Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't get is why people have to piss on someone's idea. He is not trying to force you to go. If you don't want to go/think it's a terrible idea then great, but keep it to yourself.

He didn't ask 'who is not up for sending them off and tell me why the idea sucks', he asked who would like to go. The aggressive negativity around here is a bit of turn off sometimes and I think it discourages people from being positive and wanting to show their support in what may be unpopular ways. (i.e. like sending them off)

If you are a true supporter (and who cares what they do in Europe?) then I think there is merit in seeing off the team, even to a training session. Suppose certain prospective players are on the fence about joining the team. Perhaps they would be more inclined to do so/play well if they got a pre-seaon boost from the supporters. Maybe they wouldn't, but I see no benefit in shouting down people who have positive ideas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    What I don't get is why people have to piss on someone's idea. He is not trying to force you to go. If you don't want to go/think it's a terrible idea then great, but keep it to yourself.

He didn't ask 'who is not up for sending them off and tell me why the idea sucks', he asked who would like to go. The aggressive negativity around here is a bit of turn off sometimes and I think it discourages people from being positive and wanting to show their support in what may be unpopular ways. (i.e. like sending them off)

If you are a true supporter (and who cares what they do in Europe?) then I think there is merit in seeing off the team, even to a training session. Suppose certain prospective players are on the fence about joining the team. Perhaps they would be more inclined to do so/play well if they got a pre-seaon boost from the supporters. Maybe they wouldn't, but I see no benefit in shouting down people who have positive ideas.

kettle....pot...you know the rest. Why is it that a simple difference of opinion, with some personal context, is now considered pissing on an idea.

And the idea of a true supporter is a non starter. If we've learnt nothing else in 4 years we should know this by now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartdero View Post
    kettle....pot...you know the rest. Why is it that a simple difference of opinion, with some personal context, is now considered pissing on an idea.

And the idea of a true supporter is a non starter. If we've learnt nothing else in 4 years we should know this by now
    What? When have I ever been needlessly negative on this board? Is calling for a stop to needlessly negative statements now considered being negative?

The thread creator was asking if anyone wanted to send off the players.

How are these comments a simple difference of opinion?:

"Is this a joke?"

"What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !"

How is that not pissing on the idea?

And how is "the idea of a true supporter is a non starter" even relevant? The thread is asking for like minded people to get together to support our players before they even do anything. It is a fresh start to a new season.

I have nothing against differences of opinion or even sniping at people, but this kind of thread has no place for it. Negativity is only going to discourage like minded people from getting together. It serves no other purpose except for the selfish gratification of people with nothing better to do but piss on someone's idea.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave44 View Post

was this really necessary?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? When have I ever been needlessly negative on this board? Is calling for a stop to needlessly negative statements now considered being negative?

The thread creator was asking if anyone wanted to send off the players.

How are these comments a simple difference of opinion?:

"Is this a joke?"

"What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !"

How is that not pissing on the idea?

And how is "the idea of a true supporter is a non starter" even relevant? The thread is asking for like minded people to get together to support our players before they even do anything. It is a fresh start to a new season.

I have nothing against differences of opinion or even sniping at people, but this kind of thread has no place for it. Negativity is only going to discourage like minded people from getting together. It serves no other purpose except for the selfish gratification of people with nothing better to do but piss on someone's idea.

you're taking all of this too seriously. none of this matters. let whatever be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, the Toronto police have nothing to do with the Red leaving for Turkey. Let's drop it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does matter.

I may not have agreed with the idea, but I did not feel the need to grind it under my boot either. If someone wants to have fun why do so many people want to discourage it? Sad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does matter.

I may not have agreed with the idea, but I did not feel the need to grind it under my boot either. If someone wants to have fun why do so many people want to discourage it? Sad.

youre projecting the negative as a standard man, no need for that. Way more people have been for the idea than against it. And those against it are individuals, not organized groups. And this is a discussion board, where things are to be discussed. there isn't a cry against this idea. just ignore those you dont want to read, don't banish them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread needs more (as its already been derailed)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now for a more serious comment - the approach is correct and is the right mentality of a supporter. Unfortunately I as well as I'm sure many others have yet to get over their pessimism of this team at the current time and its hard to think of just the badge at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartdero View Post
    youre projecting the negative as a standard man, no need for that. Way more people have been for the idea than against it. And those against it are individuals, not organized groups. And this is a discussion board, where things are to be discussed. there isn't a cry against this idea. just ignore those you dont want to read, don't banish them.
    You say this is a discussion board where things are to be discussed, but then advise him to essentially ignore the people he vehemently disagrees with, and to "let whatever be" (early frontrunner for my "unintentionally hilarious sentence of the year" award). I also haven't seen him demand "banishment" of anyone.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    You say this is a discussion board where things are to be discussed, but then advise him to essentially ignore the people he vehemently disagrees with, and to "let whatever be" (early frontrunner for my "unintentionally hilarious sentence of the year" award). I also haven't seen him demand "banishment" of anyone.

- Scott
    Also taking it too seriously man. And let whatever be isn't unintentional. That was fully intended

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That would be the post season party. This is seeing them off to school.
    well done....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    this thread needs more (as its already been derailed)

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pic would make a great SIGN AT BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^Sorry. No quitting any time soon. I like this.

You get that people aren't going down there to cheer the FO, right? It's players that people want to show support for. I applaud them if they get off their ass to show it. I mean, the folks that get down there will only miss a couple of hours of internet posting. To me that makes it worth it.
    I thought it's about the badge, not the individual players?

This roster isn't even close to being set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a team must start from its fans, because if we stop being who we are, we will never be able to overcome obstacles. I know everyone is disappointed with the team, but as far as I see it, Toronto FC has just become a brand new team, each and every year we have a chance to be the best club, but we cannot let our teams deficits and losses get in our way. Lets stand up and cheer the reds whenever we can. I believe we have a chance only if we pull together as one
    Last edited by gracos; 01-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sooooooooo i guess nobody's going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    sooooooooo i guess nobody's going?
    I showed up, but nobody else did!!!!

Here's a pic I took of the academy players chilling before the flight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, credit to CBlake for the idea. I would've been down to go if we had a bit of a group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post
    I showed up, but nobody else did!!!!

Here's a pic I took of the academy players chilling before the flight.

weak form dude, i saw that on DeRo's facebook half an hour ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    weak form dude, i saw that on DeRo's facebook half an hour ago.
    Oh man, you called my bluff!

LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ lolll it was that pic that drove me to this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lololol, I couldn't agree more. This suggestion is a joke. What have they done to deserve anything other than a nod if I happened to bump into one of them in public? I would feel like a pathetic fool doing this, in fact embarrassed just imagining it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Get off your high horse.
    I cheer for them at the games. Not boarding a plane to some far off place 2 months before a seasons starts. Half the guys won't be around come March 19.
    Nice how you single me out while others have also said that nothing has been accomplished. So after 4 yrs of bullshit why go send someone off for TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuck I haven't heard of that in Europe(waay more hard core supporters there) so don't questioning the manner in ways I don't wish to show support or do wish to show it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this thread should be renamed, "The Bon Voyage" Thread, because 85% of this squad will be cut after Winter gets to see what the team has signed over the years.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    I thought it's about the badge, not the individual players?

This roster isn't even close to being set.
    Yep it's about the badge. The players were wearing that badge at the airport.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Average Temp 15 low 5 - Not Bad...Not beach weather.

Here is some Pics:

Antayla's Ataturk Stadium

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fou...qlink_st_14day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleo from Partizan Belgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will partizan play there starting XI????