Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for some plain speaking.

Hernandez should not have the job. He may be a great guy with potential… talk to me in 2030.

He needs to learn the craft in a winning organization. What on earth can he have learned from Curtis, Bradley and Manning?

He has the job because he is so inexperienced, that he is not a threat to Manning. That's it. That is the reason.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Time for some plain speaking.

Hernandez should not have the job. He may be a great guy with potential… talk to me in 2030.

He needs to learn the craft in a winning organization. What on earth can he have learned from Curtis, Bradley and Manning?

He has the job because he is so inexperienced, that he is not a threat to Manning. That's it. That is the reason.
    I agree with all of this but will also add in that he is cheap and an easily sourced hire. This is also a TFC factor in doing things; cheap, easy, and lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree with all of this but will also add in that he is cheap and an easily sourced hire. This is also a TFC factor in doing things; cheap, easy, and lazy.
    I think cheap is exactly the reason, and is the reason we'll make alot of decisions in the next few years, sadly.

I don't care too much about his lack of media-savvy, as that isn't a skill that is crucial in building a roster. The latter is to be seen, but so far, not overly impressed. I wouldn't call him a write off, he's working with no budget from his owners and a roster so poorly constructed that anybody would struggle, but the argument that he was never qualified in the first place is not an unfair one.

But today is not a good look, for sure. Let that be a lesson, if you're announcing a signing before the ink is dry they better be on a plane to Toronto and their partner is browsing real estate listings. You're setting yourself up for failure otherwise. Again, for me, I don't particularly care - he can be a complete moron publicly so long as he can assemble a roster - but it doesn't help inspire confidence.