Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s also fair to point out the 2022 draft where we ditched our pick was largely crap.
    True enough… with the exception of Oluwaseyi, raised in Mississauga, totally overlooked by our academy and chosen 17th by the Loons. He’s on 5 goals and 2 assists in limited minutes this season.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/tani-...e-been-waiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    True enough… with the exception of Oluwaseyi, raised in Mississauga, totally overlooked by our academy and chosen 17th by the Loons. He’s on 5 goals and 2 assists in limited minutes this season.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/tani-...e-been-waiting
    I'd genuinely wonder if you took a squad of players overlooked, given up on, given away or that we lost in a preventable way since Manning took over and put them against the second most expensive squad assembled in league history last year, who wins?

You've this kid, Delgado, Pozuelo, Shaff, Russell-Rowe, McNaughton, Priso, Lawrence, Auro and i'm sure others I'm forgetting. Vanney is the coach. They aren't winning any championships but I think that the rejects are arguably the bookmakers favourites vs us last year
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 05-05-2024 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'd genuinely wonder if you took a squad of players overlooked, given up on, given away or that we lost in a preventable way since Manning took over and put them against the second most expensive squad assembled in league history last year, who wins?

You've this kid, Delgado, Pozuelo, Shaff, Russell-Rowe, McNaughton, Priso, Lawrence, Auro and i'm sure others I'm forgetting. Vanney is the coach. They aren't winning any championships but I think that the rejects are arguably the bookmakers favourites vs us last year
    Raheem's doing pretty well at Montreal this year. We didn't protect him.

Griffin Dorsey often starts for Houston. Paul Rothrock is now a first-team backup at Seattle. Dan Lovitz generally starts for Nashville.

We can't really claim to have rejected Kyle Hiebert but I imagine we did; Vancouver certainly did, when he was a kid. But he played int he PDL for five years while in college, and we could've plucked him at any point and didn't. And none of the Canadian teams drafted him despite him being a Mac Hermann finalist in college.

There are probably more.