Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And I think the silence is what's remarkable. I am not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I'm more along this line of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That is called appeal to belief and it's a logical fallacy. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the fact that many people believe a claim does not, in general, serve as evidence that the claim is true.
    Sorry Roogs Help me out. Are you trying to prove that the silence on this sensitive subject is not remarkable?

I'm not sure why you'd want to prove that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the silence on this whole matter is a result of some contract renegotiations taking place I'll be very upset.

Why reward piss poor behaviour?

The minute the cheque signing happened any contract re-working would have been out the window in my mind.

If that means he walks...then he walks.

Otherwise you set a nasty precedent.

"Think you're worth more than you've already committed to? Act like an asshole and we'll reward you....behind closed doors of course."

If they give him a pay raise and pretend like nothing happened I'll be very pissed off.

The only way to amicably resolve this would be BOTH SIDES coming out and clearing the air. That's the only way to put this shit behind them.

Anything less will be seen by the supporters as having left us in the dark in order to pull one over on us....whether it's true or not is not important.

Bad optics.

PS.....either way....if DeRo is still captain he'll hear it from me every game until he starts behaving like a captain.

Fuck I wish this wasn't the main story surrounding this team right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Sorry Roogs Help me out. Are you trying to prove that the silence on this sensitive subject is not remarkable?

I'm not sure why you'd want to prove that.

Silence on a sensitive subject is in fact the norm yes. In fact, your demand of a lack of silence over this is in stark contrast to your wish that DeRo would have been silent in the first place. Your position is somewhat contradictory.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silence on a sensitive subject is in fact the norm yes. In fact, your demand of a lack of silence over this is in stark contrast to your wish that DeRo would have been silent in the first place. Your position is somewhat contradictory.

I believe the expression is 'He let the genie out of the bottle'.

There is a time to speak, and a time for silence. DeRo should have been quiet then, but could be vocal (dare I say apologetic?) now
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I believe the expression is 'He let the genie out of the bottle'.

There is a time to speak, and a time for silence. DeRo should have been quiet then, but could be vocal (dare I say apologetic?) now

Clichés are nice but they are rarely practical. Yes he started something with his actions...or perhaps it can be argued TFC started something when they upset their top player in the first place through their tactics. The point is you if you believe silence is the best policy, then it should apply at any point or if you want all information to be public, then DeRo's public position on his contract should not have bothered you in the first place. You can't pick and choose. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now as for a "time to speak"...when exactly would that have been?

As for being public now...I in fact think his silence now is the right move he is making (finally). And I think it's silly for people to demand him to be vocal now when it is probably the most damaging time of all. If in fact him and the team are in the middle of mending the relationship, fanning the flames is not going to help anyone and that is a high price to pay for our curiosity. You'd think people around here would understand that if there will be fence-mending, it will be a process. A process we will not be privy to.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 01-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clichés are nice but they are rarely practical. Yes he started something with his actions...or perhaps it can be argued TFC started something when they upset their top player in the first place through their tactics. The point is you if you believe silence is the best policy, then it should apply at any point or if you want all information to be public, then DeRo's public position on his contract should not have bothered you in the first place. You can't pick and choose. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now as for a "time to speak"...when exactly would that have been?
    Clichés are nice but they are rarely practical.

the issue isn't 'silence is the best policy'.

the issue is that he did something stupid (check signing) and then apologized for it
    now he's done something that could have gone down even worse, and there's no statement.

no one is asking him not to talk, they just want to make sure if his mouth is open, he's not putting his foot in it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    the issue isn't 'silence is the best policy'.

the issue is that he did something stupid (check signing) and then apologized for it
    now he's done something that could have gone down even worse, and there's no statement.

no one is asking him not to talk, they just want to make sure if his mouth is open, he's not putting his foot in it.
    LMAO....

I don't need to be kept appraised of everything going forward, I just want to know his version of the events last month, from his mouth.