Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 21 - TFC @ Atlanta - Sat June 29th 7:38pm - Staring at the Blank Page

Before You

Have At It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, since Copa is still going to be going that should mean we will be playing on the grass surface when we go there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Interesting, since Copa is still going to be going that should mean we will be playing on the grass surface when we go there.
    They are only playing 2 games there and the last one is Thursday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They are only playing 2 games there and the last one is Thursday.
    Ahh okay I didn't realize they were only playing two there. Guess it will likely be ripped out unless they decide to wait until after this Saturday to give them more time? not sure how long it would take to remove it, but it is just sitting on top the turf anyways so probably not long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now that Herdman said we're going back to basics I guess were not going to see anymore fancy back heels or nutmeg attempts in our own box while being pressed. About time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be quite happy if we went back to the bog standard mid block that we bored our way through the first five games with, where we've got ten behind the ball most of the time. Ugly 1-0 wins for the win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd be quite happy if we went back to the bog standard mid block that we bored our way through the first five games with, where we've got ten behind the ball most of the time. Ugly 1-0 wins for the win.
    Phase one as Herdman called it is our level. Each time he got excited about moving into phase two we imploded. We don't have a good enough squad to try to play good football and be successful. The worst thing is the arrogance in the squad is so high they think they're elite world beaters and it shows. You'd think the shame of what was the 2023 season would've cooled some of that but I guess they pinned it all on Bob and not on themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that this will likely help us in anyway with the way we are playing and the amount of players away/injured but Thiago Almada was just sold and I would assume will not play now Sat.

https://x.com/clmerlo/status/1805952...m3z2VHPEJ8igOg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they have two draws and a win in three games under interim coach valentino and almada didnt play in the last one which was a draw away to st louis...theyve brought a bunch of mids and forwards in the last year who seem to be doing well...thiare has 4 goals silva 2 goals 2 assists rios 3 goals in 9 games + mids muyumba and mccarty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is at the same time as canada vs chile. what a fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Can't believe MLS didn't think to push up times. Attendance is likely to be shit for this.

I'm going to find myself watching two games at once. TFC likely isn't getting the lion's share of that attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    wait till leagues cup finishes for us on August 3rd. With nothing going on until the end of the month.

drives me mad that this was why we can’t break for Copa/euro. Nonsense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Can't believe MLS didn't think to push up times. Attendance is likely to be shit for this.

I'm going to find myself watching two games at once. TFC likely isn't getting the lion's share of that attention.
    I am not watching TFC for 5 minutes Saturday. Even if the score is 5-0 in the Canada game.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am not watching TFC for 5 minutes Saturday. Even if the score is 5-0 in the Canada game.
    Yeah, not high on my priority list either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, not high on my priority list either.
    Agreed.

Better quality football if for no other reason (like the stakes of moving on to the next round on the line).
    Last edited by Canary10; 06-27-2024 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The degree to which TFC are being locked into what is blatant stupidity for them on Saturday nights (first with the weather in February and March, then vis a vis the NHL playoffs, now this) is kind of breathtaking.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet....if this was a home game, it would be 27K+ there that night.

Another reminder that TFC/CanMNT viewing crowds are different then TFC going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coello out 10-12 weeks which is pretty close to season over...longstaff questionable for this one and o'neill could come off the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been discussed to death, but running games at all during a major tournament is amateur hour and always has been but especially is now when MLS sends more and more players to said tournaments. If you have to shorten the already overly long, mostly pointless regular season or have less than 2/3s of the league made the play offs to do it then do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, like most everyone in the world, have access to numerous devices that will allow me to consume both the TFC and Canada matches. Obviously, the CMNT game will get the big screen so that I can hear Caldwell tell me if every single foul in the game is a foul to him or not. But, TFC will be beside me and I'll still manage to shake my head at the dumb goals they will probably give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I, like most everyone in the world, have access to numerous devices that will allow me to consume both the TFC and Canada matches. Obviously, the CMNT game will get the big screen so that I can hear Caldwell tell me if every single foul in the game is a foul to him or not. But, TFC will be beside me and I'll still manage to shake my head at the dumb goals they will probably give up.
    I find anything on TSN buffers too frequently, even with high speed internet access. I've had to drop the resolution down a few times during the Euro. Doesn't work well with competing streaming going on. I've never had this issue with DAZN or even Fubo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I find anything on TSN buffers too frequently, even with high speed internet access. I've had to drop the resolution down a few times during the Euro. Doesn't work well with competing streaming going on. I've never had this issue with DAZN or even Fubo.
    I run TSN off my Xbox that I have a LAN cable attached to and it works much better than it used to when using wifi. My biggest complaint with TSN's Xbox app is that it for some reason refuses to play the TSN+ streams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I run TSN off my Xbox that I have a LAN cable attached to and it works much better than it used to when using wifi. My biggest complaint with TSN's Xbox app is that it for some reason refuses to play the TSN+ streams.
    It's my view the legacy media have no idea how to stream content.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet....if this was a home game, it would be 27K+ there that night.

Another reminder that TFC/CanMNT viewing crowds are different then TFC going.
    It's no reminder for me. I have never bought it. This argument holds no water for me. It defies logic.

The venn diagram of TFC SSH that would rather watch this game than watch the Chile game is not worth talking about. Canada v Chile will draw 500K or 1M while TFC will draw senior darts type ratings, 50K or whatever, Saturday night.

At least this game isn’t a home game. If it were, to your point, those attendance numbers are for paid seats… If you are telling me that it's a solution that SSH have to give their tickets away so that they can watch Canada…
    Last edited by ensco; 06-27-2024 at 04:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's no reminder for me. I have never bought it. This argument holds no water for me. It defies logic.

The venn diagram of TFC SSH that would rather watch this game than watch the Chile game is not worth talking about. Canada v Chile will draw 500K or 1M while TFC will draw senior darts type ratings, 50K or whatever, Saturday night.

At least this game isn’t a home game. If it were, to your point, those attendance numbers are for paid seats… If you are telling me that it's a solution that SSH have to give their tickets away so that they can watch Canada…

What I'm saying is the CanMNT watching people having a conflict would not reduce TFC game attendance significantly.

Viewing #s? Not sure it matters much to MLSE to be honest - I'm assuming Apple gives up weekly numbers but given past TFC viewing was lower then poker, I doubt a niche streaming service is doing all that well up here - even on the "free with Apple TV" weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is the CanMNT watching people having a conflict would not reduce TFC game attendance significantly.

Viewing #s? Not sure it matters much to MLSE to be honest - I'm assuming Apple gives up weekly numbers but given past TFC viewing was lower then poker, I doubt a niche streaming service is doing all that well up here - even on the "free with Apple TV" weeks.
    Well, how much of that attendance is true paid attendance? How much is empty seats, and people giving their seats to non soccer people looking to try something new for free?

Think the evidence would be in the resale pricing on stubhub for a TFC home game going head to head with a Canada game of this magnitude. In my view, it would be as low as low gets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, it's just one of many forms of scheduling disrespect, and product denigration, going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, it's just one of many forms of scheduling disrespect, and product denigration, going on.
    MLS schedule came out on December 20, 2023. I would imagine the Copa dates weren't set at that time so....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    MLS schedule came out on December 20, 2023. I would imagine the Copa dates weren't set at that time so....
    The Copa schedule was set before then. Every MLS game going directly against a Copa game is a mistake. Period.

As to the fact that Canada playing Chile game wasn't set until March. Fine. It should have been moved in March, once that was known.

MLS has 500 regular season games. The Atlanta v Toronto game this Saturday is not the Super Bowl.

It makes you weep, how blatantly dumb this is.