Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I no longer believe Roogsy is related or friends with DeRo. At this stage, I'm convinced he is DeRo.
    If Dero could argue that eloquently or think that logically we wouldn't be talking about this right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    If Dero could argue that eloquently or think that logically we wouldn't be talking about this right now
    Crafty - you've both complimented and frustrated Roogsy in one sentence.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And if the "delay" doesn't tell you how much TFC is also playing games themselves, I don't know what would. You'd think 2 days later the "routine" paperwork would be done.
    When the paperwork conceivably involves financials and one camp is facing a potential tampering charge while the other has leverage, I'm not sure why anyone thinks this would be routine.

Maybe DeRo's agent thinks it is routine but then again, he thinks he is just there overseeing DeRo trying to stay in shape. Buy him a Bow-Flex for chrissake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but then again routine paperwork for our incoming players has always taken forever to get done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This piece in The Shin Guardian doesn't seem too far off the mark. If you have competent management at TFC, you don't have this situation.

• DeRosario & The Art of War

The oft-quoted Sun Tzu book tells us all we need to know about the DeWayne DeRosario sneaking out the window of his Toronto FC home for a secret rendezvous with the training pitch of Celtic. If you’re not familiar with the latest on the situation, you can check it out here.

No, the quote is not “All war is based upon deception.”

The following is spot-on: “Every battle is won before it is fought.”

First, how did Toronto FC not see this coming. The much publicized check-writing goal celebration in season should have been the final, not first, inclination that a malcontent DeWayne DeRosario was starting–perhaps rightly or wrongly–to put his own well-being and future before the team.

Now this week, DeRosario goes to Celtic. Is that surprising? Be clear on this notion: The whole TFC-DeRo mess began long before this Celtic training row.

The point? Toronto FC should have addressed its star player predicament long before even that negative goal celebration. They had two actions they could take: (1) Work with the player to understand his concerns and try to reach an amicable outcome, that likely would have lea to a Celtic training approval or (2) Accept the player is disgruntled and keep tabs on him as well as look at possibilities for movement…that would have possibly led to a Celtic training approval.

They did neither. Poor move Toronto FC. A reap-what-you-sow sort of thing.

http://theshinguardian.com/2010/12/2...u-bielsa-more/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Crafty - you've both complimented and frustrated Roogsy in one sentence.

- Scott

Sorry mates...from time to time I do have to step away. Dinner with clients tonight. And don't expect much from me tomorrow, I am off to NY. So for the funny guys that take my "silence" as a message, believe me it's not.

Ok so I check in tonight (damn I am addicted to this place) and see there is nothing much new. Hopefully we'll get more news on New Year's Eve. If not, hopefully more concrete facts once DeRo is back and yes, something from the man himself I hope.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ are you going to NY to train or...?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No paperwork was filed so yes...to "train".

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Glad to see someone understands the difference between verbal and written permission

Have fun & travel safe

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might stop by the MLS offices and give them a taste of "Roogsy" in person as well.

Maybe I will frustrate them to death as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC say it's a trial, Celtic say it's a trial. DeRo camp gave a shtick yesterday about it being training cause DeRo doesn't like sitting around blah blah blah.
    I think it's pretty obvious who the lying party is.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stop by the Red Bulls and see if you can convince them to sign Robbo to a DP deal.

He's only 34.

One of MLS's former highest paid non-DPs, he's got a good decade left in 'em doesn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Sorry mates...from time to time I do have to step away. Dinner with clients tonight. And don't expect much from me tomorrow, I am off to NY. So for the funny guys that take my "silence" as a message, believe me it's not.

Ok so I check in tonight (damn I am addicted to this place) and see there is nothing much new. Hopefully we'll get more news on New Year's Eve. If not, hopefully more concrete facts once DeRo is back and yes, something from the man himself I hope.
    Hey you earned your time off this week, I just hope Dero gives vacation pay.

(Kidding obviously. Have a good New Years. You'll be defended in your absence. Dero on the other hand.... uh. Well have a good trip)

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    (Kidding obviously. Have a good New Years. You'll be defended in your absence. Dero on the other hand.... uh. Well have a good trip)
    I think this is the picture in DeRo's Agent's office:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DeRo's mum is running his twitter account...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ^ are you going to NY to train or...?
    Fucken Hilarious!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Through his agent De Rosario has said that he will not be commenting until the trial with Celtic is completed."

i know, i know. mincing words. but serisouly. FML.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he might not be commenting on what we all want him to coment on, but he is still posting drivel in Twitter. Here is what he posted 30 minutes ago.

dwaynederosario
    How are you Celebrating your New Year and Where? Send pics and show me how your celebrating your New Year. Remember be Safe and Enjoy...

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Well he might not be commenting on what we all want him to coment on, but he is still posting drivel in Twitter. Here is what he posted 30 minutes ago.

dwaynederosario
    How are you Celebrating your New Year and Where? Send pics and show me how your celebrating your New Year. Remember be Safe and Enjoy...
    ill send him a pic of me burning anuthing with his name or image on it.. lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tweeted - "Sitting in T.O. and wondering why you're prancing around Scotland in another club's f**king kit."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Niiiiiice.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I tweeted - "Sitting in T.O. and wondering why you're prancing around Scotland in another club's f**king kit."
    LMFAO!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

dwaynederosario
    what a cunt. get rid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwahahaha amazing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know if hes deleting posts? cause all im seeing is pro-dero stuff on his facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw I don't think he's deleteing posts on facebook, my post stayed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great blog from Devos on DeRo and market valuation. Hits the nail on the head, particularly the last section.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jason...ket-value.html

Dero is not underpaid

Look around the league, and ask yourself this question: How many teams would trade for De Rosario and offer him a designated player slot and a seven-figure salary?
    The answer? None.

So in MLS, Dwayne De Rosario is not a million dollar player. He thinks he is because of the ridiculous contracts that were offered to some of his teammates, but that says more about how poorly the club was managed under Mo Johnston than how poorly De Rosario is being paid. In fact, I've had numerous colleagues around the league tell me that they think he is overpaid at $443,750.

MLS is a value-based league, and every team is looking for players who make big contributions at a minimal cost. Just look at San Jose's Chris Wondolowski. He outscored De Rosario - and everyone else in the league this year - and took home just $48,000.

When you compare his salary to De Rosario's, it is pretty clear to see who is underpaid. De Rosario needs to get his head around that - or hope that he can convince Celtic to pay him what no one in MLS will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could choose not to pick the options on his contract! Get rid of the bum at cost ZERO.