Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern is about Kerr. He needs to do much better now. Longstaff netting was great. However, on that perfect cross by Spicer that ended up on Bernardeschi’s feet, Kerr gloriously whiffed on the ball with his left first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'm such a big fan of Spicer. He's exactly the kind of decent impact, low cap hit player you need to make the backbone of your squad in MLS,. exactly the kind of player Bez built our cup win around, and exactly the kind of player Bob Bradley would have already traded away for absolutely nothing
    Having speed in the team is completely changing how opponents have to defend us. And I completely agree, this is the type of player we seemingly struggled to find in recent years.

Sort of tracks when you considered we traded top 3 picks in 22 and 23. The pipeline for these guys has to come from somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    My concern is about Kerr. He needs to do much better now. Longstaff netting was great. However, on that perfect cross by Spicer that ended up on Bernardeschi’s feet, Kerr gloriously whiffed on the ball with his left first.
    After missing some of the preseason and all of the first three matches he’s not played much. A half or more only a few times and never a full match. He probably just needs to play more.

At least he was doggedly trying to hold the ball up (even if not successfully). I agree that Spicer looks the more clinical striker of the two, especially after his two headed goals in two matches, but he seems destined for wing back. With Ayo, Diomande, and Peruzza gone, Kerr should get more playing time during May and hopefully he begins to settle in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Having speed in the team is completely changing how opponents have to defend us. And I completely agree, this is the type of player we seemingly struggled to find in recent years.

Sort of tracks when you considered we traded top 3 picks in 22 and 23. The pipeline for these guys has to come from somewhere.
    I liked Hernandez’ unequivocal decision to keep the high draft pick. Of course, our woeful draft record has been at times countered by our willingness to spend. Without being able to spend, keeping the #1 was the obvious choice… we haven’t had much of the obvious choice the past few years, so good on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I liked Hernandez’ unequivocal decision to keep the high draft pick. Of course, our woeful draft record has been at times countered by our willingness to spend. Without being able to spend, keeping the #1 was the obvious choice… we haven’t had much of the obvious choice the past few years, so good on him.
    It’s also fair to point out the 2022 draft where we ditched our pick was largely crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s also fair to point out the 2022 draft where we ditched our pick was largely crap.
    True enough… with the exception of Oluwaseyi, raised in Mississauga, totally overlooked by our academy and chosen 17th by the Loons. He’s on 5 goals and 2 assists in limited minutes this season.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/tani-...e-been-waiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    True enough… with the exception of Oluwaseyi, raised in Mississauga, totally overlooked by our academy and chosen 17th by the Loons. He’s on 5 goals and 2 assists in limited minutes this season.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/tani-...e-been-waiting
    I'd genuinely wonder if you took a squad of players overlooked, given up on, given away or that we lost in a preventable way since Manning took over and put them against the second most expensive squad assembled in league history last year, who wins?

You've this kid, Delgado, Pozuelo, Shaff, Russell-Rowe, McNaughton, Priso, Lawrence, Auro and i'm sure others I'm forgetting. Vanney is the coach. They aren't winning any championships but I think that the rejects are arguably the bookmakers favourites vs us last year
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 05-05-2024 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'd genuinely wonder if you took a squad of players overlooked, given up on, given away or that we lost in a preventable way since Manning took over and put them against the second most expensive squad assembled in league history last year, who wins?

You've this kid, Delgado, Pozuelo, Shaff, Russell-Rowe, McNaughton, Priso, Lawrence, Auro and i'm sure others I'm forgetting. Vanney is the coach. They aren't winning any championships but I think that the rejects are arguably the bookmakers favourites vs us last year
    Raheem's doing pretty well at Montreal this year. We didn't protect him.

Griffin Dorsey often starts for Houston. Paul Rothrock is now a first-team backup at Seattle. Dan Lovitz generally starts for Nashville.

We can't really claim to have rejected Kyle Hiebert but I imagine we did; Vancouver certainly did, when he was a kid. But he played int he PDL for five years while in college, and we could've plucked him at any point and didn't. And none of the Canadian teams drafted him despite him being a Mac Hermann finalist in college.

There are probably more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was the best home performance since 2019, comfortably.

dallas were bad, but we are missing 2 dps and dominated the game from start to finish.

looked very comfortable in possession, solid out of possession. quality didn't drop off much when subs were made which is such a huge development. gomis, flores, berna, spicer, coello all superb, but everyone contributed.

ettienne jr looks a very astute pickup, looks to suit the system well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    that was the best home performance since 2019, comfortably.

dallas were bad, but we are missing 2 dps and dominated the game from start to finish.

looked very comfortable in possession, solid out of possession. quality didn't drop off much when subs were made which is such a huge development. gomis, flores, berna, spicer, coello all superb, but everyone contributed.

ettienne jr looks a very astute pickup, looks to suit the system well.
    Aside from the defence being caught out by some shifts in Dallas movement early in the second half, everyone played really well.

But Dallas were execrable, let's be honest. Utter dogshit. Their midfield has no mobility.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Aside from the defence being caught out by some shifts in Dallas movement early in the second half, everyone played really well.

But Dallas were execrable, let's be honest. Utter dogshit. Their midfield has no mobility.
    It's true but you can only beat who's in front of you.

And there are lots of bad teams in mls. You beat them consistentky you're basically a playoff team.

Can't help but wonder what the score would have been had Richie snd insigne been available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add that for the past 2 years we have not been beating the bad teams.

So the fact that we are this season is a big step on its own.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time does one need to show up to gate 4 to see the players arrive?