Page 127 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 8618
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I want something to happen before New York game. C'mon TFC FO! Get your shit together and gives us a signing or two to make our season.
    I'd rather see KP do due diligence before signing. He's got options. Rushing a signing now isn't going to make a difference
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Is Rick Titus still around?
    He retired the end of 2010 at age 41.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yep id much rather wait if we can't get the proper peice in now. If that means we go through the window and come up empty, I'm okay with that.

We don't want to get into the same mess with overpaid pieces like we are now. Due diligence and get in the proper players at the proper salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of feels like that officer telling all his men that the Channel is bogged down in heavy fog, everything is on 24 hour hold

NO JUMP TONIGHT
    ​as you were

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due diligence is important.

Doing nothing now, when they have said something will get done and after two moves to popular players to clear space for cap room, would not go over well.

More importantly for this discussion, the summer window provides more opportunities to get non-MLS players then the winter one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, no rush I guess. We're not making the play-offs this year anyway. But it would be great to assemble a full team that can play together in the fall, go into the off-season together, and then start the new season as a team - not having to put it together from scratch like we've done so many times before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look before you leap, but he who hesitates is lost.

I'll get my hat.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I was wondering about that. In theory, KP doesn't have to be with the team. And Nelsen doesn't have to be at the announcement.
    This. Still think nothing will really be announced until Thursday at the earliest though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Alvaro Rey still on trial?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    is Alvaro Rey still on trial?
    No longer on trial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd rather see KP do due diligence before signing. He's got options. Rushing a signing now isn't going to make a difference
    he's had 6 months to do his due diligence; shouldn't be moving players until he has moves lined up to fill in the holes

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    he's had 6 months to do his due diligence; shouldn't be moving players until he has moves lined up to fill in the holes
    The season is a write off, this is gutting the house for the retro fit.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand all the gutting, etc but the gutting as well as the build up, do not happen serially. They have had months to prepare for this, and this window is just as important as the off season. If they do not deliver now, I will have very limited confidence they could in the off season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    hmmm, 98 people hitting refresh on this thread in the middle of the afternoon.... seems to be a few people looking for the "post gut" stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They've still identified some of the players they want to bring in - I don't see how the O'Dea transfer would change that. But I'm not really all that bothered about when it happens, so long as we see some incomings by the end of the month. It's doubtful that any new players would have featured up to the Red Bulls match anyway. Columbus however, I hope will be a different matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    They've still identified some of the players they want to bring in - I don't see how the O'Dea transfer would change that. But I'm not really all that bothered about when it happens, so long as we see some incomings by the end of the month. It's doubtful that any new players would have featured up to the Red Bulls match anyway. Columbus however, I hope will be a different matter.
    For all we know the O'Dea transfer fee could bring us back in the race to get Urruti.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what phil said. i think right now he's looking at some of the ridiculous contract options people have, and would be willing to drop them for a handful of magic beans if that means he can get closer to a clean slate. i can honestly see us playing a 4-4-2 with a single winger posted wide (a la spurs in 2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    what phil said. i think right now he's looking at some of the ridiculous contract options people have, and would be willing to drop them for a handful of magic beans if that means he can get closer to a clean slate. i can honestly see us playing a 4-4-2 with a single winger posted wide (a la spurs in 2011)
    agree, but I don't know how many more Saturday's like this past Saturday I'll be able to take

plus they have been saying for I don't know how long "the signings are coming"...i am tired of this lip service

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i can honestly see us playing a 4-4-2 with a single winger posted wide (a la spurs in 2011)
    Me too. In fact I expect to see a lot of similarities in playing style/formation to the Harry Spurs days. Except not as good and full of MLS bonerisms of course.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree, but I don't know how many more Saturday's like this past Saturday I'll be able to take

plus they have been saying for I don't know how long "the signings are coming"...i am tired of this lip service
    I hear you and agree. Its getting painful but I think the long term cautious approach is needed. They do need to make a statement. Hopefully tomorrow.....we will have to see.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather wait (as long as it comes) and have it done right than the knee jerk signings we have become accustomed to (Iro, Graffit, Usanov, Hscanovics, Mista, etc.). I don't want to be made happy today only to be fucking miserable for a whole lot of tomorrows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was really hoping Joey would fire his coach, just to make us seem slightly less insane.
    I don't know how to take John's tweet, what is imminent in this context?

A day, two, the week?
    Holy crap guys, imagine a week and a half before we hear anything.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 07-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro13m
    For what it's worth, I'm told by someone at #TFC that there's nothing imminent regarding announcements about new players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Was really hoping Joey would fire his coach, just to make us seem slightly less insane.
    I don't know how to take John's tweet, what is imminent in this context?

A day, two, the week?
    Holy crap guys, imagine a week and a half before we hear anything.
    I feel sorry for my employer if that's the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Miccoli would join, he is a pure finisher and could have a Di Vaio affect...very similar type player

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm told by someone at #TFC that there's nothing imminent regarding announcements about new players.
    Not surprising. TFC has been a much tighter ship since KP came in. I don't remember any of the Toronto journalist getting any solid info about anyone. Everything we heard came from the other side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to the acquisition of new players, I'm pretty sure that "imminent" has been used on a number of TFC related tweets and posts from journos, quoting TFC officials, over the last little while. I guess the definition of "imminent" is a fluid one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no shit...we just got rid of a ton of players, they have to sign players asap

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    I wish Miccoli would join, he is a pure finisher and could have a Di Vaio affect...very similar type player
    On his way to Lecce, apparently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    lol no shit...we just got rid of a ton of players, they have to sign players asap
    Perhaps not, are there others who think that this may in fact be a house cleansing prior to announcing the sale of the team?