Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
I am told they have been in touch with Pozuelo and would like to make it work, if they can. Budget is the big issue.

I'm also told his departure was purely Bob's decision, that he did not feel his playing style was a fit with what he wanted to do, and that pretty much everyone else involved in him leaving, including Poz, was crushed by it.
There were so many red flags along the way with Bob. Transactions where we could have waited for better, cheaper, alternatives to come to the forefront. But no, we charged ahead with reckless abandon.

Dumping Auro and Lawrence straight away, signing Kaye for a grossly inflated price, dumping Pozuelo before we even tried to fit him in (or at least waited to get a better price), and probably 5 other things. The targets we had, it seems like our mentality was “this is our guy, this is the way we do it, get onboard with it”

I don’t think Bob was a Preki / Paul Marnier kind of asshole but it seems to me like everything was his vision in a fairly closed context and he wasn’t taking a lot of suggestions or feedback.