Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petretta shouldn't be in th epitch still, he's been as bad as anyone. Lousy first touch has coughed up The ball three times in their end and he didn't even attack the ball on the first goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Petretta shouldn't be in th epitch still, he's been as bad as anyone. Lousy first touch has coughed up The ball three times in their end and he didn't even attack the ball on the first goal
    Him and Rosted are better this year, but the salaries we are paying them to be bang average is criminal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's to move Petretta up.

Both he and JMR are poor tonight so it's six of one half dozen the other

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Herdman said they specifically worked this week on not giving up bad goals

Devos hasn't been good enough.

The "I know these guys" thing isn't working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a disappointing loss. They look so disorganized.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank goodness I stayed home tonight…..I would be even more livid if I wasted 2 hours in transit time going to this garbage tonight…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That left side got dismantled tonight without Gomis and Spicer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wednesday should be interesting - I can’t see them not coming out strong especially with Berna playing and being ripped by their coach I’m sure over the next few days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling the club knows where it's issues are

There are so many of them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We seem to be getting worse as the season goes on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    We seem to be getting worse as the season goes on.
    Emotion is not enough

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if Philly had a worse night than us - they were up 2 men and lost to Miami at home giving up the winner in ET - so not only did their fans not get to see Messi; they also just lost to a nine man Miami at home in extra time. I know Miami is obviously not Chicago but this roster of Miami and nine men is not a league winning side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Herdman honeymoon period is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our captain was the first to walk off the pitch today when the game ended and missed the team huddle. I can't wait for this prima Donna show to be over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow is a better time to discuss that mess
    &
    that was the first time we looked MLS lower level inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game to go to.. put on the worst display of the season.

Our defense is getting really worse and I find if we don't have our proper wingbacks the whole team collapses.

Rosted, Kerr, Coello not good enough.

Insignes body language was really bad today.

I thought Etinenne Jr had a decent game. Thats about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only TFC can pull out results like this , playing at home to one of the worst sides in the league and not only lose but get blown out , incredible, embarrassing but why should we be surprised apart from a few years from around 2015 to 2021 more or less this club has been one of the worst clubs year after year .
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 06-15-2024 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So Herdman said they specifically worked this week on not giving up bad goals

Devos hasn't been good enough.

The "I know these guys" thing isn't working
    Yeah, he had a few staff on the CMNT that drove me nuts. The guy who did the set pieces was awful, don’t think they needed more than 2% of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the honeymoon is over...3 of the last 4 games at home tfc allowed 3 nyc 4 cinci and 4 tonight and 3 earlier v a shit kc team
    we are getting into BB territory
    Last edited by reggie; 06-15-2024 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the honeymoon is over...3 of the last 4 games at home tfc allowed 3 nyc 4 cinci and 4 tonight and 3 earlier v a shit kc team
    we are getting into BB territory
    Most of our contracts and the budget freeze are BB’s doing. We will be in his territory for a while longer, unfortunately.

Nonetheless, if we ever get our best players on the pitch at the same time we will be respectable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Coello needs the same thing as Kerr right now - seasoning in CPL or USL
    Nah. He’s not going to learn much down there. He needs competition for minutes and the pressure to play clean through 90. When he’s doing the right things and not making those stupid passes, he very much looks MLS level. I just don’t think a player THAT slow is ever going to be a first choice option.

Re Servania: he could be done after that injury. We’ll see what he looks like when he steps on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to expect this. We aren't a top MLS team and were in a position above our abilities, losses like this were coming and would happen even if Pep was in charge with the roster Herdman inherited. Add to that we've a paper thin squad due to roster mismanagement and missing players like we were is crippling to us.

The sky isn't falling, we were always going to lose plenty of games. I still think a first round play off exit is a very successful season. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus. Next year is the year to worry if we're losing games like this, and how ruthless we are in the off season will be the big determining factor.

Shit game, don't get me wrong, I just expect some like that throughout the season especially when we're missing some big players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Coello was to blame for two of those goals. The first one was an awful back pass to Gavrin with the outside of his foot and thankfully he saved it but then we couldn't get out.

I think the 3rd goal he was on the line with the ball and he tried to nutmeg their player but they got it and he didn't make an effort to mark either of them.
    Feel like he has the ability to be and do so much better but for some reason he doesn't? I don't know what it is.

Also Kerr is an interesting one. Anytime someone has the ball and trying to cross it into him he seems to think it's always going to get through the defender and he makes his run further away from the ball, not sure why he doesn't cut in and go closer to meet the ball..I noticed it from both sides when Insigne was crossing it into him and JMR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    not sure why he doesn't cut in and go closer to meet the ball..I noticed it from both sides when Insigne was crossing it into him and JMR.
    Because he doesn't know how to play striker. He just goes to the spot or the back post repeatedly, has no idea to look for the space where he can be found, or to sneak in off a weak shoulder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. You would think someone would be trying to teach him those things though or even teammates letting him know where they would like him to run or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. You would think someone would be trying to teach him those things though or even teammates letting him know where they would like him to run or something?
    I have to assume they are but it just doesn't stick in the moment, or he makes the wrong call repeatedly.

I notice Paul Rothrock scored a nice goal for Seattle last night. Hard working player, never should've let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Coello was to blame for two of those goals. The first one was an awful back pass to Gavrin with the outside of his foot and thankfully he saved it but then we couldn't get out.

I think the 3rd goal he was on the line with the ball and he tried to nutmeg their player but they got it and he didn't make an effort to mark either of them.
    Feel like he has the ability to be and do so much better but for some reason he doesn't? I don't know what it is.

Also Kerr is an interesting one. Anytime someone has the ball and trying to cross it into him he seems to think it's always going to get through the defender and he makes his run further away from the ball, not sure why he doesn't cut in and go closer to meet the ball..I noticed it from both sides when Insigne was crossing it into him and JMR.
    I don't think Coello is up to it, but we can't blame him for everything. His back pass for the first goal was horrific and should have cost us, but the reality is it was the poor pass out of defence and even poorer spatial awarenesses from Flores thirty seconds later that actually directly cost us the first goal. We got away with Coellos blunder, and then fucked it up again.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 06-16-2024 at 02:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman afterwards was, as he said, "really angry"

One thing he mentioned, and he's done it a few times, was sometimes you have to hit the ball into "row z" - he specifically talked about attempting nutmegs in "our own quarter"

That is aimed right at Coello & Flores. Especially Coello on the 3rd goal (just watched it again on replay and the dread I had watching him from the stands attempt that stuff has become anger)

I'm sorry, but how high on your capabilities do you have to be to attempt a nutmeg from your own endline?!?!?!
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-16-2024 at 04:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree, a nutmeg in the end line isn't bad if he was trying to pass it to someone because if it doesn't come off he hopefully just hits the player and goes out for a goal kick but he was attempting to nutmeg and get to it but he's not fast enough for that and there was another attacker right there.
    Anyway..see what Wednesday brings. Hopefully Berna is good to go and has a good game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very below par, although not wholly unexpected, missing 7 starters.

squad is not deep enough to withstand that amount of absences, especially 4 of top 5 earners (berna, oso, laryea, johnson).