Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
Love you to death but absolutely disagree, he bragged about doing the dinners to get LI to come. And if he cant spend anymore, why is he here? It means they have no faith, in his decisions. Also, I do think LI has been professional publicly and i do not begrudge him taking the money. But for TFC once you made the first signing, Bernadeschi was just stupid. One aging star and one highly skilled but disenfranchised player, add up to two skilled wide DPs with nothing to link them together and leverage them.

So skill and passing wont make the difference because they cannot connect.

Now Bernadeschi with a striker I would have been fine with as well but there would be no LI caché. After LI, a Striker DP (even a TAM) was a must, to sign anything else was plain stupid. Even if you say that you agree with letting your team make the decisions, Manning has to step in some time, after all he was the brainchild of Real Salt Lake. He did that with BB, another failure and his time should be done.

The buck stops with him, he is the president, he should resign based on what he has done to the club. Look at what Bez has done with a lot less fanfare. The only reason there is interest right now in TFC (other than the core base, which they are pissing off), is Messi and a World Cup. Hate to be so cynical but prove me wrong, stop blaming Rogers and Bell, except for this. Instead of reigning in an asset, put the right person in place and leverage the asset as best you can…. They have 2 1/2 years to make or break this.
Thanks for the love, back at you… I am no defender of his..

Manning would be hardly the first guy to try to take public credit for things his superiors actually are responsible for. That kind of endzone dancing feels good in the early days…

I agree he needs to go. But I think that guys who take the kind of responsibility you are looking for are few and far between, and it's not fair to expect him to quit. He has a contract, he has a family (not that that matters to my point)… it's MLSE that need to move him out, for the reasons you state (I would have a few more).