Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redskiesatnight View Post
    I recently had the privilege(?) of sitting through a brand meeting around the MLSE brand and it's properties (sport teams to you and me). While it is true that MLSE likes to give its shareholders a dividend each year, their business model is not driven by looking for efficiencies in paper clips (or TFC DP's). Their business model is to drive up their brand equity. Increasing the share price is their ultimate business goal. This THEY believe is accomplished by having their teams be in the top percentile for each of the respective leagues (read: competing for championships every season). Reducing spending and saving money that way isn't part of the calculus for increasing brand equity (and thus share value). So while they may be adjusting the spending around TFC (although I didn't get this sense from them, in fact all DP's along with VV and Osorio were touted as reasons for continued success), they are still looking for TFC to be a championship team (or championship competitive), so don't believe the "they're cheaping out" hype.

Now whether they can achieve these goals is a whole other discussion. But in terms of incoming players, they aren't looking to spend less, just differently.
    Share price? Dividends? I thought MLSE was a private company. Share distributions to private owners are typically unpublished. either way, I hope you arecorrect.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 02-07-2019 at 03:42 PM.