Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality is that neither TFC or DeRo will stand to benefit anything from the truth coming out if he remains with the club, which appears likely at this point. Whether it's right or wrong from a media/supporter standpoint, it is probably in the best interest of the club for management and DeRo to present a unified front and let this issue fade into the background.

Once again though, if we never discover the truth, I don't think DeRo should be villified because liability clearly rests with either his agent or a representative of the interim front office...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The reality is that neither TFC or DeRo will stand to benefit anything from the truth coming out if he remains with the club, which appears likely at this point. Whether it's right or wrong from a media/supporter standpoint, it is probably in the best interest of the club for mangement and DeRo to present a unified front and let this issue fade into the background.

Once again though, if we never discover the truth, I don't think DeRo should be villified because liability cleraly rests with either his agent or a representative of the interim front office...
    But I thought the whole thrust of this thread from the DeRo supporters is that he didn't do anything wrong?

I have no issue saying both were wrong in Trial-gate. Yet there are those who insist that DeRo didn't do anything wrong.

And DeRo's agent is his rep. And if his agent fucked up - much like I say if a TFC FO member fucked up and should be fired - if I was DeRo I would fire his ass.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    But I thought the whole thrust of this thread from the DeRo supporters is that he didn't do anything wrong?

I have no issue saying both were wrong in Trial-gate. Yet there are those who insist that DeRo didn't do anything wrong.

And DeRo's agent is his rep. And if his agent fucked up - much like I say if a TFC FO member fucked up and should be fired - if I was DeRo I would fire his ass.
    Supporter. I count one. Supporter.

I agree with everything else Whoop.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's agent is his rep. And if his agent fucked up - much like I say if a TFC FO member fucked up and should be fired - if I was DeRo I would fire his ass.
    No argument there, but neither scenario is likely to happen. The fiasco didn't happen under Winter's watch so the front office will remain intact, and DeRo just hired his agent last year if I'm not mistaken...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you think Dero did nothing wrong in trial-gate, but you're not a Dero supporter?

Carry on to 100 pages.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What if you think Dero did nothing wrong in trial-gate, but you're not a Dero supporter?

Then you have people on "your" side for a different reason. Celebrate.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carry on to 100 pages.

You should immediately be named Arbitrator for Life for all debates related to DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carry on to 100 pages.
    A hundred here we come.

And that's a good question. With this new management it looked like it was finally time for TFC 2.0 but if they say they are determined to keep him as "captain and leader" it's a little worrisome. Not because of "trial-gate" (I also don't think DeRo did anything wrong) but just because his style of play might be more suited for an older version of MLS. And as Pookie says, there's the whole age thing....

How this plays out could be very telling for how the team is going to be run going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    A hundred here we come.

And that's a good question. With this new management it looked like it was finally time for TFC 2.0 but if they say they are determined to keep him as "captain and leader" it's a little worrisome. Not because of "trial-gate" (I also don't think DeRo did anything wrong) but just because his style of play might be more suited for an older version of MLS. And as Pookie says, there's the whole age thing....

How this plays out could be very telling for how the team is going to be run going forward.
    Well, consider that the new management regime is not necessarily walking into this situation blindfolded. As a former assistant manager of the New England Revolution for several years, Paul Mariner should be familiar enough with DeRo's abilities to determine whether or not he has the required skill set to play Aron Winter's preferred style of football. DeRo has played like a loose cannon at times over his career but if he is utilized as an attacking forward in a 4-3-3 formation, he could very well fit in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    A hundred here we come.

If he sticks to tactical assignments defensively, a "total football" based 4-3-3- would actually totally suit DeRo's style, because it allows massively more flexibilty when moving offensively by having other players recognize and fill gaps in the team shape.

Consequently, when DeRo runs off on his own -- which, selfish or not, does produce goals at a fair clip -- under a 433 TF system, we won't be nearly as exposed to counterattack, while still taking advantage of our offensive weapons.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Consequently, when DeRo runs off on his own -- which, selfish or not, does produce goals at a fair clip -- under a 433 TF system, we won't be nearly as exposed to counterattack, while still taking advantage of our offensive weapons.
    The problem comes when it's DeRo who has to cover so Santos can score.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The problem comes when it's DeRo who has to cover so Santos can score.
    Total football doesn't work unless players cover for one another, period. The system will just break down if players play selfishly and even the most stubborn among is going to realize that really, really quickly.

When forced to play as a two-way mid at HOuston, DeRo adapted. He had Stuart Holden next to him, mind you, which makes things a little easier, and his goal count went down to six. But his assists went up. So it is possible to rein him in.