TFC Sutton Greg GK 150,000.00
    TFC Ricketts Rohan M 200,004.00
    TFC Vitti Pablo M-F 288,000.00
    TFC Guevara Amado M 300,000.00
    TFC Gerba Ali F 144,996.00
    TFC Martinez Miguel "Mista" F 968,736.00
    TFC de Guzman Julian M 1,670,796.00

*TFC DeRosario Dwayne M 443,750.00*

Toronto has a history of overpaying for under-preforming players...why would you go cheap now on a guy that is your top goal scorer and most talented player? Doesn't make sense....pay the guy what he deserves and in comparison to what we have dished out past and present he deserves a lot more than what hes making now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yeah.

Who cares the team was 5-6-0 in games when he scored? And that he went missing with no offensive production from June 5th to August 21st? And he ended that drought netting one in a 4-1 loss to NY on August 21st and then went missing again until September 18th? And that at least 6 of his goals came in games in which we lost, many by margins more than 2?
    This issue there is not a Dero one -- the team was built with almost zero capacity beyond him. A team has to have multiple scoring options, not the whole thing sitting on one man's shoulders.

Him scoring in games that we lost highlights the problem. He is the best player we have had -- and I think it is keeping in the hysterical nature of the internet to turn on him in this manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.

Who cares the team was 5-6-0 in games when he scored? And that he went missing with no offensive production from June 5th to August 21st? And he ended that drought netting one in a 4-1 loss to NY on August 21st and then went missing again until September 18th? And that at least 6 of his goals came in games in which we lost, many by margins more than 2?
    Agreed, if DeRo doesn't score in every game then he has screwed TFC over. I also had no idea a goal scored in a defeat isn't worth as much as a goal scored in a win, is a goal not just a goal? Are goals scored by players not included in their end of season tally if they were scored in games that they lose? Is that rule just for DeRo or is this world wide?

Also is it not quite logical that he would score more goals when the team were doing well as he would have had more chances? Is it not more difficult to score when your team is on a losing streak as forwards usually rely on support and service from their midfield?

Lastly are we also now blaming DeRo for when we concede more than two goals a game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

TFC Cunningham Jeffrey F 220,000.00
    One of highest goal scorer in MLS history... BEFORE joining TFC
    TFC Welsh Andrew M 195,000.00
    All European players are more expensive to sign, even Welsh who had a pretty good playing resume. Oh, and he was signed in year 1
    TFC O'Brien Ronnie M 240,000.00
    I dunno why you think ROB was overpaid, considering he ran year 1 offence. Remember how TFC couldn't score a goal after ROB went down to an injury?
    TFC Ruiz Carlos F 350,000.00
    See Cunty
    TFC Sutton Greg GK 150,000.00
    Sutton did well enough, considering how shitty TFC defence was in year 1 and 2. Whether he's worth 150k is questionable, but then again, with domestic and international player cap, you're going to pay in order to find a decent Canadian GK in MLS, to not to take up an int spot.
    TFC Ricketts Rohan M 200,004.00
    Again, another player with good playing resume, played at highest level in England.
    TFC Guevara Amado M 300,000.00
    If you thought Guevara was overpaid... well, let's just say while I'm not a big fan of his inconsistency, he can play. And former MLS MVP to boot
    TFC Gerba Ali F 144,996.00
    Scored bucket loads of goals for Canada, and scored lots of goals for his previous club before coming to TFC
    TFC Martinez Miguel "Mista" F 968,736.00
    Played at highest level in Spain with good scoring record. Nobody knew that he was going to be totally out of shape, and no heart to play in MLS
    TFC de Guzman Julian M 1,670,796.00
    Same with Mista

It's easy to say after we had a look at a player for a while to say that he's not worth his salary. That's fine. But before making those comments, consider what the player had done, and potential to do for TFC before signing for TFC.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    Agreed, if DeRo doesn't score in every game then he has screwed TFC over. I also had no idea a goal scored in a defeat isn't worth as much as a goal scored in a win, is a goal not just a goal? Are goals scored by players not included in their end of season tally if they were scored in games that they lose? Is that rule just for DeRo or is this world wide?

Also is it not quite logical that he would score more goals when the team were doing well as he would have had more chances? Is it not more difficult to score when your team is on a losing streak as forwards usually rely on support and service from their midfield?

Lastly are we also now blaming DeRo for when we concede more than two goals a game?
    Oh no, we aren't blaming DeRo at all. Isn't the argument that he gets all the credit for being our best player, scoring something like 50% of our goals? Wherever would we be without DeRo?

The way this debate apparently goes is that the team is shit without DeRo but with him, it's still shit just not the part of the pitch he plays on. When we win, it is inspite of the shit and all because of DeRo. When we lose, well even DeRo can't make good things come from shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

One of highest goal scorer in MLS history... BEFORE joining TFC

All European players are more expensive to sign, even Welsh who had a pretty good playing resume. Oh, and he was signed in year 1

I dunno why you think ROB was overpaid, considering he ran year 1 offence. Remember how TFC couldn't score a goal after ROB went down to an injury?
    See Cunty
    Sutton did well enough, considering how shitty TFC defence was in year 1 and 2. Whether he's worth 150k is questionable, but then again, with domestic and international player cap, you're going to pay in order to find a decent Canadian GK in MLS, to not to take up an int spot.
    Again, another player with good playing resume, played at highest level in England.
    If you thought Guevara was overpaid... well, let's just say while I'm not a big fan of his inconsistency, he can play. And former MLS MVP to boot

Scored bucket loads of goals for Canada, and scored lots of goals for his previous club before coming to TFC

Played at highest level in Spain with good scoring record. Nobody knew that he was going to be totally out of shape, and no heart to play in MLS

Same with Mista

It's easy to say after we had a look at a player for a while to say that he's not worth his salary. That's fine. But before making those comments, consider what the player had done, and potential to do for TFC before signing for TFC.
    I don't think it takes 20/20 vision to see that several of these players would have been flops prior to their arrival...just because someone has a European pedigree doesn't justifying overpaying to secure them...Ricketts played what under 100 games in England in 7 years scoring 2 goals..ROB was probably one of the biggest flops in recent memory of the game prior to arriving to the MLS, just ask Juventus. Mista had 5 goals in his last 4 years in Spain. Gerba has been moved 15 times in 10 years that says enough about his character in my opinion to stay away. Just because they have played in Europe doesn't mean you should overpay for their services, Mo did this way too often, and I hope the new regime isn't tempted by past resumes or youth careers like MoJo was and you apparently are.
    Last edited by TFC14; 01-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I declare this issue dead !!!!

It's not over until the media has a go at DeRo, and he either clears things up or refuses to comment.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC14 View Post
    I don't think it takes 20/20 vision to see that several of these players would have been flops prior to their arrival...just because someone has a European pedigree doesn't justifying overpaying to secure them...

It is still general rule that you will pay higher wage for someone from Europe compared to career MLSer.
    Ricketts played what under 100 games in England in 7 years scoring 2 goals..

Ricketts is also a winger. Wingers don't generally score a lot of goals. Ricketts was also playing for Wolverhampton Wolves in Championship before falling out of favour.
    ROB
    was probably one of the biggest flops in recent memory of the game prior to arriving to the MLS, just ask Juventus.
    ROB was still one of better wingers in MLS prior to arrival in Toronto for 4 years.
    Mista had 5 goals in his last 4 years in Spain.
    And just how many MLS strikers can get a sniff at playing in La Liga again? Mista may have not scored much in La Liga, but TFC was hoping that he could revitalize his scoring touch at TFC and find his Valencia form again. It was a gamble.
    Gerba has been moved 15 times in 10 years that says enough about his character in my opinion to stay away.
    Gerba was an another gamble... and his scoring record doesn't lie.

Just because they have played in Europe doesn't mean you should overpay for their services, Mo did this way too often, and I hope the new regime isn't tempted by past resumes or youth careers like MoJo was.
    I will say this again. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY PAY MORE FOR SAME CALIBRE OF PLAYER FROM EUROPE THAN THOSE WHO PLAY IN MLS.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, we aren't blaming DeRo at all. Isn't the argument that he gets all the credit for being our best player, scoring something like 50% of our goals? Wherever would we be without DeRo?

The way this debate apparently goes is that the team is shit without DeRo but with him, it's still shit just not the part of the pitch he plays on. When we win, it is inspite of the shit and all because of DeRo. When we lose, well even DeRo can't make good things come from shit.

Well -- for certain with the current group of players we would have scored a lot less goals without Dero.

Dero is a proven quality player -- having won multiple awards within this league, and having won cups as well. Dero scored goals (most of our goals in the league) and cannot be blamed for the teams overall performance.

Dero is without a doubt the best player we have -- but cannot be blamed for the team being shit. He, and Frei, are the only two have contributed to preventing the team from getting shitter. Imagine what last season would have been like without Frei keeping the ball out of out net so many times, and Dero scoring 50% of the goals...? They are the only two players that have prevented TFC from being exposed as a complete joke (instead they were exposed as only a partial joke).

Give the guy a break -- and perhaps even a thank you...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    [/B]
    It is still general rule that you will pay higher wage for someone from Europe compared to career MLSer.

[/B]Ricketts is also a winger. Wingers don't generally score a lot of goals. Ricketts was also playing for Wolverhampton Wolves in Championship before falling out of favour.
    [B]ROB was still one of better wingers in MLS prior to arrival in Toronto for 4 years.And just how many MLS strikers can get a sniff at playing in La Liga again? Mista may have not scored much in La Liga, but TFC was hoping that he could revitalize his scoring touch at TFC and find his Valencia form again. It was a gamble.

Gerba was an another gamble... and his scoring record doesn't lie.

I will say this again. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY PAY MORE FOR SAME CALIBRE OF PLAYER FROM EUROPE THAN THOSE WHO PLAY IN MLS.
    I never argued the point of paying more for European players..........I would rather see young North American players in these spots for half the cap hit. Developing Canadian and American players is important to expand the sport on this continent...your justifying overspending for these European wash-ups, I'm using these mistakes as an example to justify paying De Rossario what he deserves now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    Well -- for certain with the current group of players we would have scored a lot less goals without Dero.

Dero is a proven quality player -- having won multiple awards within this league, and having won cups as well. Dero scored goals (most of our goals in the league) and cannot be blamed for the teams overall performance.

Dero is without a doubt the best player we have -- but cannot be blamed for the team being shit. He, and Frei, are the only two have contributed to preventing the team from getting shitter. Imagine what last season would have been like without Frei keeping the ball out of out net so many times, and Dero scoring 50% of the goals...? They are the only two players that have prevented TFC from being exposed as a complete joke (instead they were exposed as only a partial joke).

thank a guy for being a douche? just because he's the coolest guy? wow

can DeRo also shit on my face while he's at it?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^(@ Walnut) A thank you? Sure thing - thanks for being a total dick.

January 14th Tweet:

Thanks to all the Celtic supporters, players & coaching staff for making my trip to Scotland pleasant & memorable....

January 17th Tweet:

Damn It's Cold in T.O...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    ^^(@ Walnut) A thank you? Sure thing - thanks for being a total dick.

January 14th Tweet:

Thanks to all the Celtic supporters, players & coaching staff for making my trip to Scotland pleasant & memorable....

January 17th Tweet:

Damn It's Cold in T.O...

Whatever...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Damn It's Cold in T.O." - DeRo Returns

http://tinyurl.com/4udfhyg

Why it is imperative that the status & future of Dwayne De Rosario at Toronto FC needs to be addressed as soon as possible for the good of everybody concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post

January 17th Tweet:

Damn It's Cold in T.O...
    If he thinks it's cold now, wait until he's announced at our first home game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, this is ridiculous. Guess what, IT IS ABNORMALLY COLD IN T.O. RIGHT NOW!

If any other TFC player tweeted the same thing everyone would laugh it off or ignore it. As I stated a few pages back, DeRo is a lightning rod for criticism now no matter what he says or does.

This is starting to remind me of the typical argument between husband and wife when the woman misinterprets everything the man says and throws it back at him, LOL!
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 01-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon ... seriously?? We're taking DeRo to task because he tweeted it's cold in TO? Guess what. It is frickn' cold!

I've been oen of the people fervently taking DeRo to task on this whole loan/train/trial debacle and that he should honor his contract. But I think bashing the guy for every tweet is overreaching.

Yes, he should speak on the issue as he still the captain until it's said otherwise. But then again, it seems anything he would say or write at this point would be over analyzed or spun to support someone's position. It might be just best he does not say anything at this point. Just shut up, go to work, do his job well, and hopefully our new management will deal with our players in a more professional manner than what has been shown in the past.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post

I'll end the sarcasm.

As a thank you, the team extended him a 4 year contract in which he is the 3rd highest non-DP in the league. Not bad for a guy that will be 33 before we hit June.

As for all that crap about the team being shit without him, that, respectfully, is crap. With his $375k cap hit, we would have had additional players. Now maybe those guys would have collectively been shit too but since it never happened, you can't make a conclusion that a team without DeRo would be shittier than a team with him.

What we do know is that the team with him hasn't made the playoffs in 2 years. I don't know about you but I'm ready to try something different.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

If any other TFC player tweeted the same thing everyone would laugh it off or ignore it. As I stated a few pages back, DeRo is a lightning rod for criticism now no matter what he says or does...
    Pretty much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    "Damn It's Cold in T.O." - DeRo Returns

http://tinyurl.com/4udfhyg

Why it is imperative that the status & future of Dwayne De Rosario at Toronto FC needs to be addressed as soon as possible for the good of everybody concerned
    Anyone seriously suggesting that Gargan is worthy of a raise can't be taken seriously in my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

If any other TFC player tweeted the same thing everyone would laugh it off or ignore it. As I stated a few pages back, DeRo is a lightning rod for criticism now no matter what he says or does.
    Absolutely true. I wonder why that is?

Hmmm....maybe acting like a douche on the pitch, and then again off it may have a little something to do with it.

IMO, the dude should continue to get ridden hard and put away wet until he's done tossing Scotland's salad, puts the red kit back on and clears the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Anyone seriously suggesting that Gargan is worthy of a raise can't be taken seriously in my books.
    with due respect I disagree. He is no DP but his worth to TFC is more than the $40,000 wage he is on now. His leadership and professionalism needs to be rewarded to the tune of I say 65-70k. He deserves a living wage.

Now back to the DeRo discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Start going to some games then talk to me about supporting a football team
    You mean like the ones i've went to in the last two years, and the two I'll be going to this year, each at the cost of around $1500 per trip?

Next time you're willing to pay 1,500 dollars to see a single TFC game, let me know. I'll gladly invite you to make trips to TFC games with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll end the sarcasm.

As a thank you, the team extended him a 4 year contract in which he is the 3rd highest non-DP in the league. Not bad for a guy that will be 33 before we hit June.

As for all that crap about the team being shit without him, that, respectfully, is crap. With his $375k cap hit, we would have had additional players. Now maybe those guys would have collectively been shit too but since it never happened, you can't make a conclusion that a team without DeRo would be shittier than a team with him.

What we do know is that the team with him hasn't made the playoffs in 2 years. I don't know about you but I'm ready to try something different.
    Sorry -- but what you are saying doesn't really make sense to me. You are saying that the reason the team was / is shit is because of Dero...???

He was holding back all that raw and suppressed talent...like some kind of soccer cancer...?

Dude - MLSE and Toronto FC are two pretty messed up organizations. The issue here is (obviously) with the club and the way it is managed. If Dero left tomorrow rather than play another game for Toronto I wouldn't hold a grudge against him and absolutely no hard feelings. Best of luck to him and shame on us for not holding the clowns who run this club more responsible -- instead of spending $13 on a beer to line their pockets.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mod moment: Tone it down guys (looking at wull specifically - and TFC regina, drop it guys)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean like the ones i've went to in the last two years, and the two I'll be going to this year, each at the cost of around $1500 per trip?

Next time you're willing to pay 1,500 dollars to see a single TFC game, let me know. I'll gladly invite you to make trips to TFC games with me.
    Season ticket holder, I show up rain, hail or shine. it's not some jaunt for me, it's part of my life. I've done it wherever I've lived so I can support the team however I see fit and if booing people who aren't trying or are fucking my club around seems like the right thing to do, I'll do it.

I've never booed Garcia for the record, and if you'd care to check previous posts I even pleaded with others not to either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

mod moment: Tone it down guys (looking at wull specifically)
    Parky, I'm not the one who uttered a homophobic slur at another user. I've kept it strictly on topic until now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket holder, I show up rain, hail or shine. it's not some jaunt for me, it's part of my life. I've done it wherever I've lived so I can support the team however I see fit and if booing people who aren't trying or are fucking my club around seems like the right thing to do, I'll do it.

I've never booed Garcia for the record, and if you'd care to check previous posts I even pleaded with others not to either
    I'd expect nothing less from someone who lives in the same general vicinity of the club.

Don't question my credentials. It takes a lot more to support this club from abroad, when every home game is away.

I stand by my statement that booing any TFC player, De Ro or otherwise is wrong.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand by my statement that booing any TFC player, De Ro or otherwise is wrong.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.
    That's a very different statement from the one you wrote before. It's one I can actually respect without agreeing with it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parky, I'm not the one who uttered a homophobic slur at another user. I've kept it strictly on topic until now

I know.

but really guys, both of you drop it.

TFCRegina - you have nothing to prove. Don't worry about it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\