Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
I’ve confirmed with GO Transit that there will be 3 buses per hour from select stations only to Union. Can’t have service at Exhibition at all that weekend due to the scope and type of work being done for the Ontario line - no trains no buses. No trains due to track work and bridge maintenance, no buses as there will be no room/no safe spot for buses to arrive to/leave from due to large areas surrounding the station at Exhibition being “under construction”.
I asked if they would put on extra buses at least during the lead up to the match and after the match at Union. They said no - there’s simply not enough buses or available room at Union Station to deal with crowds.
I also pointed out there is a Raptors game that night and by not providing a “lot” of extra buses westbound from Union it will lead to dangerous overcrowding - they seem largely unconcerned!
Apparently MLSE are aware of all this.
That is typical from metrolinx. They have zero forethought as to what is going on. They continually make peoples life more cumbersome than it should. Not to mention the present your fare police prior and after every TFC game. I have yet to see them set this up for any other event or at any other station.