Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    great now take into account who Barrett is playing with (service wise) along with the fact that he was going to cost us 300 (or maybe it was 200)k. no room for him at the inn, sorry (and i dont mind)
    The numbers show Chad Barrett had better stats than Maicon Santos while playing with the same players.

I'm not trying to question who is the better player. I like Maicon Santos but he's not the guy to carry this team. Your leading scorer and biggest threat can't be putting up Chad Barrett numbers. It would be one thing if the players around him were contributing in goals, but other than Plata everyone is on cruise control.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    see i dont see it that way, i've gotten more entertainment so far this season then i did last year. i've been loving going to the matches and slowly but surely seeing things fall into place, from tinkering in the lineup to our passing game. seeing what works and what does not. and every game i see more improvement. thats what i look forward to, and thats what entertains me (winning from time to time sure helps though).
    when mo and preki were sent packing at the end of last season i resigned to the idea that this season would be yet another rebuild, but i've been entertained and expect to get more of it as the season progresses and our team grows better and more competitive
    yep, not enthused about ticket prices and glad to hear theyll be the same (too bad they arent dropping) but the overall statement above stands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It's a small thing, but just to correct, Mo and Preki weren't sent packing, "at the end," of last season, they were fired during the season. And it became obvious right away that there was no plan at all about what to do beyond fire those two guys and it took months to get a plan in place. They could have hired Soccer Solutions at any time (even before they fired the GM and coach) and started the changes at any time. This season did not have to be the write-off it is. But we accept it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, but im not sure if they would have approached soccer solutions if they were not left scrambling. anyone know to what extent they are involved with the club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That's kind of my point - four seasons in and they were still scrambling and we still accept it and say, well, now they're doing better. But maybe they just hired different front men and they're actually doing the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps, but i try not to speculate on that, i can only go by what i see on the pitch yknow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett is not missed and can be considered a not good striker -- that there is any room for discussion or comparisons between him and Santos does not reflect well on Santos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maicon has 5 goals this year. Considering he got stuck playing a new position for a little while and he's also had limited playing time at times really not too bad at all. Just check who's around him and under him on MLSSoccer.com and you'll see he's pretty good bang for his buck.

He's obviously on track to score 10-15 goals this year. If winter keeps him as a striker he'll get there.

How exactly is this a bad thing?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    ^ It's a small thing, but just to correct, Mo and Preki weren't sent packing, "at the end," of last season, they were fired during the season. And it became obvious right away that there was no plan at all about what to do beyond fire those two guys and it took months to get a plan in place. They could have hired Soccer Solutions at any time (even before they fired the GM and coach) and started the changes at any time. This season did not have to be the write-off it is. But we accept it.
    What, if anything, would Winter and Co. have been able to accomplish if they'd took over the club toward the end of last season ? Would they have fared any better than Dasovich ? Unlikely.

The double-firing of Johnston and Preki was probably motivated largely by the unrest of the supporters. MLSE hadn't planned for it, so had no solution in place other than moving a guy up to take over the interim mantle. Regardless of what you think of him, Daso would've kept the club going in the direction it was moving in.

The route MLSE ended up taking, while admitting they needed help, shows some degree of thought at least. Not wanting just to sign any available candidate. Bringing in a management team that will develop a style and look for players best suited to that style shows some vision.

Doing anything any differently than the way it has played out, IMO (talking about events since toward the end of last year), would have been erroneous.

At least if you step back and look at the big picture you can see we're going somewhere.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, Torontofc.ca added a highlight reel of the first half of the season.

Best part? It's only 39 seconds long.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...tid=-2&id=3128

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Oddly enough, Torontofc.ca added a highlight reel of the first half of the season.

LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    What, if anything, would Winter and Co. have been able to accomplish if they'd took over the club toward the end of last season ? Would they have fared any better than Dasovich ? Unlikely.

The double-firing of Johnston and Preki was probably motivated largely by the unrest of the supporters. MLSE hadn't planned for it, so had no solution in place other than moving a guy up to take over the interim mantle. Regardless of what you think of him, Daso would've kept the club going in the direction it was moving in.

The route MLSE ended up taking, while admitting they needed help, shows some degree of thought at least. Not wanting just to sign any available candidate. Bringing in a management team that will develop a style and look for players best suited to that style shows some vision.

Doing anything any differently than the way it has played out, IMO (talking about events since toward the end of last year), would have been erroneous.

At least if you step back and look at the big picture you can see we're going somewhere.

Yes, going somewhere, there is a goal in mind and a direction. And we have to have faith that it's an attainable goal for an MLS team. It really all comes down to the ability of the team to sign the players, right? So let's hope they can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post

Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE NOT JOKING!

One of the 'Highlights of the 1st Half of the Season' was an open 6-foot completed pass... WTF?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems completely accurate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    HOLY SHIT YOU'RE NOT JOKING!

One of the 'Highlights of the 1st Half of the Season' was an open 6-foot completed pass... WTF?
    You can't make this stuff up folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have 2 F***ING wins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    We have 2 F***ING wins!
    If they did a TV special covering those, it would be a 8-hour epic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the question I have is if the boys start playing better in the second half of the season with longer breaks between games (the first 11 games are all in a short period they've player twice a week every week almost since the beginning of the season) And by the end of the season we don't have our annual we totally fucked the dog and dropped a ton of points blow out, will everyone be satisfied?

The talent is there, the ability is there, when they all come out to play they can actually do well, but they don't not for the full 90, and Winter needs to get them to do that, and they need to get themselves to do that. That is what we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Now the question I have is if the boys start playing better in the second half of the season with longer breaks between games (the first 11 games are all in a short period they've player twice a week every week almost since the beginning of the season)
    This is the main reason I believe for the meltdown on saturday, fatigue.