Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
I'm all for getting rid of Zavaleta - I just don't know what you'd expect to get back for that amount of money.

As for Chapman - he's plateaued. He's not getting any better and he isn't that good. At this point, when the need arises - I'd rather shuffle the formation to make Shaffelburg work rather than put Chapman in.
You can get an incompetent backup CB for MLS minimum so there’s virtually no point in keeping Zavaleta.

We don’t even have a backup winger. We have Sberg who is young, raw, and probably going to get seriously hurt at some point, and Gallardo who no one has seen play here. That’s why Chapman has been playing in a role he isn’t any good at. Putting Sberg in Chapman’s natural position would probably make him look inept and be a waste, especially since he needs to play if Vanney intends to play a 4-3-3.

You need backup players, and Chapman is good for a few goals or assists when playing in the right spot usually. Even if he hasn’t progressed, likely never will, etc.

The FO would probably gladly ship him off (wouldn’t bother me at all) and replace him with some cast-off USMNT player who won’t be useful either.