are the facts:

1. There was no agreement in place for Dero to trial with Celtic
    2. Dero did not receive permission from Toronto FC or MLS to trial with Celtic
    3. Nobody from MLS or TFC spoke to anyone from Celtic until after the training session yesterday
    4. Dero/management made the decision to trial without consent and tried to spin it as "informal training" once the backlash started and it became clear that he was in the wrong

"Source" this, "unconfirmed report" that, give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if De Ro doesn't stick with Celtic, he's probably got other irons in the fire, maybe other SPL or Championship teams would take a look at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. Thought this was a discussion board.
    Honestly really, there is overwhelming evidence that Dero had no paper work and yet it is still TFC fault in yor eyes.

What is it you are looking for exactly? Do I think TFC was mismanged for the last 4 years? yes. Did they fuck up? yes. Is Mo gone? yes. So really until Earl and the rest of the staff are told they are no longer required they have my support until they fuck up period.

I know this is not the popular sentiment with fans, but I am familar with what goes down at BMO. I belive they can succed with who they have because we aren't going to get a messiah as a coach so the devil we know is better than the devil we don't know IMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I think if De Ro doesn't stick with Celtic, he's probably got other irons in the fire, maybe other SPL or Championship teams would take a look at him.
    After this, would they want the drama though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After this, would they want the drama though?
    I think most of the drama's on our end, maybe even just this board. Sounds like Celtic had to answer a few phone calls. I bet they've got someone on staff for that.

I get the feeling De Ro's done with TFC. Maybe a move within the league makes more sense, in that no team in Europe will want to pay a fee for him and in a trade TFC would get something in return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    Roogsy should avoid this thread like a plague for the remainder of its lifespan for the BS he was spewing yesterday.

Chevy astutely called him out on his "sources" and it turns out there was absolutley no truth to anything that his "sources" were claiming. Here are the facts:

1. There was no agreement in place for Dero to trial with Celtic
    2. Dero did not receive permission from Toronto FC or MLS to trial with Celtic
    3. Nobody from MLS or TFC spoke to anyone from Celtic until after the training session yesterday
    4. Dero/management made the decision to trial without consent and tried to spin it as "informal training" once the backlash started and it became clear that he was in the wrong

"Source" this, "unconfirmed report" that, give me a break.
    I cant speak to the Roogsy stuff...BUT I am expecting breaking news from Derosario DJ services shortly (Dero's other brother) and maybe a special offer for TFC fans only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true, I've been in Dero's corner until yesterday with regard to paying him what he was promised. Now the sooner we get shot of him the better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly really, there is overwhelming evidence that Dero had no paper work and yet it is still TFC fault in yor eyes.

What is it you are looking for exactly?
    I don't find there to be any evidence really, that supports one position or the other.

This is "evidence": the fact that Cochrane's story was proved to be so lame, so fast, is pretty worrying.

This is not "evidence": I don't think Cochrane is remotely qualified for the job. I think this whole episode shows the regard that people, in places like the league office, have for him. I think Cochrane's there is because Anselmi is "comfortable" with him, which worries me a lot.

But it's a free country. If you're fine with it, you are welcome to your view.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Earl & Co. are looking for a replacement for DeRo as we speak because lets face it, he's gone one way or another.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple fact:

Dero's reputation is bad, MLSE's reputation is worse.

that's why this is such a touchy issue, and it's hard to strongly backup one of the other.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    No you are not. I agree with you. But I frankly could give two shits about Dero now, I am concerned about my club. And this situation just highlights that we are still in trouble as an organization, have yet to hire the right people and still a long way away from being a world class team and organization...but I dont disagree...this particular situation is Dero's fault and doing...he is a desperate man and is getting bad advice.
    Yes, this is it. DeRo is desperate and getting bad advice and TFC is poorly run - they're really made for each other at the moment.

What we've just seen is EXACTLY the kind of thing we saw for the first four years of this team. Right now it looks like nothing has changed at all.

We were at least hoping that the organization had, as they said, "learned" something and maybe they wouldn't be so petty. How is what the team is doing now going to help it get better?

DeRo, no matter what happens, will be gone at some point. Just like Mo is gone, just like at some point Cochrane will be gone - but the team (we hope) will still be here. The team needs to be the "bigger man," and straighten this shit out, not make it worse.