Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Front-office people, too. Poz was the one big change under Bob that they pleaded with him not to pursue, and argued that he'd become part of the DNA of the club. Didn't matter, spoke Spanish (not German, English or Italian), had his own social circle, played primarily offensively instead of as an eight. That was enough. So fucking arrogant, that man. My good lord.
    I love the passive tone of voice these front office people use with you. Like they were the victims of someone stealing their car at 3am.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I love the passive tone of voice these front office people use with you. Like they were the victims of someone stealing their car at 3am.
    Oh, I think it's bloody cowardice sometimes. In this case, it wasn't like Bob had it in writing that they couldn't interfere, it was a verbal agreement that they wouldn't. Respect that most of the time, sure, but not when it's your best player.

I made that point, and the answer back was "well, we gave our word, so..." But I've never met anyone in business who didn't at some point have to claim exigent circumstance and go back on a verbal deal, particularly one that clearly undermined at least three other people in management with regularity.

I think generally "passive tone" isn't just reserved for reputation management, it accurately describes how they've approached almost any contentious issue.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-16-2024 at 06:49 PM.