Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Packs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The massive price difference from top to bottom of BMO hurts sales of the expensive tickets alot IMO. Frankly, I don't see what is so much better about tickets 20 yards further up the field. Seating at BMO is very good from almost all angles especially in second tier of the west side, so why bother spending more for little return? I virtually always go with 2nd tier light grey, and sometimes medium grey.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record TFC season tickets were never boasted by the club to hit 18,000 and it is more likely in fact that the overall number is down. The club announced they would extend the available season tickets from 16000 to 18000 but never reached the 18k goal mark, instead (not sure why) after some time they announced they were capping season tickets and that they were no longer available.

Based on pure speculation, I'd say were closer to 15000 than 16000 this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that seemed available by the end were Dark Grey and Light Blue. Hard to say how much Dark Grey was available - but they did manage to move some Light Blue - which were all new.

My guess would be somewhere around 17,000. Though Partial Pack sales are down - though all that was left there was Dark Grey and Light Blue.

My guess is that there are actually more sold tickets per game from seasons and packs then there were last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the low end, you can get a cheaper ticket to see the Raptors, Jays, and same-ish price for Leafs.
    ("Cheapies" for the so-called premium games for TFC are more than minimum for Leafs, too.)

The Raps, Jays and Leafs play in the world's biggest leagues of their respective sports.

Sure TFC has fewer home games, but it's asinine . . .
    Last edited by GBV; 04-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the dark/light blues are just such shit value. I'm right in the wheelhouse of someone who would buy a partial pack but I'm balking at the price and instead just buying 1 game at a time on the RPB ticket trader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scalpers were selling below face value this past Saturday. I'd guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will have no qualms about getting below cost tickets from scalpers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a season ticket holder in section 106 row 31. The face value on the tickets was $48, but I can't remember exactly how much the season tickets cost. I think it was about $1,700 for a pair.

I love soccer, but TFC doesn't provide good value anymore.

The team is in a shambles on the field.

It seems that TFC treats its players poorly

I can't believe what they did to Dero & Dicchio a few years ago.

I wasn't happy with the slow service & high prices at the concession stands.

I would be interested in the flex packs once the team is properly managed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a crazy thought. Buy us a world class striker so we can start winning some games and generating interest beyond the stagnate loyal fan base. We just lost our top scorer last week for fucks sake.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Scalpers were selling below face value this past Saturday. I'd guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will have no qualms about getting below cost tickets from scalpers

I was offered a pair for half price of face value, will b thinking long and hard before renewing next year if they dont reduce STH prices. Still want and will go to a majority of games, but maybee at half the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Bierne is a genius, now lets close the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    .. reduce STH prices. .
    I concur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just noticed those 5 game flex pack purchases come with a direct move onto gold list ... how many people were forced to buy marlies tix in years past to get there? i've balked at that for past 3 years until this year i bought a partial pack in 110 because they finally dropped the marlies bundle, and now they've lowered the bar even further

funny thing is they gave me some marlies tix with the partial pack this year, and i gave em away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this would bring back the lost bodies to bmo,something has to come orr it will only get worse and the golden goose that was tfc will be dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ raising prices during a rebuilding phase, MLSE sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    I'm not staying away because my interest has gone. I am staying away because of the price increase. I suspect there are a few more like me.
    I am in the same boat. I refuse to pay these prices. I can get tickets practically free from scalpers on game day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched every game since day one but I have gone to less and less games each year to the point that this season I just dropped my partial ticket package.

MLSE seems to have banked on the fantasy that people were going to treat TFC season tickets like Maple Leaf season tickets. Like a family heir loom that can't be let go of, no matter how bad the team is.

They must be shocked to find out that a team with 5 miserable years of existence doesnt command the same reverence as a hockey team in the best league in the world, with roughly a century of history in the city.

I always laugh when I see the north stand all but empty.

I am happy to just attend Canadian National Team games at BMO. Their tickets may be overpriced, but at least they dont expect me to buy their overpriced ticket more than once a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching the Red Bulls game hi-lights and couldn't believe how many empty seats they had on camera. They list their attendance at 13,664 how can that be? New stadium, Thierry Henry and De Ro's debut? Is the whole league struggling? Because at 18,000 a week we look pretty good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next they'll be packaging tickets with a hotdog!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I watched every game since day one but I have gone to less and less games each year to the point that this season I just dropped my partial ticket package.

MLSE seems to have banked on the fantasy that people were going to treat TFC season tickets like Maple Leaf season tickets. Like a family heir loom that can't be let go of, no matter how bad the team is.

They must be shocked to find out that a team with 5 miserable years of existence doesnt command the same reverence as a hockey team in the best league in the world, with roughly a century of history in the city.

I always laugh when I see the north stand all but empty.

I am happy to just attend Canadian National Team games at BMO. Their tickets may be overpriced, but at least they dont expect me to buy their overpriced ticket more than once a year.
    I hoping that someone in the FO comes to their senses so that gentleman like yourself can return BMO on a semi regular basis.

I decided to give up my tickets this year, but my job situation improved so I managed to get my hands on tickets again. I still have fun, but I'm in the cheapest section in the stadium. (southend)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Next they'll be packaging tickets with a hotdog!
    Almost guaranteed...MGD guys night out with a drink, hot dog and a t-shirt...

I find it pretty sad not to see the stadium as filled and the team not as hot a ticket but I guess since I am a season ticket holder it didn't matter too much to me about ticket availability since I always had mine. If I wasn't a STH then I would be happy at the turn of events just so that I could get a game here and there without an issue. The raising ticket prices really killed them since they got too cocky too fast. The product on the field struggled and the mixed feelings really toned down the support even in the supporters section I find. Without the supporter section really rocking the atmosphere dies off a bit and then the more casual fan's experience becomes just the game on the field which at times ain't pretty. It is a downward spiral that they started. They need to come out and say "we screwed up" again and say forget the price freeze we are going to reduce the prices. Unless we win the cup it will be the only way renewals will have a chance IMO. I will hold onto my season seats for a little longer since I love going still but it gets less tempting to front all the money at once when I can pick and choose tickets to each game that people are selling now for below face value. Guess we will see what they decide at the end of the year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Paul Bierne is a genius, now lets close the thread.
    lol. I'm happy for the people this move benifits and sorry for those who have to decide whether or not to purchase.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Sanitized the support outside of of the supporters sections in an effort to attract more ACC types.

Yup, thats a big part of it too. Let people be football fans, and you have a market differentiation from the other teams in the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AppRedDevil View Post
    I was watching the Red Bulls game hi-lights and couldn't believe how many empty seats they had on camera. They list their attendance at 13,664 how can that be? New stadium, Thierry Henry and De Ro's debut? Is the whole league struggling? Because at 18,000 a week we look pretty good.
    sure, no new stadium and no henry/dero ... but 7,000-something in new england on the weekend.
    ouch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah, just got the email.

Nice to see the organization eating a little crow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    hah, just got the email.

Nice to see the organization eating a little crow.
    which email?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    which email?
    I would assume about flex packs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged