Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
Yes. And the reason I keep coming back to permission is because it's really the only thing in this mess that's important to the team going forward. When agents negotiate with TFC the issue of their players being able to trial with bigger teams will be important. There was no good reason to deny DeRo a trial with Celtic and yet TFC made it an issue.

So now, agents will likely only talk to TFC about very short-term contracts that will be very easy to get out of and that's not the best way forward in team building.

We're seeing it already with Attakora. With six months left on his contract before he can negotiate with another team TFC approached him about an extension of four years and his agent said no. Maybe two years. And likely with no option years as DeRo signed.
I don't know about that BR. It's a clean slate with the new regime and I'm sure prospective players and their agents will judge the organization based on their actions moving forward as opposed to holding Winter and Mariner accountable for the mistakes of the past.

As for Attakora, he probably doesn't want to lock himself into a long term deal and put a ceiling on his earning potential. If he elevates his play in the next couple of years, it allows him the flexibility to negotiate a more lucrative contract as opposed to going through DeRo's experience...