Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.. of the 10 times he was rolling around on the ground, 8 were genuine... Hes going to have to spend the next week in an ice bath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    He's a diving c**t.... No room for that on the team.. I used to like Yourassowsky but now am growing to hate him..

I feel like flipping a car over and lighting it on fire.
    Too soon.. too soon...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who wants to tell me I'm being too negative now?

Someone in my section tried to start a fucking wave today, just as we were about to get scored upon.

I hope CBlake had a "fun gameday experience" today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I saw the same thing too. The wave . . . shivers, I'd rather barf chilli fries through my nose (again).

Was this the section where they seat the parents / kids who are the mascots and hold the Scotts turf signs?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ^ I saw the same thing too. The wave . . . shivers, I'd rather barf chilli fries through my nose (again).

Was this the section where they seat the parents / kids who are the mascots and hold the Scotts turf signs?
    I should've been clearer - I'm in 225, this shit started in 227. Then everyone in my section started screaming "this isn't a fucking Jays game." Then Seattle scored.

And to whoever thinks we played "OK" or "determined against a better team," give your head a shake. We were a man up for 40 minutes. We should've buried them. Instead, here we are.

I talked to my rep this week who called me for the first time this season to introduce himself. Aside from his amusing timing, we talked about the season so far. I said I'm 100 pct done and will not renew, and neither will my two friends sitting next to me. He helpfully told me that relocation is usually in November. The more things get worse, the more they stay the same.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A frustrating loss that was typical of TFC this season: do a lot of good things over the course of 90 minutes, make a mistake, and get punished for it.

Take nothing away from Seattle. They are a well-organized team. When they went a man down, they played perfectly (defend in numbers, make it impossible for the opponent to break you down, and go forward with the intent of converting a set piece). If Martina converts, then Seattle has to come out of their shell, and perhaps TFC holds on for the win. This is a young team. They are going to do this. We hope they learn from their mistakes and build off of them.

There are no short-term solutions. The fact that the transfer window might open is of no consequence. If a guy is a "street" free agent in June, there is a good reason for that. A Designated Player signing isn't the final piece of the puzzle. TFC already traded their one player of value (DeRo). Getting some out of contract Euro washout is the last thing TFC needs. Firing the coach won't do any good either. Who is the logical replacement? Is there a successful MLS coach out there who isn't already employed?

It sucks. It's frustrating. But these are the growing pains of an expansion team. Make no mistake, TFC is the third expansion team. Anyone who thought they were playoff contenders this year was fooling themselves.

On the bright side, I think rock bottom was last year. So, nowhere to go but up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, the team's not great. But in all honesty, I'll keep renewing unless they jack the prices again. I'm looking to move seats, I had a really earlier date last time around but didn't end up going.

It's funny, I remember when things were going great, in terms off the field, saying to my friend to wait and see what it's like five years on. I'd prefer the team play better and win games, but I'm not sure I've done anything to deserve it. Despite what people say, the team doesn't suck on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I get a call Wednesday morning from TFC asking me on really short notice if I could write a piece for the game day programme. They were short some content and on short notice I said no problemo.

I go fine...I ask for no money or anything like that, I do what I do, whether it is liked or not as a labour of love.. all I want at the end of the day is to try and share my passion with other fans.

With about a hour's deadline I write an article that describes my experience at the TFC Academy game on May 28th. All I ask from TFC is to if they could, to put my blog address and my Twitter address on the article so I could perhaps open up what I do to other fans that might not be aware of what am a doing.

So I go to the game tonight and I spend the $5 to buy a programme and as I head to 113 I take a look at the article. Not only is my web address and my Twitter address not listed on the piece they even spell my last name wrong.

Not a big deal in the greater scheme of things I suppose but I have to say that personally this little episode and the way TFC lost this game really personally spoke to me about where this club is.

And one other thing that happened last night really spoke to me about where this club finds itself... Even after the 6-2 Philly game the players and coach came to 113 and clapped us and out efforts. Last night... nothing... As soon as the game was over they were gone faster than we were.

I am a pretty disillusioned TFC fan tonight.
    Last edited by bgnewf; 06-19-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soolsma has the worst touch ever. I don't really get the hype over Cordon, he shown nothing except a nice dribble here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw one thing tonight; a lot of play makers and not enough finishers. Good effort all around. Can't wait for that transfer window and some magic from Mariner. Henry is raw skill, boys got a bright future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    The team didn't even head up to the corner at the end. How anyone can say anything positive now is beyond me. Shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I was offended that none of the players had the fuckin bollocks to applaud the south stand tonight.
    Disgraceful
    Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Even after the 6-2 Philly game the players and coach came to 113 and clapped us and out efforts. Last night... nothing... As soon as the game was over they were gone faster than we were.
    I am a pretty disillusioned TFC fan tonight.
    this, this, and this

and plata has to stop grabbing the ball for set pieces, he rushes it and fucks it up everytime ... we lost so many battles, gave away so many balls, and failed to support the attack from the midfield so many times ... and montero really swung that ball nicely around the wall, but i gotta question frei's placement of the wall, could've used one more body on the short side

good tailgate pregame and great support in the south east corner ... surprised the team just walked off without even a nod to the supporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    surprised the team just walked off without even a nod to the supporters
    Not a cheery mood. They are pissed off more than we are at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 2007 and 2008 I never expected much from this team, and it was fun to go to the games, bmo was the place to be in Toronto if you were a fan of soccer. Lots of hope and promise. However, a lingering issue was always the ownership by this team by the worst performing sports entertainment private corporation in north america. Now, years later, with a club sporting the worst win loss record in its five year history at the mid season mark, having traded away their only exciting player, having yet another rookie manager at the helm.....that worry about mlse continues: they subscribe to the money generating theory that losing with the hope of winning brings more fans to the stadium than a team that wins trophies and the high expectations that come with that. No wonder so many pro teams lose fan interest and money in the years following championship runs. This is not new. MLSE with the leafs, the raptors and tfc cannot win a fucking game, but they know how to scrape a coin off the sidewalk.....negative post, or realistic post? We should write a new chant: This is your house, enjoy your stay, you come to play, we come to pay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it that when we get a free kick that the team seems to fight over who takes it.Both plata and steph. strike a ball about as hard as a under 10 player.If either one could strike the ball they would both have a few more goals.I am sure glad Garcon was put on to tie the game up in the last couple minutes.Why don`t they put him on the bus and send him to Edmonton.Frei goes and chews out the official because he doesn`t think it was a foul that resulted in a goal when he should of chewed out a few of his teammates for diving.I am getting tiried of listening to that annoucer that keeps talking about he needs somm treatment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    yourassowsky needs to STOP diving
    its not his diving that pisses me off...its his knack of complaining to the officials until he gets carded when a call doesn't go his way that chaps me arse!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J View Post
    I disagree. Yourassowsky, Soolsma, and Stevanovic all love to run into the box (and subsequently fall over and try to draw a foul). I'd rather see more deadly through passes into the box instead.
    Ok. More like, timing of their runs suck.
    Also, Henry is a solid defender, young, etc. etc., but he needs to learn to pass.
    Henry was also at fault for the foul that gave Seattle the Montero free kick.

And just noticed that it was Hurtado, their best defender that got sent off. And TFC can't break down a bunch of USL/MLS utility defenders (well, except Parke)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And just noticed that it was Hurtado, their best defender that got sent off. And TFC can't break down a bunch of USL/MLS utility defenders (well, except Parke)
    the fact that TFC could only muster 1 chance when Seattle lost thier number 1 defender for almost an entire half is inexcusable!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's brutal Tim. Shameful really. I wish people would realize how one-sided all the loyalty shown to the team really is. It is most certainly not reciprocated and I have to admit, its a big reason why I am so disallusioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That's brutal Tim. Shameful really. I wish people would realize how one-sided all the loyalty shown to the team really is. It is most certainly not reciprocated and I have to admit, its a big reason why I am so disallusioned.
    Very true. Suspect they looked after looking at true blog they decided not to publish the address as it is not a piece of pro-TFC propaganda.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1..
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Very true. Suspect they looked after looking at true blog they decided not to publish the address as it is not a piece of pro-TFC propaganda.
    But they said they would. They called him and asked him to do some work for the company and he gave his terms - very reasonable terms - and they agreed.

And then they ignored their agreement. Which they can do, of course, because it wasn't in writing.

The way this team has been handled will be studied in marketing and management classes for years to come - everything not to do in one package.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    But they said they would. They called him and asked him to do some work for the company and he gave his terms - very reasonable terms - and they agreed.

And then they ignored their agreement. Which they can do, of course, because it wasn't in writing.

The way this team has been handled will be studied in marketing and management classes for years to come - everything not to do in one package.
    FO probably thinks they are doing Tim a favour by 'allowing' to write a piece for the matchday program (5 bucks for the program? WTF)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the double post. I'm not convinced he is diving, or at least diving all or most of the time. He certainly mixes it up physically, seems to let his temper get the better of him though. To bad he doesn't have much of a shot, there where times he had a lot of space in front of goal.
    i rewatched the game... the time the ball went out for a throw-in and he was on the pitch rolling around...blatant dive, he wasn't even touched

^ I think we're in agree to disagree territory here. I think if you go back and look at this game, you'll find that most of the times he was rolling on the ground where genuine.
    even if he dives just one time...its one time too many, and its disgusting, there is no need for it in this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

Oh, I agree with all of this, just staring what I think happened.

They should have checked it out in advance to ensure it was okay. If not, they should have contacted him after and said "We can't publish your blog because.... Can we still publish the article.""

Of course, MLSE will use the classic, oh, it was an oversight/mistake excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We are improving

The back four played extremely well today. Our goalkeeper is top notch. Our problem is we need a creative attacking midfield player and a striker or two.

ITS BETTER FOOTBALL THAN THE LAST FOUR YEARS. So lets be patient and see who they can sign this coming summer.

Be positive . it does not look good for the playoffs right now but with a good signing or two it will make a difference.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No kidding, eh? I don't even want to comment on the game itself becaus any criticism would just be repeating what so many others have said. However, I really think TFC owes Tim an apology. Talk about gratitude. He went out of his way for them. The least they can do is agree to his terms.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    No kidding, eh? I don't even want to comment on the game itself becaus any criticism would just be repeating what so many others have said. However, I really think TFC owes Tim an apology. Talk about gratitude. He went out of his way for them. The least they can do is agree to his terms.
    I'd say yet owe him more than that. They should keep their end of the bargin and publish his blog in a prominent place. I doubt they will though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue is clear isn't it? Winter built the team with DeRo at AM, DeGuz at DM with either Santos or Gordon up front. and two wingers..

the issue we've had is that Santos isn't a AM, and Winter was counting on 12 good goals from DeRo. The issues with DeRo meant he was shipped out, leaving the team without the key piece of scoring and play making flare that it was built around...

Without a proper AM pick up here come the transfer window, we are fucked... If Winter who sadly has shown a lack of adaptability so far needs to end the season strong.

DeGuz shouldn't have his contract extended an another player in the 180-220 range should be brought in that can do the same job, and a skilled full DP AM should be brought in...

But we all know this already... I just track the games at this point... I even offer to work on game day so that I'm not tempted to go out to BMO and be disappointed. I'm sorry I go to a Football game to be entertained, and its not entertaining when you expect to tie or lose, and you don't care about the other team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Yourassowsky, if he gets touched and goes down without flopping around, you know he's getting back up to take someone out. I think it was Montero who took him out in the 2nd half, and he immediately got back up and ran right after him and wiped him out, and got a yellow card for it.

That kind of play is just stupid. You spend the entire game flopping around on the ground like you're a trout that's been pulled from a lake, in between bitching at the officials, and then expect that you can blatantly hammer someone without getting called for it? It's just foolish and selfish play.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second half up one man tied 0-0 and we are cheering for a 0-0 game for one fucking point? WOW

Second half up one man and can't score?

It has been 5 years of piss poor results how much more "TIME" do you people (you know who you are) need to admit this team is fucking hurting?

This is like getting hoosed at the gas pumps and know one is speaking up!
    But god fucking forbid ANYONE who is a supporter speak up about the problem without having some people (You know who you are) saying that we are not true supporters!!!

TFC=USA both problems can relate to the "T"

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads!!!