Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

muriel wide again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Oso double pivot with Flores.

Herdman seems to think that is sacrilege but until somebody shows otherwise, Oso is our best midfielder at keeping the ball and moving it quickly forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orlando wins 2-1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's done - about the only thing they may accomplish this year is to avoid the wooden spoon - not much else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'd like to see Oso double pivot with Flores.
    He gets a lot of flak online but we're seeing how much trouble this team has in the midfield without Osorio's hold-up play.

It was clear at the end that if we do get teams bunkering in, we can create some danger. But it's too few and far between because of the aforementioned inertia. We're just not active enough, not pressing quickly enough, not moving off the ball to shift defenders and create space.

It's just "play the ball wide to Fede/Insigne, see what they can do, if nothing, try to cycle the switch of field." Over and over and over again.

Herdman said in one of his interviews that "this team is not set up to play direct", but the only times we put Orlando on their heels tonight was when someone tried to hit a backline runner or put a ball over the top. We gave them room in those moments to make mistakes, rather than just playing one-on-one with a low block, which is pretty much doomed to failure.

I think we have roster deficits, clearly. But I don't think the coaching staff is helping right now with this tactical inflexibility. We need to be direct, force mistakes from other teams. And we need to switch up the middle and who's defending that space when they're just walking through us.

Yeah, a few new players right now would help; but a) we don't have much cap or roster space and b) I'm not sure it's just a player problem. We need to be more flexible in how we attack. It can't just be the slow build to pinning them back, because teams in this league love defending in a low block, making it all about the athleticism of each battle. We have to get behind them more often, try long balls, long shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I really do think it's a player problem. I've said over and over we need to be ruthless this window. If we put every player on the free agency list how many players of ours would a championship team take at their current cap hit? I think its very, very few. Very very few. And anyone who would be a no needs to be chopped as soon as we can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need 6 wins and a draw in the last 12 games to make playoffs which includes 2 games vs Miami 2 vs Columbus 1 vs Red Bulls

realistically we arent winning a championship in mls or leagues cup this year so the biggest game of July is vs Forge and the biggest game of the season is the second leg in August...gotta go all out in those games and get to the final

no need to make Hernandez style rushed signings...maybe 1-2 signings this summer then you let contracts run out and exercise the options on those you want and build a better roster for 2025

unfortunately the pain will continue as a team that has insigne and bernardeschi as dps will never be a contender...but we can improve the roster and coaching to make the playoffs in 2025

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a depressing match to watch (on a screen). Shades of Bob’s tenure when the Italians trusted only each other to make something happen. And somewhat justifiably too.

As usual, Insigne and Petretta have something sympathetic and interesting going on… there was next to nothing happening on the left when Petretta came off.

I agree with those who noticed the necessity of Osorio in midfield. Having Richie and Spicer on the pitch would have added some urgency. I don’t we can expect results when 4 or 5 starters are missing. It’s still a pretty unbalanced and mediocre roster especially beyond the starting eleven (which we’ve barely seen together, of course).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don't know, I really do think it's a player problem. I've said over and over we need to be ruthless this window. If we put every player on the free agency list how many players of ours would a championship team take at their current cap hit? I think its very, very few. Very very few. And anyone who would be a no needs to be chopped as soon as we can
    I agree.

There’s just not enough quality across this roster, even with all the first choice players available.

Let’s face it: it’s more than likely this is another clear-out year where the team runs down some bad contracts to put themselves in a better position for the future. Either by choice or because Manning and Hernandez have been shackled by the board reflecting a lack of trust in their abilities.Suspect they have a narrow window to “fix it” or be fired.