Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i would cut him...play the 3rd string guy
    That was my first reaction, but then I realized - Gavran is never, ever, EVER, going to make that mistake again. MLS memes will be reminding him of this mistake for the rest of his life. An expensive way to learn, but hopefully that makes him a better keeper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. No way.

In Spain I believe that is called a Tamudazo. A striker named Tamudo for Espanyol did something similar in a Cup final many years ago…
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just shoot me now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    There's no excuse for MLS not having the semi automated offside tech, it just puts that stuff to bed completely and quickly
    Europe does offside so bad I've stopped watching European football. We should not copy them in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very happy I didn't watch that nonsense. Fire gavran.. he's not a party of the future and players he's to understand consequences. Thats top 5 quest goals in TFC history with zero seconds left in a game. Completely unforgivable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for Gavran. Anyone who is mad about this, have a heart. Think about how this must be for him. Yes it is a terrible mistake. What an awful thing to have happen.

He has to start next game. Also, let’s pick him up, fans need to show some serious love for him at next home game.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching that replay more closely, his teammates did him no favours there. They are all walking upfield, heads down, nobody is looking back… at the very last second Kosi points but it’s too late. If I am Herdman, that would bother me a lot.

It’s Gavran's mistake, no question, but it is a team game, and nobody is helping him out there either.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-30-2024 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I feel for Gavran. Anyone who is mad about this, have a heart. Think about how this must be for him. Yes it is a terrible mistake. What an awful thing to have happen.

He has to start next game. Also, let’s pick him up, fans need to show some serious love for him at next home game.
    Hey you know the guy who single handedly lost us the game due to basic incompetence? Let's be extra nice to him next time we see him. Thatll make it better. Instead of doing something about it let's just be nice. 😜😘

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the replay and it looks like the Atlanta player stepped out of bounds to grab a drink. I thought that you couldn’t do that - should it not have been a yellow? (Maybe not a card but I remember hearing that you can do that). 🤷🏻*♂️
    Last edited by JonO; 06-30-2024 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    Europe does offside so bad I've stopped watching European football. We should not copy them in any way.
    You can have accuracy or you can have guesswork which will on occasion screw over your team, and it takes way longer. Choose your poison I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer how Europe does it but wonder if something like Wenger’s approach might be better where you have to see daylight for it to be off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Just saw the replay and it looks like the Atlanta player stepped out of bounds to grab a drink. I thought that you couldn’t do that - should it not have been a yellow? (Maybe not a card but I remember hearing that you can do that). 路*♂️

You are absolutely correct. Where was VAR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a problem with Gavran absolutely dressing down his teammates on any mistakes they commit for a while now... you can do that in that manner when you've got more than 10 games under your belt. Now he's got egg on his face for what will be the most memorable mistake any TFC player makes this season. Not gonna say it's karma but pretty funny

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will still have the same issue where there is just a fraction of daylight. I think players will adjust - I just wish it would happen faster. The uncertainty after almost every goal is crazy

(Forgot to quote but this to Canary’s post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media is being very nice in saying that Atlanta used ‘trickery’ to score the winner.

No tricks in that, just a treat from Gavran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdmanns biggest challenge now is keeping these guys mentally strong and not giving up.

Last night was a great game from them generally and easily should have had at least a draw. Same with against Nashville and Cincy. Hard not to get down after everything keeps going wrong.

A couple good summer signings and the return of Laryea, Oso and SJ should help boost the spirits too.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 06-30-2024 at 02:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Just saw the replay. Really glad I wasn’t watching live. 臘
    Imagine somebody travelling to Atlanta to watch ...

Bad enough on TV ...in the stadium would be just awful.

Seen it happen before - not worth a demotion and lets remember who our #3 is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    I've had a problem with Gavran absolutely dressing down his teammates on any mistakes they commit for a while now... you can do that in that manner when you've got more than 10 games under your belt. Now he's got egg on his face for what will be the most memorable mistake any TFC player makes this season. Not gonna say it's karma but pretty funny
    I was going to post the same observation. Only fitting this could happen to such a d*ckhead. Should he really be starting ahead of our 3rd string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Atlanta player broke the rules by going out of bounds and then scored a completely underhanded goal.

Next time we play Atl somebody better go through his leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBackyard View Post
    Should he really be starting ahead of our 3rd string.
    Yes. Yes, he really fucking should. Jesus Christ. Have you seen Ranjitsingh play?! That he even has a squad spot is an act of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    You can have accuracy or you can have guesswork which will on occasion screw over your team, and it takes way longer. Choose your poison I guess.
    I chose my poison. I stopped watching European football and it made my relationship with footy so much better. It's as toxic as humans get. The fans, the officials, the admins. There's nothing good happening there. Accuracy is not a digital image of someone's toe on our ahead of another digitals persons knee.