Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    At least Bradley and Jozy left a legacy.

Insigne is the worst contract in MLS history, and its not looking good, poor signing all around.
    One thing having Insigne on the team though or a guy like that is make the team more marketable. Players want to play with other great players.

This won't happen but part of me wishes we could sign Insignes best bud Ciro Immobile for 2 years. Not a future signing but immediate like Luis Suarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t particularly have an issue with Americans but I do have an issue with the continual recycling of candidates from the MLS and USSF fraternity. There are plenty of good Americans (and others obviously) out there who never get an opportunity because they are not in the club.

Meanwhile, Chris Armas gets 40,000 chances to be successful before achieving anything. If only the rest of us could get so many chances to fail before succeeding.

I also think these sorts over-value their own. Altidore was a resoundingly lazy signing and never would have been justified by anyone not hypnotized by his USMNT profile.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first of all, Jozy is the price for getting rid of Defoe.

+

2017 Altidore scoring the winning goals in both the Conference finals and the final....with a broken right foot.....is something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Toronto Lynx defender Rumba Munthali is the new interim coach of Nashville SC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well first of all, Jozy is the price for getting rid of Defoe.

+

2017 Altidore scoring the winning goals in both the Conference finals and the final....with a broken right foot.....is something
    Apologies, I should have said resigning. The initial deal was borderline genius.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Apologies, I should have said resigning. The initial deal was borderline genius.
    Agreed on the resigning....BIG mistake. He was a shell of himself after his 2019 injury.

At the time, we all thought it was Manning but I am beginning to wonder how much he was listening to MB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Former Toronto Lynx defender Rumba Munthali is the new interim coach of Nashville SC.
    Interesting. Brought into the Nashville academy/fold recently after a number of years/dues at SKC academy. Wonder if for just this reason? Among the first wave of western footballers in mid to late 2000’s to go play in China.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    One thing having Insigne on the team though or a guy like that is make the team more marketable. Players want to play with other great players.

This won't happen but part of me wishes we could sign Insignes best bud Ciro Immobile for 2 years. Not a future signing but immediate like Luis Suarez.
    When I heard Berna was renegotiating his contract this was the first thing to pop up in my head. Both DPs adding a year or two to spread out the $ to bring in another compatriot. But would need to be on max TAM, not DP.