Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 19 - Nashville @ TFC - Wednesday 19th June 7:38pm - Can You Get It In Your

Head....I'm Tired of Dancing

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a statement to how the rest of the season will unfold.

If TFC come to play and win, I'll have faith.

If they put another trash performance and lose or draw I think the team freefalls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernie and Gomis being back will be huge. Maybe give Kerr a game to actually play with Prince upfront, shift Longstaff back into Coello's spot in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bernie and Gomis being back will be huge. Maybe give Kerr a game to actually play with Prince upfront, shift Longstaff back into Coello's spot in midfield.
    Coello should be glued to the bench that's for sure. If he pulled anything like that in Europe he'd be sitting the next game for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Coello should be glued to the bench that's for sure. If he pulled anything like that in Europe he'd be sitting the next game for sure.
    Agree and I would sit Insigne with him for now and start Etienne in that spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne was the most dangerous attacking /playmaking player for us on Saturday.

Etienne coughed up the ball on the first goal with a pass to in front of our penalty area. He may play but he's not going to start in front of Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My issue with Insigne is he offers zero press pressure. He defends well when forced to but he doesn't seem to have much interest in their zone.

And he fades, badly, sometimes, when the rest of the team is struggling. Not always, but when he does try to put the team on his back he still makes the mistake Fede was making last year of trying to do it all himself.

But clearly those two and Spicer are our most dangerous offensive players so far this year. I don't put Owusu on that list because he absolutely requires service to score goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are folks getting to the game? Exhibition Loop is closed to streetcars for a few days so 509/511 will be buses or require transfer to bus, which sounds... nightmarish.

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisorie...cture-upgrades

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you take the TTC, the GO line is free to take - once every half hour after 5:47.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-18-2024 at 05:21 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW.....Herdman speaks

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/prega...n-june-18-2024

Interesting analysis at the end about the process as a whole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmm View Post
    How are folks getting to the game? Exhibition Loop is closed to streetcars for a few days so 509/511 will be buses or require transfer to bus, which sounds... nightmarish.

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisorie...cture-upgrades
    Driving is a bit of a b@stard for the suburbanites too. I couldn't get to the East parking lot on Saturday because they had barriers up at the lights by the hotel so I parked in the South and ... WHAT ... A ... GONG ... SHOW ... getting out of that lot after the game. Took me nearly two hours to get to Lakeshore. Not a parking attendant or cop in sight and everyone just cutting across all over the place. I've never seen worse traffic in my life and I've driven in Manhattan ffs! I'll never park in that lot again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Driving is a bit of a b@stard for the suburbanites too. I couldn't get to the East parking lot on Saturday because they had barriers up at the lights by the hotel so I parked in the South and ... WHAT ... A ... GONG ... SHOW ... getting out of that lot after the game. Took me nearly two hours to get to Lakeshore. Not a parking attendant or cop in sight and everyone just cutting across all over the place. I've never seen worse traffic in my life and I've driven in Manhattan ffs! I'll never park in that lot again.
    This seems to be a common theme this season. Traffic is always crap but reduced access to parking at times and they seem to have interruptions to TTC and/or GO trains every game too for one reason or another. I am not able to attend any games this season due to personal issues but I have been noticing all the issues that I would have been having if I was going. They will lose fans attending games if it becomes an enormous pain to attend on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This seems to be a common theme this season. Traffic is always crap but reduced access to parking at times and they seem to have interruptions to TTC and/or GO trains every game too for one reason or another. I am not able to attend any games this season due to personal issues but I have been noticing all the issues that I would have been having if I was going. They will lose fans attending games if it becomes an enormous pain to attend on a regular basis.
    I end up missing a lot of matches due to transit issues as well. The Wednesdays were always tough since I come from Scarborough and work until 6pm but these TTC & GO issues are too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to totally derail this thread but this “getting to downtown sucks, giving up on it” is becoming a more common theme in the social circles I travel in.

City needs to start thinking more clearly about the issues here. They are purposely cutting down traffic flow in favour of bike lanes and pedestrians. Okay, that’s fine. But the overall experience as a pedestrian is still not great in quarters. Also, most won’t travel longer distances on their bikes. The TTC is not reliable and suffers from more than the occasional bout of screaming, drug-addicted individuals.

Time to find a better plan than forcing people back to the office to save some investor that’s probably going under in 6 months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversely

The free transfer to GO & the expanded weekend train schedule is making my Saturday commute to & from the stadium easier.

Driving would be hellish but driving everywhere is difficult right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I end up missing a lot of matches due to transit issues as well. The Wednesdays were always tough since I come from Scarborough and work until 6pm but these TTC & GO issues are too much.
    Same. I'm in the Queen and Carlaw area. There is no direct transit route to BMO from there now. The King and Queen cars don't go all the way across. The Portlands are under construction. Lakeshore East is under construction. Ontario Line construction blocks various roads at different times. It often takes more than an hour to TTC to Bay and King, let alone BMO. It's really brutal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Same. I'm in the Queen and Carlaw area. There is no direct transit route to BMO from there now. The King and Queen cars don't go all the way across. The Portlands are under construction. Lakeshore East is under construction. Ontario Line construction blocks various roads at different times. It often takes more than an hour to TTC to Bay and King, let alone BMO. It's really brutal.
    I'd cycle or at least just get to Union and take the GO from there one stop.

Cycling is the best way to get around Toronto in my opinion bar none.

But hey, when the Ontario line opens your commute to BMO will be amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the question is where do you all pre game these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I'd cycle or at least just get to Union and take the GO from there one stop.

Cycling is the best way to get around Toronto in my opinion bar none.

But hey, when the Ontario line opens your commute to BMO will be amazing.

Yeah, since the weather has gotten nicer I've been Bikesharing where I can, but you generally can't dock a bike along the MGT from Coronation west before a game. Also isn't practical for bringing kids. Will be great when the Ontario Line is done. I'll have a subway and Go Station 7 minutes away walking that brings me right to BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about others but Left Field is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staniland signed a short term agreement for tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello will need to kill Herdman's cat to leave the starting 11.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting move this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Interesting move this

Yep. We're already into the 'have to remind the players they're professionals and everybody's playing for a contract' phase of the season. Always depressing, that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a tad bit embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello did something. He'll never leave that lineup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice play to make up for the penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fede blew a tire on that pk but made up for it on that goal. He created that goal with his hustle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29' anunga fouls bernardeschi for a penalty

31' insigne takes the ball and gives it to bernardeschi and says you missed two go ahead and miss another one...and he does so

34' bernardeschi assists coello to make it 1-0