Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
Between blocking an Insigne shot on the line and getting the way of Mailula's rebound shot yesterday, Prince Owusu has now officially blocked more of our shots than he's taken.

Speaking of Mailula, you saw in close play why he makes Herdman nervous. Too small and easily bounced off the ball, not much he can do on the ball.

To me, at this kind of level, he can't be a winger. He's a poacher striker or second striker at best.

But... he does sort of have something, too. He had 11 touches in very short time, and his movement to me looked well-thought out, like he was looking to be dangerous or find a dangerous spot.

I sort of wonder if he's one of those natural scorers who's not very good at anything else, and if he shouldn't get a shot up top. Surely he can press and knock in rebounds, which is about all the use and service our number 9 currently gets.
I really like Owusu's work rate. He does a lot of things that fit our system very well. Unfortunately one of those things doesn't appear to be scoring. But I would be inclined to keep him around for games we're defending a lead or if we're playing more of a counter attack game plan with a high block. I still feel like he could break out, but that looks less likely every game we see him. The guy is a beast. The priority should be to move Akinola, who hasn't shown to do anything well for a few years now, and bring in a clinical striker. Keep Owusu.