Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1229
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Owusu will play but not start apparently.
    spicer is questionable, could see him playing though. i think he's played in past when questionable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever the loan is to, hr has to be starting regularly and have a coach who has developed strikers.

He has lots of speed and athletic ability, he just doesn't have the knowledge of how to find dangerous space and exploit defenders. He can clearly finish chances but he won't get many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't worry about this much since Gavran has been fairly steady this season. The suspensions (and injuries to Spicer & Owusu) are the ones that hurt going into this match and it makes me wonder where the goals will be coming from.
    Gavran was terrible last night. Still sucks Sean Johnson is gone on a US team he is barely even third choice and won’t get a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Gavran was terrible last night. Still sucks Sean Johnson is gone on a US team he is barely even third choice and won’t get a minute.
    He just goes to show the break between the men and the boys. The vets on this team can hold their weight regardless of who is fielded around them but players like Garvan, JMR, Coello, Franklin, Kerr, Rosted, Petretta, etc… they entirely depend on the presence of stronger players within the team to keep their heads above water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're in for a shit week. Herdman says their performance was his biggest disappointment in 30 years of coaching.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://x.com/PortoReport/status/1802272858795659621

eustaquio being linked to mls by portuguese outlet.

he'd be exactly what we need, a midfielder who has excelled under herdman and who can keep possession well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can only dream. He'd probably make us contenders but we're not buying another DP this year, unless Herdman has changed some minds.

Latif Blessing with his third goal off the bench for Houston in four games last night. I don't think he wanted to be here but damn, we misuse players a lot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://x.com/PortoReport/status/1802272858795659621

eustaquio being linked to mls by portuguese outlet.

he'd be exactly what we need, a midfielder who has excelled under herdman and who can keep possession well.
    Knowing us he'll probably end up playing for Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Knowing us he'll probably end up playing for Montreal.
    eh, if he comes to MLS i would be very shocked if it wasnt to us. just makes so much sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selfishly, I hope he stays in Europe, whether he’s looking at us or not.

But then again, guys want to get paid. Wouldn’t want to deny him that. Careers are too short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, if he comes to MLS i would be very shocked if it wasnt to us. just makes so much sense.
    I guess they could make it a loan with an option to buy in jan when we have a DP slot open. Just not sure why Steph would come here without a new $ deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We can only dream. He'd probably make us contenders but we're not buying another DP this year, unless Herdman has changed some minds.

Latif Blessing with his third goal off the bench for Houston in four games last night. I don't think he wanted to be here but damn, we misuse players a lot.
    Its good for us that he is doing well, we could get an additional 200k Gam next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I guess they could make it a loan with an option to buy in jan when we have a DP slot open. Just not sure why Steph would come here without a new $ deal.
    can be a contract that makes him a DP in 2025 (TAM money for remainder of 2024, then DP starting 25).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eustaquio would be an absolute dream signing but yeah to me all indication is we are NOT getting additional budget so I just don't see how we pull it off. But otherwise he ticks every box, even ticks the typical Bill Manning fan service box but in this case it's tied to a player who would be a genuinely brilliant signing. I'd love to see it, I just don't see how it's possible unless one of our two big DPs leave which there isn't any indication of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Eustaquio would be an absolute dream signing but yeah to me all indication is we are NOT getting additional budget so I just don't see how we pull it off. But otherwise he ticks every box, even ticks the typical Bill Manning fan service box but in this case it's tied to a player who would be a genuinely brilliant signing. I'd love to see it, I just don't see how it's possible unless one of our two big DPs leave which there isn't any indication of.
    indication is a DP slot would be open next season (likely after we are done paying jozy, bradley, akinola, diomande a total of almost 5 mill), he could always come here on a deal which pays like 700K for remainder of 2024 and a full DP slot in 2025 onwards.
    also, i would also note the marketing deals available to canadian players in the lead up to the home 2026 WC will likely be sizeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indication is a DP slot would be open next season (likely after we are done paying jozy, bradley, akinola, diomande a total of almost 5 mill), he could always come here on a deal which pays like 700K for remainder of 2024 and a full DP slot in 2025 onwards.
    also, i would also note the marketing deals available to canadian players in the lead up to the home 2026 WC will likely be sizeable.
    I'm not sure I see the indication on willingness to spend you do, but, I hope I'm wrong! Though it is an absolutely fair point that a big Canadian team star, based in Toronto, would have some nice sponsorship opportunities both before and, if Canada does well especially, after the tournament. That could indeed be something that helps get the deal done. Either way, I want to believe, he'd be an incredible signing, there's no doubt about that whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I see the indication on willingness to spend you do, but, I hope I'm wrong! Though it is an absolutely fair point that a big Canadian team star, based in Toronto, would have some nice sponsorship opportunities both before and, if Canada does well especially, after the tournament. That could indeed be something that helps get the deal done. Either way, I want to believe, he'd be an incredible signing, there's no doubt about that whatsoever.
    From a DP perspective he would be kind of like a home-run. Canadian, knows Herdmann well, very marketable for 2026 world cup build up, would likely be highly effective and Toronto also has a huge Portuguese community and Porto fans.

I doubt he leaves Europe though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the messaging from hernandez about a DP spot being open in 2025 indicates imo that there will be $$ available. and yeah, eustaquio would fill every box from a DP perspective (age, football pedigree, familiarity with coaching staff/ system, marketing aspect).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman isn't as in love with the CMNT guys as everyone thought he was. Eustaquio would be excellent, but this strikes me as more a Herdman signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Herdman isn't as in love with the CMNT guys as everyone thought he was. Eustaquio would be excellent, but this strikes me as more a Herdman signing.

Its vancouver who made an offer for him.

https://x.com/DiMarzio/status/1802712183408599344

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is currently off our salary books - his contract is all on NER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The messaging to me from someone of similar stature was that they're not going to spend on another DP. But that was quite a while ago and Herdman can be pretty persuasive.

I guess it depends on how important competitiveness is to the board vis-a-vis profit.
    Last edited by jloome; 06-18-2024 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Its vancouver who made an offer for him.

https://x.com/DiMarzio/status/1802712183408599344
    Also included in that article is the detail the offer was USD360K. IIUC, he was making at Northampton P203K/USD258K. So, manageable for TFC too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jozy is currently off our salary books - his contract is all on NER.
    is he? i was thinking his payout may have been spread out over several years, and he's still being paid over 2 mill per MLSPA salaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he? i was thinking his payout may have been spread out over several years, and he's still being paid over 2 mill per MLSPA salaries.
    IIUC, Hilpertshauser’s take is the one that is more or less on point…

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-18-2024 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question for anyone who might have been paying attention: have we had our preferred starting lineup on the field at the same time for a single game this year?

I'm just thinking about the most recent run where we've had eight players out, seven players out.

The way I figure from early games and past experience, our best lineup is probably:

Johnson
    O'Neal--Long--Gomis
    Laryea--Flores--Osorio--Spicer
    ----Fede---Insigne
    ------Owusu

Has that team been on the pitch even once this year? Molinaro had Herdman talking today generally about the fact that they have to look at whether they're even recruiting guys resilient enough for high-intensity football, and he hinted that people are playing for their contract renewals.

That's all good, but I do wonder, at one game under 500, if we wouldn't be four or five games to the better in wins and draws if everyone were healthy for even a decent short run.

Also, do we play Fede as a 10 or keep him at wingback? Because he's been great at the latter but it's the position for which we signed Richie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they are going to ensure our non-starting 11 are good enough to at least at home beat other teams non-starting 11.

&

I think Berna goes to RW but plays with less of the selfishness at that point then he did last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we fielded that maybe the first game of the season but that was it.

Personally I love Berna at wingback, he is excelling there at both ends of the pitch and seems to get way more space to shoot with more players ahead of him.

Berna and Richie as wingbacks just seem so deadly.

If the day ever comes where we have a full healthy lineup suppose we could try him at RW again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first game of the year we had our best 11 I think but with duel inverted wingbacks. I dont mind berna at RWB but richie is better on the right as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

herdman's latest interview alludes to the inability to get a consistent group out there and the need for the club to get a handle on these injuries.

notes that fc Cincinnati and columbus manage to get consistent XIs out there.