Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
I think this "apathy" problem you speak of, is really just your own. Last time I checked TFC was the only pro club playing at the highest level of competition in both the US and Canada. So if you're looking to cheer for someone else in this region, you're fucked. Why would you want to though? Are they having a terrible regular season? Sure. Has this club had the most tumultuous 6 years in MLS history? Possibly. Should you bail when the shit hits the fan? Nah. That's not how support works. You pick your colours and you stick with them for life or you're nothing and loyalty means fuck all to you. Having said that, get mad. That's part of supporting as well. Just don't play that "apathy" card. I you do, I'm sure Hearts will appreciate your continued support.
You make some good points and appreciate your enthusiasm...too bad about your condescending attitude. But please forgive me if last night, going out for gelato was potentially more fulfilling than having to endure something like the first half again. And let me say this, please do not drag me into what being a supporter really means.

And by the way, I think you forgot an "f" in your last sentence about the club I have supported since the 1970s.