Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We never changed everything all at once and started from scratch yet. We always had either a bad president, bad manager, or bad contracts lingering. That's why things never work. We keep at least some of the dead weight every single time. Some by choice, some by folly.
    there's no evidence that hernandez is deadweight.

in fact everything he's done so far has been financially prudent and done to give us maximum cap flexibility. he's also moved on quite a few of the bob bradley and actually got stuff back (hedges, MAK).

every bad contract we currently have is a remnant of the bradley era.

i've been pretty impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    there's no evidence that hernandez is deadweight.

in fact everything he's done so far has been financially prudent and done to give us maximum cap flexibility. he's also moved on quite a few of the bob bradley and actually got stuff back (hedges, MAK).

every bad contract we currently have is a remnant of the bradley era.

i've been pretty impressed.
    Isn’t cash under contract for several years? I think you file that under failed transfers (to say the least)

Re: why lock it down now and not allow then any income moves? It’s not their projec, they have no mandate with Manning gone. The calculated thing to do here is take a pause.

Otherwise they might be just as tempted to gamble to save their jobs as anyone else would be under this scenario.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-11-2024 at 03:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We never changed everything all at once and started from scratch yet....
    Mostly because doing that never works

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Isn’t cash under contract for several years? I think you file that under failed transfers (to say the least)

Re: why lock it down now and not allow then any income moves? It’s not their projec, they have no mandate with Manning gone. The calculated thing to do here is take a pause.

Otherwise they might be just as tempted to gamble to save their jobs as anyone else would be under this scenario.
    manning was very likely on the way out anyways, the hiring of rubio and others was already replacing some of his job.

none of the signings this year were his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manning was very likely on the way out anyways, the hiring of rubio and others was already replacing some of his job.

But it sort of backs into the same issue we ran into back then. Basically trying to solve for a problem that’s unknowable at this stage.

I don’t really care to see Hernandez stick around. Nothing against him personally but his professional credentials and experience are weak and track record is unproven. If he wants to jump straight onto a GM gig he should do it in Colorado, Dallas, or some other low-budget market who would typically have to look to less experienced people.

Realistically whoever Pelley hires is going to do their own assessment but I would bet JH probably isn’t GM in one years time and Herdman may or may not be the coach. That’s just the way it is. No way a new guy comes in and uses all of someone else’s people in key roles.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-11-2024 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

way too early to say this.
    No it isn’t - Herdman’s strength was supposed to be his ability to motivate - does the current group look motivated?. Maybe it works in small doses like with the CMNT but day to day every day it seems to have already hit it’s best before date.

Also with the CMNT the current use of subs is far better than when Herdman was in charge. Bill Manning brought him in as a saviour when he was on the outs with the national program - Herdman needed TFC - it was the lazy hire

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    No it isn’t - Herdman’s strength was supposed to be his ability to motivate - does the current group look motivated?. Maybe it works in small doses like with the CMNT but day to day every day it seems to have already hit it’s best before date.

Also with the CMNT the current use of subs is far better than when Herdman was in charge. Bill Manning brought him in as a saviour when he was on the outs with the national program - Herdman needed TFC - it was the lazy hire
    It is way way too early.

This us the sort of short term thinking that will keep us in this horrible cycle forever.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 07-11-2024 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The turn around Herdman has gotten with Berna is enough justification to give him a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note on this IIRC, when they fired Kevin Payne there were hires that were made slightly before that were immediately shown the door. If they feel a cultural change is needed, I don’t think they will be shy about clearing certain people out, regardless of tenor.

It will never happen but I’d love to see Leiweke back. Someone with a big vision and brings a swagger to the team. Sadly, I’m expecting someone with a more corporate personality.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The turn around Herdman has gotten with Berna is enough justification to give him a chance.
    Agree.

Also he was getting results before this already poor squad was down 5+ starters a game in the last month..

Most these guys have failed under 3 coaches, a clear out is needed (and likely over next 2-3 windows).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just heard the news. It looks like Manning ran out of coattails to ride.

My worry is that MLSE is still in charge and they'll make another poor choice. Say, Berhalter as President.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The jury is very much out on the rest of the current regime, but today is a good day for the club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post

This was the last post before the firing. Obviously they listened to reggie.

Thanks reggie!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Look, I think BM needs to go at the end of the season - I just don't think its going to happen for another year.
    Hat tip - this post- from pg 1 of this thread- was made exactly a year ago! Take a bow, Og
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More then me...read that first page and a lot of good takes all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manning was very likely on the way out anyways, the hiring of rubio and others was already replacing some of his job. none of the signings this year were his.
    My go to corporate GF quote… “Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger”. IMO, Pelley’s firing of Manning was a Bread & Circuses moment; regardless of how justifiable. A convenient time buying sacrificial lamb offered on the football alter to the TFC supporter lions; a little earlier than expected. Perhaps, it demonstrates TFC/MLSE’s resolve and willingness to still pay to get rid of a people problem. Despite the statement the club released, I suspect there are several President candidates available during this window period worthy of consideration and selection. I would not be surprised if Manning’s position is filled by the time the MLS summer window closes. Someone like Corey Wray would have been interesting; has seen it all.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-11-2024 at 11:37 PM.