Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
These "several teams you know of" are they liking him on their roster as a DP or at his current contract.

Count me in as one of those that would like him at his current contract. Count me out if we have to risk the DP slot on him.

If you are speaking openly about teams having interest in him as a DP, I'd be very curious to see your definition of "several"

Only LA, Seattle, Toronto, Chicago, Real Salt Lake, KC, DC and NY currently make use of the DP slot. 8 teams.

Exclude Toronto and we are down to 7. LA and Seattle already have 3 DPs. Down to 5 now.

You'd really have to wonder whether KC would ever pony up the cash for 2. Down to 4?

There are so many variations of DPs and non-DP plus allocation and contract extensions at max salaries etc etc that you picking out a single possible way to renegotiate DeRo's contract is short-sighted. Interest from other teams does not necessarily mean they don't have options themselves on how to settle the DeRo situation. And that isn't even considering the teams that may want to use their DP slot which unless you can prove there are NO DP slots left in MLS, really leaves a multitude of options for everyone to consider. Just because you wouldn't pay for DeRo does not mean others won't. They are not as emotionally "scarred" by his actions as you seem to be so they will likely make a decision based on objective points of view instead of emotional reactions.

So if Toronto does not want to keep him, they really don't have to.