0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 24 - Philly @ TFC Saturday July 13 7:3pm - You know baby,

I've trying to find out

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watched curtins pre game conference...mcglynn and harriel are gone to the olympics but theyll have uhre and bueno back and are trying to get blake and martinez back for this one also...they have a better away record than at home and they average 2 goals scored per game on the road...theyre going all out for the win to get their season back on track and make playoffs...theyre seeing this as do or die

can easily see them taking it with their mentality away record and players back and with our losing streak

Out
    Coello
    Laryea
    Osorio
    Servania
    Spicer

all three italians + longstaff and osorio are a yellow away from suspension

think herdman goes back to petretta long gomis at the back...start franklin or rutty at wb

owusu
    insigne etienne
    franklin flores longstaff bernardeschi
    petretta long gomis
    johnson

bench gavran o'neill rosted mabika rutty thompson mailula kerr +call up a striker you cant have just 1 real striker in your matchday squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one interesting thing about the union: theyve done some absolutely terrible international recruiting...they have 4 international players that they havent trusted enough to give a single minute in mls...richard odada from kenya,sanders ngabo from denmark,olwethu makhanya from south africa,jamir berdecio from bolivia...surely that has played a part in the team being this low currently...when we talk about mailula imagine having four mailulas on your team smh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. They didn’t know it would be head to head with Canada until Tuesday night late. (But they knew it was pretty likely to be Canada on Saturday night again, a week ago.)

This game could have been moved to Saturday 5.30pm on Wednesday morning. Could have put the Canada game on the big screen postgame, left the concessions open. Could have really done something clever marketing wise with Canada Soccer. Celebrate the team, watch your “MLS coach” in action. A watch party on a beautiful night.

This kind of late schedule change happens in the EPL, a much bigger league. But we can’t have that here. Oh no.

Why are any games scheduled ever against any Copa games? Oh right, because Apple. Because MLS blockhead execs have lost their minds on this issue and allowed a TV programming experiment to run amok without any judgment ever being applied. None more so than the one who just departed here.

Well, I don’t want to begrudge people a nice evening, I get that some (many?) will enjoy the game tonight. I get that some (many?) don’t care about a third place game. But there are some of us who do, and who notice the pummeling being delivered to serious fans, over and over.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-13-2024 at 06:48 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i don't give a shit about a 3rd place game.

absolutely pointless, the euros doesn't even have one.

going to be 2 heavily rotated teams playing shit football on a shitty narrow pitch. no thanks.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally will be watching the 3rd place game, as I think a lot of Canadians will. I think both teams will be treating it seriously and expect a good game. A great thing about football is we can all have different opinions and it's ok.

I think ensco's made some great points here. It's a horribly missed opportunity for TFC but maybe Apple is calling the shots.

I'll check the TFC score later and see how much we lose by.

Hopefully our players coming back will improve TFC by next game.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-13-2024 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will consume both games and some vodka while I'm at it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I will consume both games and some vodka while I'm at it.
    If Apple is calling the shots, you'll be having the shots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I personally will be watching the 3rd place game, as I think a lot of Canadians will. I think both teams will be treating it seriously and expect a good game. A great thing about football is we can all have different opinions and it's ok.

I think ensco's made some great points here. It's a horribly missed opportunity for TFC but maybe Apple is calling the shots.

I'll check the TFC score later and see how much we lose by.

Hopefully our players coming back will improve TFC by next game.
    Marsch already said expect serious lineup changes.

Glorified friendly on a shit pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^We get it. Fine. Whatever.

I truly think you are wrong about the value of the Canada game … but the real point is, the fact that you don’t care about having to choose, has nothing to do with the point I am making.

There is no good reason to have to choose. None.

I will probably take a siesta from TFC over this issue. Maybe a long one. I don’t know how else to handle it.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-13-2024 at 10:49 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, it's egregious MLS is going on while there's a tournament happening featuring CONCACAF teams.

it's also completely derailed our season.

if we never lost oso, SJ and laryea we probably have 10 more points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i agree, it's egregious MLS is going on while there's a tournament happening featuring CONCACAF teams.

it's also completely derailed our season.

if we never lost oso, SJ and laryea we probably have 10 more points
    That is the biggest cause of the problem. Agreed. I also vehemently dislike how they are handling the problem, given that it exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That is the biggest cause of the problem. Agreed. I also vehemently dislike how they are handling the problem, given that it exists.
    We are an afterthought to MLS and USSF's planning, generally.

But I simply don't believe they couldn't change our MLS dates. We just didn't show any backbone. Other clubs in both this league and others have dates rescheduled all the time due to either tournament (like MLS clubs in Concacaf cup), inclement weather or unavoidable circumstances.

And they've already allowed multiple other teams this year to play earlier in the day on Saturday. LAFC has done it twice, at least.

I suspect Lieweke is the only president we've ever had who actually stood up to them for our selfish interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see any reason Apple would object to us moving the kick off time. Given the general lack of attention paid to the club, and the major management changes, I've a much easier time believing that we never asked. And maybe there's a reason, they think with the heat we'd get less people in the door at a hotter time, but most likely nobody thought to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We are an afterthought to MLS and USSF's planning, generally.

But I simply don't believe they couldn't change our MLS dates. We just didn't show any backbone. Other clubs in both this league and others have dates rescheduled all the time due to either tournament (like MLS clubs in Concacaf cup), inclement weather or unavoidable circumstances.

And they've already allowed multiple other teams this year to play earlier in the day on Saturday. LAFC has done it twice, at least.

I suspect Lieweke is the only president we've ever had who actually stood up to them for our selfish interests.
    MLSE are getting what they deserve here (too bad for the fans). Their management feels like one big groupthink exercise. No wonder when that person has to assert themselves to others (like the league office) they can’t find the will to do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    MLSE are getting what they deserve here (too bad for the fans). Their management feels like one big groupthink exercise. No wonder when that person has to assert themselves to others (like the league office) they can’t find the will to do it
    The larger and older companies get, the less backbone remains in senior management, and the more self-interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres rumors that jose martinez is on the move and will miss this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    theres rumors that jose martinez is on the move and will miss this one
    Massive, potentially. He utterly changes their midfield in terms of pressure.

Carranza's replacement, Quinn Sullivan, is no Caranza, either.

Still might won't matter if we play the way we did in the last two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altobelli called up for tonight.

Not sure why they bother as the TFC II kids rarely get into the game. It's just atmospheric experience, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Massive, potentially. He utterly changes their midfield in terms of pressure.

Carranza's replacement, Quinn Sullivan, is no Caranza, either.

Still might won't matter if we play the way we did in the last two games.
    cant see it making a big difference...herdman is still sending out long and gomis game after game even when out of form and now looks like he has an obsession with thompson...we still make tons of mistakes defensively so great opportunity for philly to use this as a bounce back game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

martinez is indeed out and #1 keeper blake is also out and they start 18 year old rick in net who kept a clean sheet last game...rest is pretty strong and they have bedoya on the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thompson and rutty and rosted o'neill starting with flores insigne gomis on the bench

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it even possible that Insigne is not starting? Does anyone know why?
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-13-2024 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

herdman believes they can win this one without going all out and then going to miami to beat them with rested players...hopefully thats how it goes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hour management for Flores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rosted is very good with the ball at his feet and going up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    How is it even possible that Insigne is not starting? Does anyone know why?
    Does it really matter if he starts or plays now , the guy is totally useless , would have trouble playing in the CPL as we saw the other night . I’m a Napoli fan and was so excited when they signed him couldn’t believe it when they signed him . However, he went from being one of my favourite players to being a player I can’t wait until he gets the hell off this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rutty gives away two balls in five seconds in his half and a few seconds later its thompsons turn...union getting close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked at least a foot offside to me.