Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    If you want to understand how bad this club has been since it started in 2007 just look at how many times TFC have actually made the playoffs ? You just said that MLS playoffs are a joke and so many teams make it , but yet in their history how many times has TFC actually qualified for the MLS playoffs? It will take a miracle of some sorts for them to qualify for the playoffs this year . If you take into account how few times in their history this club has made the playoffs in a playoff system you say is a joke because its so easy to qualify for them you start to understand the magnitude of the ineptness of this club since they were created in 2007 . From 2007 to 2023 TFC have only qualified for the MLS playoffs 5 times !
    Yes but it used to be difficult to make them. Now 9 of 15 in the East make it. Teams with losing records make it. The bar for qualifying now is 'slightly better than complete garbage'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well one of the guys not starting is Insigne - with a rib injury - on the bench.

If I’m not mistaken, he posted on IG of him getting a chest (rib) tattoo a couple days ago. If that is his reasoning for not being able to start…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KEngel View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, he posted on IG of him getting a chest (rib) tattoo a couple days ago. If that is his reasoning for not being able to start…
    i wouldnt be shocked ...he is the biggest fraud in the history of mls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Og's point:

Points with Jonathan Osorio playing this year: 24.

Points without Jonathan Osorio playing this year: 0.

Seriously. Someone at the club pointed that out to me.

He's the connection between forward and backline. If he's not on the pitch, we're trapped in our end and inert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    To Og's point:

He's the connection between forward and backline. If he's not on the pitch, we're trapped in our end and inert.
    Plus we just have no depth in general. We're currently missing two DPs & our captain, with a squad as poorly constructed as ours, that just crushes us.

But that Osorio stat is illuminating. I would be one of the people think he's having a middling, not great season but you do genuinely see a huge difference when he's on the field vs not, and it is reflected in the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Yes but it used to be difficult to make them. Now 9 of 15 in the East make it. Teams with losing records make it. The bar for qualifying now is 'slightly better than complete garbage'.
    Yep, to the point where I question if it’s even worth seeing that as progress.

Anyway, the performance/ direction of the club still points to the need for a change in leadership at the top. We can focus on the coach, the players, or other minuscule changes in the background but big picture it’s as simple as the guy at the top is inept and his plans to “fix it” the 12th time around are not worth seeing through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i wouldnt be shocked ...he is the biggest fraud in the history of mls
    Now in the category of Perlo, Gerard and Mista as worst DP signing ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Now in the category of Perlo, Gerard and Mista as worst DP signing ever.
    lol ....none of those guys were making 15mil a year.injury prone and a baby to boot and doesnt try half the time
    Last edited by reggie; 07-07-2024 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Og's point:

This isn't 100% accurate. We won against Atlanta in March without him.

But outside of that our record has been abysmal when he's not here.

I also think Spicer has been critical to this side too. Our 6 game losing streak also coincides with him being injured
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 07-07-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has happened to Prince, he looks totally disinterested and very lazy? For TFC as a whole, they appear to be totally inept since the NYFC incident and being slapped around by MLS brass and of course MLSE caving to them , Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    What has happened to Prince, he looks totally disinterested and very lazy? For TFC as a whole, they appear to be totally inept since the NYFC incident and being slapped around by MLS brass and of course MLSE caving to them , Thoughts
    His defensive work rate for strikers and pressing is among the best in the league.

His offensive work rate in the box is nearly non-existent.

I think he's spent his entire career being brought on as a late presser to hold onto leads and he just can't think like a scorer. He has no hunger for goal, no concentration in the box to find space or offer better options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His defensive work rate for strikers and pressing is among the best in the league.

His offensive work rate in the box is nearly non-existent.

I think he's spent his entire career being brought on as a late presser to hold onto leads and he just can't think like a scorer. He has no hunger for goal, no concentration in the box to find space or offer better options.
    I don't think we've won since he stopped scoring, have we? Points to that being the biggest need.