Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Give our refusal to sign a 3rd DP, I don't think the DP slot matters. Any deal that sees us financially on the hook for all or most of his wages makes no sense on our end, so I just don't buy any loan that doesn't involve us transferring his wages. So I;m very very skeptical about this line of thinking, as I just don't see what we gain (Maybe some cap space I guess to spend on the cap hit his DP slot takes? Is that enough?)

His biggest burden to us is financial, not regulatory, from my perspective
    There was a refusal to sign a third DP under BB. There might already have been a mandate to perform with what you have for now. If you are successful with what you have, we will give you more. If you fail with what you have we will not give you carte blanche to sign a new DP.

The reticence might not have been signing a third DP, it might have been having BB sign one. Once the season was in the tank it makes little sense to make a big name signing until you see what you have with the new coach and what he wanted

If Hernandez can get rid of Berna it will be something of a coup. Unless someone has some insider info saying the purse strings are closed, I won't believe it. MLSE has money to burn. As has been noted before the team salary is a rounding error for them.

The board may be asking certain things of Hernandez, him having to prove competence before being given blank cheques. I am willing to wait and see how this window proceeds. The primary transfer window is open so long. We have got a lot of time yet.

Never forget, they have made around a 7400% increase in the value of the team since purchase. I really don't think eating 10-15 million in salary is a problem.
    Last edited by bought with blo; 01-19-2024 at 02:13 PM.