Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
We don't have an accurate gauge of locker room morale either way. I like your positivity assuming since no players said anything bad about DeRo or how he influences the room it can't be bad but I think this is more a glaring omission. What better time to come forward as a team mate and vouch for your captain than when his rep is in the shitter?
I'm more along this line of thinking.

In regards to locker room unrest.

Players don't normally call out other players and say "player x is a cancer in the locker room". As a teammate you don't do that. However, on the flipside, I've never seen any glowing comments about DeRo from his teammates.

What do I mean? Here's an example. (yes, yes, yes, it's a hockey example, but it's something recent that I just saw the other day).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...Latest+News%29

“He’s kind of like the ‘Dad’ around here,” defenceman Luke Schenn said. “I don’t know how to explain it. He’s one of the more mature guys.”
“He’s the father figure for sure,” said netminder Jean-Sébastien Giguère, who played four seasons with Beauchemin in Anaheim. “He takes care of everything. If you show up late, he’ll always be in your face, he’ll be the one giving you a fine and stuff like that.
“It’s good. We need some accountability and he’s the one that makes sure that happens.”

I've never heard any TFC players talking about DeRo like that, especially along the lines of the last line. "We need some accountability and he's the one that makes sure that happens."

As from the silence from both camps, TFC has released press releases and such. I believe the onus is on DeRo to "explain himself" so to speak. Other than finding out who the "higher up" from TFC that gave permission to DeRo, TFC has been forthright and consistent in their message.