Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
It's not just about people in their seats, you have to take into consideration the flow of people on the concourses, getting into the stadium and for that matter the area around the BMO Field. BMO Field presents challenges as many of us know there are train tracks between the the stadium and King Street. That tunnel would be a nightmare. The city would not want anyone going through it in mass. I think the province in partnership with the city will totally err on the side of caution with any sporting events, concerts etc. I think being fully vaccinated will be a requirement to attend at least early on. 25% capacity would be 7,500. I think even at that level someone who wants to go will have no problem getting a ticket, there will a lot of people who would not go anywhere near something like attending a soccer game even during the summer.

By the time the Reds could possibly return in late July/early August the number of fully vaccinated should rise greatly I assume. I really believe caution will be the driving force behind this by all involved. We are not going to see the packed house the Texas Rangers did for their home opener vs. the Jays anytime soon in these parts.
my counterpoint to this is that vaccines work, actually, and if cases are as low as projected by august, the danger of walking in a crowded tunnel around a bunch of other people who have also been vaccinated is not a risk at all.

i bet the first game, maybe 2 will have limited capacity, but would be absolutely shocked if BMO is not full by september.

if it's not full then, basically an admission that we're never having a full bmo field again. vaccine uptake will likely never be as high.