View Poll Results: JDG: Do you approve of him as our DP?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

105 33.76%
  • No

206 66.24%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not convinced with De Guzman. He is not the world-beater he was brought in to be. We aren't creating more chances on goal because he's on the pitch and there have been few matches I've seen that I could say, he was "man of the match" worthy.

I don't know, but I think people defend the be-jesus out of him because he's Canadian. I like to think $1.7 million can buy us a better quality player.

If it were up to me ... KICK THE BUM OUT!!!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron95 View Post
    ^^ ummmmmm no he didnt... your name should be Blindtfcfan, cause you were clearly watching a different game
    Let's just agree to disagree. And what's with the verbal attack? Unnecessary I think.

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtfcfan View Post
    Let's just agree to disagree. And what's with the verbal attack? Unnecessary I think.

Not a verbl attack... u just need to take it with a grain of salt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeGuzman is not worth DP money. End of story.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtfcfan View Post
    Not a verbl attack... u just need to take it with a grain of salt
    Let's keep it about the football lads and leave name-calling (or name changing) out of it.

JDG was doing what he does against the best competition he's faced since coming home. I'm not surprised he looked even more frantic on the ball than usual.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

On a positive note, I thought JDG was second best to Cann tonight. Once again did his job to a T. Provided a great outlet, if you notice anytime our full backs had the ball they had JDG as an easy outlet instead of just bombing the ball up to useless space down the field. Also he orchestrated several beautiful give and go's to get the ball out of our half.

Like previous posters said we were limited going forward because of our formation but that was fine for me you. You could see that we sat back but with shape, something we didn't have under preki, he just had everyone stay in our half and that was it.

Obviously the players and JDG got less worried about carrying the ball out of our end for a counter attack and more worried about just getting the ball out. Which is understandable given the situation.
    Agreed. Well stated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrek View Post
    DeGuzman is not worth DP money. End of story.
    AGREED!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Agreed. Well stated.
    nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BeerBaron, I guess your life was pretty boring for you to be checking back in this thread and to continue posting eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No where close to DP worth. He has been terrible since he signed, but maybe he just isnt that good, playing with good players around him in Spain could make me look half decent. I would trade him in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    BeerBaron, I guess your life was pretty boring for you to be checking back in this thread and to continue posting eh

Slow day... figured i would see what other verbal diarrhea continues being spewed in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're delusional... and who said I expected him to run through the whole team?? Cause I know i didnt... he played mediocre at best against a Cruz Azul team that was not even close to playing to their best potential.

Yeah he had no forwards to pass to, but he really hasnt done much all season in that regard anyways.

More lazy and sloppy play from him... its about time some of you guys stop riding this guys di&% and realize he has been a bust since coming here.

Im done with this thread... its only taking up time i shouldnt be wasting on the guy

I agree completely with you hes been a huge disappointment this year compared to what he was able to do in La Liga. Im just saying that I think people expect him to be this great offensive player when hes never been one.

The real problem I think he has is that MLS plays a different game than you see in Europe. Hes looking to move the ball and build up plays, that doesnt happen in this league.

Remember this guy came in as a DEFENSIVE midfielder, and thats what hes turned out to be. He collects the ball from the backline and moves it forward. Like I said when you have White and Ibrahim to pass to and they lose the ball or they cant reach it you look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I agree completely with you hes been a huge disappointment this year compared to what he was able to do in La Liga. Im just saying that I think people expect him to be this great offensive player when hes never been one.

The real problem I think he has is that MLS plays a different game than you see in Europe. Hes looking to move the ball and build up plays, that doesnt happen in this league.

Remember this guy came in as a DEFENSIVE midfielder, and thats what hes turned out to be. He collects the ball from the backline and moves it forward. Like I said when you have White and Ibrahim to pass to and they lose the ball or they cant reach it you look bad.

When you cant even string a pass to these two you look even worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check who put one through to White for our only chance in the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow day... figured i would see what other verbal diarrhea continues being spewed in this thread
    Actually stop posting in this thread and the verbal diarrhea will stop being spewed in here.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent point to bring up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he made 1 pass that can be considered good?? Well even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wow. Montreal Canadiens/ Toronto FC fan -quoting me twice. The same quote.

This isn't a court of law. I asked you a question. I read a name. Fowler. You didn't like it so I asked who you would like instead.

Good point that Roogsy must've brought up JDG. I didn't see that. Someone bringing up JDG.

In a JDG thread.
    What does my choice of nhl team who I decide to cheer for got to do with anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Figures an immature 16 year old would come onto a Toronto board and try and get people started by posting shit like Go Habs Go. As far as I'm concerned you just officially became a troll.
    It's funny that you would call me a troll when in fact this is redpatchboys.ca of which I am a member. How could I possibly be a troll? I'm a member, you are not. You're the troll. By the way I'm not 16 yrs old smartguy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, get off it. I saw your last response that was deleted. Just end the stupid conversation.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys. I'm with BeerBaron here. I don't see the value of De Guzmán. I think we can find someone for $200 000 that can do a comparable job and we can be spending DP money on someone who can make a real difference.

I stand with what I said before, do people cut him slack because he's Canadian?

I watch matches of Deportivo La Coruña ... they are one of the teams I follow in Spain, I have family in the area. He was a decent player and he helped push up the ball to the attacking midfielders, but here .... he looks like crap. It doesn't make sense.

Either he doesn't give a shit or my reality is warped and MLS is indeed superior to the Spanish league.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Dude, get off it. I saw your last response that was deleted. Just end the stupid conversation.
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    Guys. I'm with BeerBaron here. I don't see the value of De Guzmán. I think we can find someone for $200 000 that can do a comparable job and we can be spending DP money on someone who can make a real difference.

I watch matches of Deportivo La Coruña ... they are one of the teams I follow in Spain, I have family in the area. He was a decent player and he helped push up th eball to the attacking midfielders, but here .... he looks like crap. It doesn't make sense.

Either he doesn't give a shit or my reality is warped and MLS is indeed superior to the Spanish league.
    If MLS is superior, he'll do just fine. It takes TWO players to complete the pass, the passer and receiver. He has either no options or poor options since the team has virtually no off-ball movement to create space (except Mista, DeRo, Barrett and Santos). As a result of no options, he has to hold the ball and play his own disadvantages (not enough height, weight and strength) and get pushed over time and time again; worse, while that's happening, rest of team stood like pylons and watched instead of create an outlet safety pass option for him. Alternatively, under poor options when JDG receives the ball, he has to pass back to the defenders, which during that 5-10 seconds, off-ball movement SHOULD have happened to create spaces so the receiving defender can have better options. Unfortunately, our defenders would either back pass to Frei or long ball it up the field.

He makes mistakes and passed into spaces with through-ball where if our midfield player made a run would connect. Most of them watched it roll by them to the other team.

My opinion of JDG at the moment is that if he's surround by good players, he'll shine. I don't think he accepted the fact he's in MLS and the passion and drive is still not strong enough to consistently put on a good performance.

He's a skilled and talented player with great football IQ; attitude-wise and passion-wise, I can't conclude yet; DP worthy is absolutely not given performance and impact up to date.

My 0.02
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

Interesting. How long would you give him to figure out how to play well in this league consistently?

Sometimes, I think he has one eye on Europe while on the pitch. I don't see enthusiasm from him at all. He's getting paid well, I think he's paid comparable to what he was in La Coruña, so it can't be money.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

Interesting. How long would you give him to figure out how to play well in this league consistently?

Sometimes, I think he has one eye on Europe while on the pitch. I don't see enthusiasm from him at all. He's getting paid well, I think he's paid comparable to what he was in La Coruña, so it can't be money.
    until half of next season.

he joined late last season into a shit show with Mojo vs Carver vs Cummins and being first season in MLS

this season with Preki is also a throw-away as JDG's La Liga style of play and mindset doesn't really fit into Preki's grinding system (to grind out games, you'll need at least 5-6 Dichio sized towers and blue collar guys, Cann, Attakora, Gargan, Barrett come to mind)

last few games with Dasovic, not enough time to tell

so with all these off-pitch drama, i don't see how it help one to mentally adjust and focus on the game without any stability

therefore personally i'd give until half of next season, whoever the coach may be, Dasovic or Coach XYZ
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's fair. Hopefully, he can make guys like me rethink our stance before the end of the season. Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed, he's just been a big disappointment in a team of disappointment. Maybe I embody my frustration as JDG!!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly believe this is the chunk of it Juan...

Another plausible reason is as you mentioned his stint with Deportivo... Im assuming based on posts since he has joined TFC that his previous accomplishments, just like Mista is bias in the love affair with JDG

As mentioned by myself and others... he should come back at a paycut or release him altogether.

im sure you would agree

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never really was impressed right from the beginning.
    Put him (and a half dozen others) in the fucking cornfield Billy.
    KD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He is too fucking small and you can see it on the pitch.
    Every team in the MLS knows he will flick the ball away when he sees some big ass attacker coming at him.
    In Spain? They are not as big. Fact.
    KD.