Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
This is where I am.

No way do I think that the people who are upset are “wrong”. We spend more than anyone and are a 500 team. There is plenty to criticize. My personal belief is that Vanney’s Man City infatuation is clouding his judgment- nobody in MLS can be that team.

Vanney btw did the exact same thing he did last night in 2016 and 2017, and it worked.
I agree to the bigger point - Vanney is capable of coaching this team to success. However, the luck we had with depleted lineups in 2017 ended in 2018 and by now he should have learned his lesson. There were a number of things obvious to any students of TFC about that lineup where weaknesses of players were not protected by strengths of others - so much so it was bizarre. It was almost like he said “ you guys are all complaining about minutes. Here you go and good luck with that”

I also think the company line that it was lack of energy at the start is nonsense. It didn’t look that way at the game at all. It was lack of focus and commitment to defense by two or three players; maybe four, at key momenta. And these were players that ahead of time people said “why are you playing them together”

It’s an odd blind spot for Vanney. And he sure looked angry afterwards.