Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Barbarez

The kid is 14 and hes got the whole Norw. police force on his back....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Nothing on Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson

At the concert in Oxford I was at, he didn't say shit, he just dragged the guy up onto the stage, twatted him with the microphone stand twice across the legs then kicked him up the arse as security was dragging him away (to safety)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Tor View Post
    I know we can't, but here is an ideal way to deal with a bottle thrower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tCV3ItTr0
    That was awesome!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah

Josh Homme always calls out douchebags throwing shit from the crowd.

On QOTSA's live album he stops the show, points out the guy who was throwing shit and tells everyone to say 'hey asshole' or something along those lines for the rest of the show.

Anyone here in favour of throwing shit please go tell Josh Homme your thoughts on the issue. He will set you straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have loved to see the next song in that set. Homme was fired up, I'll bet he killed it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of these days when we see someone throw someting at an opposing player he should through that person right over the stands and out to the street!
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we gonna ban the sky from BMO? That was some crazy hail. That could SERIOUSLY hurt players and staff. Streamers look tame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    because of twats like you who throw things. if you can't control your 'urge', don't go to games.
    Kdot is a rock in 112. We in 112 have one of the tightest sections in the ground and that is because we DO have the numbers in there to self police. Away games are a nother story. We are not there to make nice, we support our lads in a hostile place.
    Football is a dirty,messy and sweaty business, when our boys score I get water and beer over me, people jumping on my back my feet stomped on flag poles up against my head and people screaming in my face and I would have it no other way. But NOTHING goes on the pitch. If that is not your style get to the side-lines.
    Lets not all freak out about phantom punishment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCTV in the UK has weeded out a lot of thugs. They focus in, find the person and get them out. That person is then(depending on the severity) banned form travelling to away games abroad and for the most part, banned from the Stadium.

CCTV works.
    Englands hoolignism problems have gone way down. You wont eradicate it but England is an example to those countries who wont even admit they have problems....Italy etc.

CCTV would work here and if it got rid of those douchebags who think its ok to throw shit on the field or at players. It's wrong and dangerous and just you wait, as soon as one player gets hit...the League's fucking fury will come down on us and you muppets (who throw shit...or think its ok to throw shit) will be the first fuckers in-line complaining that we just had our points deducted or that Montreal/Vancouver just got into Champions League instead of us as punishment.
    Grow the fuck up-Stop throwing shit.

You wanna throw bottles, go to a fucking Jays game!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we can't, but here is an ideal way to deal with a bottle thrower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tCV3ItTr0
    I think I've seen that kid at a couple TFC games!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    CCTV in the UK has weeded out a lot of thugs. They focus in, find the person and get them out. That person is then(depending on the severity) banned form travelling to away games abroad and for the most part, banned from the Stadium.
    And this Reduces the need to have Cops standing in the aisles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If CCTV means less cops in the stands...then I am all for CCTV.

But if it doesn't...then not so much.

But I really wouldn't care...I don't do anything that I would be scared of CCTV. Maybe those that don't want it are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Blizzard, they should be banned for life?

What if someone is "caught" throwing a bottle, banned for life and it comes out they didn't throw it.
    It depends on the gravity of the offence .... and obviously there has to be some sort of proof ie a police or security witness or CCTV. If it comes out they didn't throw it, obviously the ban would have to be rescinded.

If a keeper gets hit in the head with a beer can and there is a witness, ya, life would be appropriate.

I support CCTV for the above reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I posted this clip, but if you watch it over again you really have to wonder if it is a setup.

He calls the guy out but then does fuck all once the kid gets near stage.

It's almost like he is just making sure nobody throws shit at him.

Anybody else think it could possibly be a stage act?

Still, if it's not, so be it.

And, fuck any prick that throws shit on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I posted this clip, but if you watch it over again you really have to wonder if it is a setup.

He calls the guy out but then does fuck all once the kid gets near stage.

It's almost like he is just making sure nobody throws shit at him.

Anybody else think it could possibly be a stage act?

Still, if it's not, so be it.

And, fuck any prick that throws shit on the field
    He threw a water bottle at him. But yeah, that is almost the same as doing fuck all. If you are going to talk that much shit to a 14 year old kid, atleast do something worth mentioning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a better idea. You all put on security uniforms, guard the stairs, the entrances, patrol the sections, check tickets, make sure everyone is where there suppose to be, wear whistles around your neck and when you see trouble blow them and make a lot of noise and point out the trouble makers...
    Or just watch the game and let the cops do their job. Thats what they get payed for.
    And i agree, we need CCTV to watch us. Were causing riots in the stands, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post

CCTV works.
    Englands hoolignism problems have gone way down. You wont eradicate it but England is an example to those countries who wont even admit they have problems....Italy etc.

CCTV would work here and if it got rid of those douchebags who think its ok to throw shit on the field or at players. It's wrong and dangerous and just you wait, as soon as one player gets hit...the League's fucking fury will come down on us and you muppets (who throw shit...or think its ok to throw shit) will be the first fuckers in-line complaining that we just had our points deducted or that Montreal/Vancouver just got into Champions League instead of us as punishment.
    Grow the fuck up-Stop throwing shit.

You wanna throw bottles, go to a fucking Jays game!!!!
    Lets all keep in mind that we are talking about the MLS. I have not seen anything close here to the problems that England Italy the rest of Europe or S.A. have had. Very few problems in the stands, no pitched battles with away supporters outside the ground.
    This issue with debris thrown on the pitch can be handled before we resort to a big step in security like CCTV. I would rather a small step like a beer ban in the stands and have all beer drank in the concourse. Nothing has to be done at all if this can be cut out, it's not like it's every game and a constant flood of shit the whole game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the cctv didn't go over so well i take it? LOL
    but the reality is the whole "we should point the guy out" theory? lemme ask, how many have been pointed out given this has gone on for more than one game? i haven't seen any, and i've got a great vantage point from 110!!
    So given CCTV is out, and pointing out people CLEARLY isn't working, what's the middle ground? a net? god forbid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it. The guy's a notorious arrogant prick. If it were staged I doubt they would "cast" a little kid like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    I doubt it. The guy's a notorious arrogant prick. If it were staged I doubt they would "cast" a little kid like that.
    Probably right mate

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya it wasnt staged. Homme just hates having shit thrown at his band.

He would face a whole whack of charges if he actually hit the kid.

Much like Akon the singer was charged when he gave some guy a body slam wrestling move thing off the stage at some concert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameboys View Post
    Heres a better idea. You all put on security uniforms, guard the stairs, the entrances, patrol the sections, check tickets, make sure everyone is where there suppose to be, wear whistles around your neck and when you see trouble blow them and make a lot of noise and point out the trouble makers...
    Or just watch the game and let the cops do their job. Thats what they get payed for.
    And i agree, we need CCTV to watch us. Were causing riots in the stands, LOL.
    apparantly thats what some people in this thread would like us to do.

if somebody throws a beer... oh well. theres nothing i can do to stop it and quite frankly im watching the play on the field.

why let it spoil a great day?

i agree with a lot of you. and if i could wave a magic wand and have no debris thrown on the field i would do it. but it's impossible.

after every amazing home game it just blows me away that people would rather bitch and moan rather than talk about the game!

Kenny B. seems to be multiplying.
    Last edited by Brooker; 06-17-2008 at 01:38 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread has covered all the possible angles.

Anything from here would just be going in circles.

moving on to higher ground....
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\